- Earn 10 cents on every gallon in fuel statement credits during the first three months of account opening. After that, earn 5 cents per gallon
- No annual fee
- Use your card at more than 5,500 CITGO locations
- No extra cost for adding authorized users to your account
- Regular Purchase APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99%
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
At a Glance
The CITGO Rewards Card is a retail and gas rewards credit card that saves you money while filling up at the pump. The card, from Synchrony Bank, offers five cents in savings for each gallon of fuel purchased at CITGO pumps, with new cardholders saving even more – ten cents per gallon – for the first three months. The card has no annual fee, and additional authorized users can be added to the account for no extra cost.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently purchase gasoline
- Prefer to fill-up at the more than 5,500 CITGO locations
- Want to save on every gallon of fuel they purchase
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
The CITGO Rewards Card Review
The CITGO Rewards Card is a gas rewards credit card from Synchrony Bank. Synchrony specializes in teaming up with retailers and offering co-branded rewards cards that help loyal customers earn solid rewards and perks with every purchase – and this is most certainly the case with the CITGO Rewards Card.
For those that frequently purchase gasoline at CITGO, the Rewards Card earns an impressive five cents ($0.05) off each gallon of gas. This savings is further increased for the first three months after opening the account, with cardholders earning a doubly impressive ten cents off each gallon of fuel they purchase.
As with other Synchrony Bank retail credit cards, the CITGO Rewards Card features no annual fee, meaning keeping this card in your wallet for occasional use won’t cause any problems. Even better, should you want to boost your savings, additional authorized users can be added to the credit card account for no extra cost.
The card also comes with the protection and security you’d expect from a credit card. Cardholders enjoy Zero Fraud Liability, for example, as well as cash access at participating ATMs, plus special cardholder events and offers that are not available to other CITGO customers.
Should You Apply for the CITGO Rewards Card?
While a gas retail card might not be ideal for everyone, for those who frequently fill-up at CITGO, the CITGO Rewards Card is an excellent option to consider. The card earns five cents back on every gallon purchased, which is doubled for the first three months. The ability to save money on gas purchases – plus share the savings with family members – for no annual fee makes this a great card to keep in your back pocket, even if it’s just for occasional use.