| Last updated on October 27th, 2023
Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard®
Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard®
- 11.99% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 11.99% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 11.99% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
Getting started and building credit as a student may seem difficult – there’s enough to worry about in college as it is, without worrying about building a credit profile on top of exams, football games and hanging in the quad. Luckily, the Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard makes building your credit easy while you spend your money on the things that matter most to you.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Emergency cash advance and card replacement
- Text alerts when the bank detects potentially fraudulent activity on your account
- 25-day grace period for purchases
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 11.99% to 18.00% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each cash advance
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- You're a student who wants a card with no annual fee and low interest rates
- You will take advantage of a 25-day grace period for purchases
- You will use your new card to build your credit by displaying financial responsibility
- You want text message alerts when potential fraudulent activity is detected on your card
Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard® Review
Students who are looking for a credit card offer designed specifically to make student life easier need not wait any longer; use the Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard® to make regular payments and keep your card balance under control to beef up your credit rating. Make everyday purchases – grab the latest new clothes, download music, or get Taco Tuesday with the crew – you’ll be able to use the Clearview Student Platinum card to purchase the things that make life worth living – or, you can use it to buy your books and materials for class – or both! Clearview Federal Credit Union will monitor your account activity and regularly report it to the credit bureaus, so if you demonstrate financial responsibility with your student card, you’ll see that credit score gain strength in no time.
When using the Student Platinum Mastercard from Clearview Federal Credit Union, students will benefit from a low, competitive interest rate on purchases. Save money with no annual fee, and enjoy a 25-day grace period for all purchases made with your card, as well as emergency cash and card replacement. You’ll enjoy the security this card provides – EMV chip technology beefs up your protection against card skimmers, and you’ll get text alerts every time there’s a potentially fraudulent use of your card, so you can dispute fraudulent charges quickly and easily.
Note: Student Cardholders will need to have a co-signer to be approved for this card, before a credit history has been established. If you have already established credit history, a co-signer will not be necessary.
Should You Apply for the Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard®?
The Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard® is a good credit builder card from Clearview Federal Credit Union. The card offers everything a student needs to build a positive credit history, including a competitive rate, 25-day grace period, and no annual fee. The Chase
Freedom® Student Credit Card is another great student credit card to
consider, as it offers cash back, a good grades discount, and no annual fee.
Related Article: What Are the Easiest Credit Cards for Bad Credit to Get?
Browse Other Credit Builder Card Offers
Browse Other Clearview Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.