Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 10th, 2021
Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business
Earn Unlimited 1% Cash Back on Every Purchase
- Earn unlimited 1% cash back for your business on every purchase, everywhere, no limits or category restrictions
- $0 Fraud Liability if your card is lost or stolen, and get real-time alerts of fraud attempts via text, email, or phone
- Free employee cards, which also earn unlimited 1% cash back on all purchases
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.4% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
At a Glance
With 1% cash back for every purchase and no annual fee, the Spark® Classic from Capital One® credit card is a straightforward option that businesses can use to start building their credit. Free employee cards and numerous account management options are also beneficial features of the Spark® Classic from Capital One® for those with average credit that get approved.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to earn 1% cash back on all purchases, every day, without having to worry about complicated categories
- Have average credit and want to boost your rating by displaying responsible spending habits
- Do not want to pay annual fees or foreign transaction fees
Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business Review
By responsibly spending with the Spark® Classic from Capital One® credit card, you’ll be able to earn an unlimited 1% cash back on all purchases while working towards a better credit score.
Build Credit with Responsible Usage
Building credit can be tricky. This reality is especially true for businesses. With those difficulties in mind, Capital One’s Spark Classic Card provides companies with the purchasing power they want, and the credit building capability they need.
Earn Rewards with Every Purchase
The Spark Classic not only helps build credit. The card also earns rewards with every purchase. The reward rate – 1% back on all purchases – isn’t exceptional but is a nice perk. Even better, there are limits to the total amount of rewards that businesses can earn. Points also never expire while the account is open.
Other Card Features
Benefits like not having to pay an annual fee or foreign transaction fees help bolster this car’s profile as well. The card also includes Visa® Business Benefits, such as an auto rental collision damage waiver or travel and emergency assistance services, which can come in handy for professionals on the road. Other features of the Spark® Classic from Capital One® include quarterly and year-end itemized summary reports and real-time fraud alerts via text, email, or phone.
Should You Apply for the Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business Card?
The Capital One Spark® Classic Card is the ideal credit card for businesses looking to build credit and earn rewards at the same time. The fixed-rate APR with the card isn’t exceptional but serves as a launching point to another Capital one Spark card in the future.
Learning an unlimited 1% is a nice feature – especially since there are no limits to the number of rewards earnable. Free employee cards further bolster this perk at no additional cost. Throw in some Visa purchase and fraud protection, and Capital one business tools, and you have a winner of a business card for no annual fee.