Clark Crown Endless Rewards Mastercard®
Receive a $15 Clark Crown Gift Card After First Purchase
- Regular Purchase APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- No annual fee
- Unlimited 1.5% back on Clark Crown purchases
- Unlimited 1% back on all other purchases
- Rewards never expire
- Intro Purchase APR: 1.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 1.99% for the first 6 months
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of each transaction in U.S. dollars. 2% of each transaction made in currencies other than U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Clark Crown Endless Rewards Mastercard® is a gas rewards card from Commerce Bank that rewards patrons of independent gas stations and convenience stores. The card earns a healthy 1.5% back on select fuel and services, plus offers a gift card for making the first purchase – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Live near an independent gas station that features Clark or Crown branding
- Want a gas rewards credit card to pair with another cash back card
- Don’t mind non-existent redemption options
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
The Clark Crown Endless Rewards Mastercard® Review
The Clark Crown Endless Rewards Mastercard® is a gas rewards credit card for those who frequent the independent stations that bear the Clark or Crown branding. Both the Clark and Crown brands have nearly two centuries of combined history behind them and feature on the branding of over 1,000 stations in 32 U.S. states.
How to Earn Rewards
The Clark Crown Endless Rewards Mastercard earns 1.5% back on purchases at locations that feature the Clark or Crown branding. Every other purchase with the card earns 1% back, with no limit on the total number of rewards a member can earn.
The Clark Brands include more than just independent gas stations, increasing the opportunity for cardholders to earn 1.5% back. Beyond gas stations, the properties include Fast Fare, On the Go, and Express Mart. These stores cater to travelers on the move, offering food, drinks, merchandise, and other services.
How to Redeem Rewards
Rewards with the Clark Crown Endless Rewards Mastercard are posted automatically. There are no options for redemption, just statement credits. After earning a minimum of $25 in rewards, the rewards are automatically posted to the account on the same date as the next account cycle.
The lack of redemption options is definitely a disappointment with the card. While cash back is the best option for cards like these, having the choice of direct deposits instead of statement credits would have been a nice feature. Instead, cardholders only get money off their credit card bill.
Fortunately, rewards don’t expire. This means that even if the card is only occasionally in use, the rewards are still good. This creates a scenario where someone could have multiple credit cards for gas rewards. Pairing this card with another gas credit card from Shell, Chevron, Exxon, or another brand provides the versatility of earning cash back with multiple stations – all for no annual fee.
Receive a $15 Gift Card After Making the First Purchase
Making a first purchase, balance transfer, or cash advance with the card earns the accountholder a $15 Clark Crown gift card. While receiving the gift card can take upwards of 60 days, getting $15 in free fuel (or even snacks for the road!) is an excellent perk for making even the smallest of purchases.
Special Introductory APR on Purchases and Balance Transfers
The Clark Crown Endless Rewards Mastercard® also comes with a special low rate on purchases and balance transfers. New accounts enjoy 1.99% APR for the first six months, followed by a regular APR that is competitive – but uninspiring.
While special introductory rates are usually great for financing larger purchases, that isn’t the case with the Clark Crown Endless Rewards Mastercard. Purchases outside of service stations and convenience stores under their branding only earn 1% back. This makes the card far from ideal for making purchases – instead, use a general cash back or rewards credit card.
While 1.99% APR on balance transfers isn’t 0% intro APR, the card might still be a decent balance transfer option for those who have an existing credit card balance they want to pay down. This is, of course, is reliant upon the cardholder not having a better APR with their other cards.
Should You Apply for the Clark Crown Endless Rewards Mastercard?
The Clark Crown Endless Rewards Mastercard is a decent gas rewards credit card for a very niche audience. The Clark and Crown names have a century of history behind them. Despite this, however, there are only approximately 1,000 stations bearing these names. In comparison, there are currently around 25,000 Shell stations and 12,000 Mobil stations. Of course, these brands aren’t independent – nor do they have the limited geographic reach of Crown and Clark. Still, however, the reach of the Clark Crown Card is limited.
Despite this, however, the card offers solid value-for-money for those who prefer to ill up with a Clark or Crown-affiliate. Assuming the average price of gas is around $2.50, the Clark Crown Endless Rewards Mastercard offers approximately four cents in savings per gallon. That’s slightly lower than the five cents found with the CITGO Rewards Card and the Shell Fuel Rewards Mastercard. The Shell Card also earns 2% back on the first $10,000 in dining and grocery purchase – something the Clark Crown Card simply can’t match.
Ultimately, the Clark Crown Endless Rewards Mastercard offers solid value for those who live near a Clark or Crown service station – and prefer filling up with an independent owner rather than a multinational conglomerate. The $15 gift card after first purchase is a nice perk –essentially free money, given the lack of an annual fee. And the fact that rewards don’t expire means the card offers value – even for only occasional usage.