Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Joss & Main Mastercard®
5% BACK in Rewards at Joss & Main
- 5% Back in Rewards at Joss & Main
- 3% at grocery stores
- 2% online
- No interest financing if paid in full up to 24 months on qualifying orders
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the U.S. Dollar amount of each purchase
At a Glance
The Joss & Main Mastercard® lets design fans save up to 5% back on purchases with all five Wayfair family websites, enjoy special 0% APR financing on select purchases, and more – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are planning an interior design project
- Plan to use their card for online purchases
- Want a rewards card where rewards apply to one brand
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Joss & Main Mastercard® Review
Earn 5% Cash Back at Joss & Main
The main selling point with the Joss & Main Mastercard® is one of two special offers with the home furnishings brand. Cardholders can earn 5% back on purchases with Joss & Main or other Wayfair websites or opt for no interest financing for up to 24 months.
The 5% back on purchases is an excellent offer on par with many other retail cards. Plus, given the premium costs associated with many interior designs and home décor products, 5% back can be a real blessing.
The 24-month financing option is also standard but can provide some financial breathing space when remodeling a home, apartment, or other space. However, keep in mind that 0% APR only applies if the balance is paid, in full, before the end of the two years of special finance. Interest will be charged from the purchase date if the balance is not paid in full within the promotional period.
Earn Cash Back Online and on Groceries
The Wayfair savings with the Joss & Main Mastercard® are the same as the closed-loop Joss & Main Store Credit Card. Where the open-loop Mastercard differs is the savings it provides outside of Joss & Main stores.
Cardholders earn 3% at grocery stores and 2% on online purchases not made at Wayfair sites, plus 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases made with the card. The 3% back on groceries is a nice feature with the card, but the 2% back online offers exceptional value for money – especially for a retail credit card. The Joss & Main card essentially operates as a 2% back card, like the Citi Double Cash or TD Bank Double Up Cards when used online – and given the popularity of options like PayPal or other services, the sky is the limit for online shopping.
New card accounts enjoy $40 off your first order of $250 or more. This offer cannot be combined with any other financing offer or other Wayfair discounts. Additional exclusions apply for select manufacturers, gift cards and purchases made with a Wayfair Professional profile.
How to Redeem Rewards with the Joss & Main Mastercard®
Redeeming cash back rewards with the Joss & Main Mastercard® is fairly easy. Cash back takes the form of rewards points, with 1% cash back + one point. Cardholders can redeem their rewards towards qualifying purchases at Wayfair family sites. Eligible sites are:
Rewards are redeemable at a rate of 200 points for $6 in goods. Rewards members also have a limit of $2,500 in Wayfair Credit Card Reward Dollars per month.
Points with the Joss & Main Mastercard® never expire – a great feature since normal Wayfair Rewards members have points expire three months after they are earned.
The Joss & Main Mastercard®, like other retail cards, comes with special financing plans on select purchases. This option is known as “no interest financing if paid in full” and applies for select purchases for up to 24 months:
- 6-month financing on orders over $99
- 12-month financing on orders over $499
- 18-month financing on orders over $1499
- 24-month financing on orders over $2999
Other Card Features
Other notable features with the card include:
- Zero Fraud Liability: Cardholders pay nothing if their card is subject to unauthorized use or theft.
- Mastercard Global Service: Emergency assistance nearly anywhere in the world, 24/7. Services include lost card reporting and replacement, emergency cash disbursement, and more.
- ID Theft Protection: Complimentary credit report monitoring that alerts cardholders to any changes or fraud concerns.
Should You Apply for the Joss & Main Mastercard® Credit Card?
Retail credit cards tend to be a mixed bag, with some providing value only with select stores. Not so with the Joss & Main Mastercard®, however.
The card offers 5% back and the choice of special financing with the Wayfair family of online brands – including names like Wayfair, All Modern, and Joss & Main. However, the card takes things a step further and provides an impressive 3% back on groceries – and 1% back on all online purchases outside of Wayfair.
That unique combination of cash back rewards categories makes the Joss & Main Mastercard® an excellent option for those planning on remodeling their home, apartment, or office, as they can rack up savings everywhere Mastercard is accepted, and the apply those rewards towards their design t[project – all for no annual fee.