Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on January 27th, 2022
Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard®
Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard®
Build Credit as a Student
- Regular Purchase APR 9.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 9.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 9.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Poor , No Credit Required
- Intro Purchase APR 6.49% on purchases made through December 31, 2022
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Emergency cash advance and card replacement
- Text alerts when the bank detects potentially fraudulent activity on your account
- 25-day grace period for purchases
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 6.49% on purchases made through December 31, 2022
- Regular Purchase APR: 9.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 9.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 9.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each cash advance
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
Getting started and building credit as a student may seem difficult – there’s enough to worry about in college as it is, without worrying about building a credit profile on top of exams, football games and hanging in the quad. Luckily, the Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard makes building your credit easy while you spend your money on the things that matter most to you.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a student who wants a card with no annual fee and low interest rates
- Will take advantage of a 25-day grace period for purchases
- Will use your new card to build your credit by displaying financial responsibility
- Want text message alerts when potential fraudulent activity is detected on your card
Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard® Review
Students who are looking for a credit card offer designed specifically to make student life easier need not wait any longer; use the Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard® to make regular payments and keep your card balance under control to beef up your credit rating. Make everyday purchases – grab the latest new clothes, download music, or get Taco Tuesday with the crew – you’ll be able to use the Clearview Student Platinum card to purchase the things that make life worth living – or, you can use it to buy your books and materials for class – or both! Clearview Federal Credit Union will monitor your account activity and regularly report it to the credit bureaus, so if you demonstrate financial responsibility with your student card, you’ll see that credit score gain strength in no time.
When using the Student Platinum Mastercard from Clearview Federal Credit Union, students will benefit from a low, competitive interest rate on purchases. Save money with no annual fee, and enjoy a 25-day grace period for all purchases made with your card, as well as emergency cash and card replacement. You’ll enjoy the security this card provides – EMV chip technology beefs up your protection against card skimmers, and you’ll get text alerts every time there’s a potentially fraudulent use of your card, so you can dispute fraudulent charges quickly and easily.
Note: Student Cardholders will need to have a co-signer to be approved for this card, before a credit history has been established. If you have already established credit history, a co-signer will not be necessary.
Should You Apply for the Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard®?
The Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard® is a good credit builder card from Clearview Federal Credit Union. The card offers everything a student needs to build a positive credit history, including a competitive rate, 25-day grace period, and no annual fee. The Chase Freedom® Student Credit Card is another great student credit card to consider, as it offers cash back, a good grades discount, and no annual fee.
Related Article: What Are the Easiest Credit Cards for Bad Credit to Get?