Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard®
Build Credit as a Student
- Regular Purchase APR 9.24% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 9.24% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 9.24% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Poor , No Credit Required
- Intro Purchase APR 3.99% on balance transfers completed within 30 days from account opening
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Emergency cash advance and card replacement
- Text alerts when the bank detects potentially fraudulent activity on your account
- 25-day grace period for purchases
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 3.99% on balance transfers completed within 30 days from account opening
- Regular Purchase APR: 9.24% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 9.24% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 9.24% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each cash advance
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Save as you shop at London Designer Outlet - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Achieve home office harmony with a Feng Shui session - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Take a flawless makeup masterclass at Cosmetics à la Carte - Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 - See Details
- Learn to DJ like an expert - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Shop like a celebrity with LookStyler - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Upgrade your stay in Belfast and see the city in style - Offer Expires on March 31, 2021 - See Details
- Master gin and tonics with tips from two expert restaurateurs - Offer Expires on May 28, 2021 - See Details
- Get a taste of the pirate's life with Miami Children's Museum - Offer Expires on January 22, 2031 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
Getting started and building credit as a student may seem difficult – there’s enough to worry about in college as it is, without worrying about building a credit profile on top of exams, football games and hanging in the quad. Luckily, the Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard makes building your credit easy while you spend your money on the things that matter most to you.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a student who wants a card with no annual fee and low interest rates
- Will take advantage of a 25-day grace period for purchases
- Will use your new card to build your credit by displaying financial responsibility
- Want text message alerts when potential fraudulent activity is detected on your card
Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard® Review
Students who are looking for a credit card offer designed specifically to make student life easier need not wait any longer; use the Clearview Student Platinum Mastercard® to make regular payments and keep your card balance under control to beef up your credit rating. Make everyday purchases – grab the latest new clothes, download music, or get Taco Tuesday with the crew – you’ll be able to use the Clearview Student Platinum card to purchase the things that make life worth living – or, you can use it to buy your books and materials for class – or both! Clearview Federal Credit Union will monitor your account activity and regularly report it to the credit bureaus, so if you demonstrate financial responsibility with your student card, you’ll see that credit score gain strength in no time.
Related Article: What Are the Best Secured Cards for Building Credit?
When using the Student Platinum Mastercard from Clearview Federal Credit Union, students will benefit from a low, competitive interest rate on purchases. Save money with no annual fee, and enjoy a 25-day grace period for all purchases made with your card, as well as emergency cash and card replacement. You’ll enjoy the security this card provides – EMV chip technology beefs up your protection against card skimmers, and you’ll get text alerts every time there’s a potentially fraudulent use of your card, so you can dispute fraudulent charges quickly and easily.
Note: Student Cardholders will need to have a co-signer to be approved for this card, before a credit history has been established. If you have already established credit history, a co-signer will not be necessary.
Related Article: What Are the Easiest Credit Cards for Bad Credit to Get?