Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 6th, 2022
Indigo® Platinum Mastercard®
- Regular Purchase APR 24.9%
- Cash Advance APR 29.9%
- Annual Fee $0 to $99 depending on the card issued
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Poor
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Great for demonstrating responsible use of credit
- Short and easy-to-complete pre-qualification form
- 24/7 mobile account access
- Choose your card design free of charge
- Regular Purchase APR: 24.9%
- Cash Advance APR: 29.9%
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $0 during the first year; after first year, either $5 or 5% of the amount of transaction
- Penalty APR: 29.9%
- Annual Fee: $0 to $99 depending on the card issued
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Indigo Mastercard is rapidly becoming recognized as a top credit card option for applicants with less-than-perfect credit. It is a great resource for anyone who wants to establish, build, or repair their credit score. What’s more, benefits of the Indigo Mastercard include quick pre-qualification with no impact on your credit score, 24/7 mobile account access, chip card technology, and more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to build or repair their credit score with a decent credit line
- Have a history of poor credit and have been declined by other credit card issuers
- Want a credit card whose application will not impact their credit score
- Don’t want a secured credit card or can’t afford a security deposit
- Would like to show some personality with several card designs
- Would like a tool for building credit that is accepted worldwide – anywhere Mastercard is accepted
Indigo® Mastercard® Review
The Indigo is a credit card that is designed specifically for applicants with poor or no credit. All too often, credit card issuers reject an application due to a history of poor financial responsibility. Secondly, even if you have a decent credit score, you may not get approved because of what’s in your credit report.
However, the Indigo Mastercard aims to help those who have been rejected for other cards. The card is issued by Celtic Bank through a partnership with Genesis FS Card Services. Secondly, this card is a unique product that specializes in helping consumers with limited or damaged credit make a fresh start.
The application process with the Indigo Card is quick and easy. Specifically, there is an online pre-qualification form on their website where you can provide basic details without a hard inquiry. As a result, there is no impact on your credit score.
Once you’ve applied and are approved, Indigo reports your responsible use of the card to all three major credit bureaus – TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian. You’ll have a decision regarding approval for the Indigo Card very quickly. In fact, it can take as little as 60 seconds after submitting your pre-qualification application.
Variable Annual Fees
Once the application has been reviewed, approved applicants will need to pay their annual fee to activate their account. Applicants can be approved for one of three Indigo credit card offers, depending on their creditworthiness. Each card offer has the same purchase APR, while the annual fee varies:
- First Offer: An annual fee of $75 for the first year and $99 thereafter
- Second Offer: An annual fee of $59
- Third Offer: No annual fees
Remember, this is still a credit card application – although approval odds may be higher than with other card offers, approval is not guaranteed. Not everyone will qualify for the lowest annual fee (or APR, as terms are subject to change).
Establishing a good payment record using this card may lead to thee cardholder receiving better rates on upcoming big-ticket purchases, including homes and vhicles. It could even lead to an upgrade to other forms of credit, like an unsecured credit card or a card with a rewards program.
Other Indigo® Mastercard® Features
Besides helping cardholders rebuild their credit, the Indigo Mastercard is sure to please with 24/7 mobile account access and an additional layer of fraud protection via chip card technology.
Online Account Monitoring and Management
Monitoring account activity is easy thanks to the Indigo Account Management site – accessible from any mobile device, desktop, or tablet. This convenient app makes it simple to pay balances on time and begin improving one’s financial status.
Design Your Own Card
Once approved, you can choose your own card design at no additional charge so you can personalize your Indigo card. Moreover, this will let your personality show whenever you use your card to make a purchase.
Here are a few examples of the Indigo credit card designs you can select from:
Excellent Customer Service
Add to this a true commitment to customer service (through Indigo services), with dedicated resources to help cardholders navigate the often confusing world of building credit, and this card offer is hard to pass up for anyone looking to repair their financial history. Cardholders also get extended warranty protection and other benefits of Mastercard credit cards.
Making payments with the Indigo Card is also straightforward. Simply visit the Indigo card website (myindigocard.com), use your credit card details to login to your indigo account, and either pay your bill or sign up for automatic bill pay options.
- Mastercard Identity Theft resolution services
- Mastercard travel assistance
- Regular reporting to credit bureaus of on-time payments / payment history
How Does Indigo Platinum Compare?
Here is how the Indigo Platinum Mastercard stacks up with two close competitors:
FAQs About the Indigo Mastercard
Here are some commonly asked questions about the Indigo Platinum Mastercard:
- Anyone who is interested in establishing or rebuilding their credit can apply for the Indigo Mastercard. To be pre-qualified or approved, you must:
- Must be at least 18 years old (19 in AL), have a valid social security number, physical address, and a US IP address.
- Not have had an Indigo Mastercard Account that charged off due to delinquency.
- Meet additional credit qualification criteria, including a review of your income and your debt, and identity verification requirements.
The Mastercard Benefits are an additional benefit of the Indigo Mastercard included at no additional charge. These benefits include:
- Mastercard ID Theft Protection™ – Provides thorough identity monitoring covering your social security number, email addresses, debit cards, credit cards, bank accounts, usernames and passwords for web logins, and much more.
- Zero Liability protection – When you use your Mastercard, have peace of mind knowing that you are not held responsible for unauthorized transactions.
- Yes, subject to credit approval, you can use your Indigo Mastercard for cash advances at many financial institutions.
Indigo Card Ratings
How does Genesis DS, the card’s issuer, stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card:
What is the Indigo Card like to live with? Before deciding if the card is right for you, here’s what our readers and members think about the card:
Should You Apply for the Indigo® Mastercard®?
In conclusion, it isn’t easy having poor (or no) credit. But, the Indigo card is here to help anyone who needs to build, or rebuild, their credit profile. Your approval is based on your credit history. Although approval isn’t guaranteed, there is good news: If you apply for Indigo, there is no hard inquiry to your credit report unless you qualify and are approved.
In other words, you can pre-qualify and know ahead of time. And, unlike a secured card, the Indigo doesn’t require a deposit to open an account. The $300 credit limit may not seem like a lot, but it is fair considering there is no required deposit. In this regard, the Indio is similar to the Milestone Gold Mastercard – another good option for bad credit scores.
And since your account activity is reported to each of the three major credit bureaus, cardholders who demonstrate financial responsibility will see their credit score rise until they are able to qualify for a different credit card offer.
All in all, for anyone who is looking for a financial tool to build their credit or improve their credit profile, the Indigo Mastercard is a great place to start. The Indigo Mastercard’s ease of use, simplicity in setting up online payments, Indigo’s pre-qualify and pre-approval, and helpful credit tools make the card more than competitive with other similar credit cards.