Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 12th, 2022
BlockFi Rewards Visa® Signature Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 1.5% back in bitcoin on every purchase
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Earn 2% back in bitcoin on every purchase over $50,000 of annual spending
- Earn 3.5% back in bitcoin during your first 3 months of card ownership
- Know if you're pre-approved without affecting your credit score
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The BlockFi Bitcoin Rewards Visa Signature Card is a no annual fee crypto credit card from fintech BlockFi. The card earns an unlimited 1.5% cash back in Bitcoin (BTC) – a rate that jumps to 2% back in BTC after making $50,000 in purchases each calendar year.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have good credit or an excellent credit score
- Don’t have a significant CRO stake but still want to earn Bitcoin rewards
- Don’t want to pay any annual fees or foreign transaction fees
- Plan to regularly use the card and spend at least $4,166 each month
BlockFi Rewards Visa® Signature Credit Card Review
The BlockFi Bitcoin Rewards Visa Signature Card is a venture between Visa and fintech/cryptocurrency company, BlockFi. The card earns a flat rate back in Bitcoin rewards with every purchase – for no annual fee.
How to Earn Bitcoin
The BlockFi Bitcoin Rewards Visa Signature earns a flat rate of 1.5% cash back in Bitcoin rewards for every purchase, which is nice. It removes the confusing membership tiers found with other crypto cards – particularly crypto debit and prepaid cards.
The card also offers enhanced cash back earning rate of 2% back on every purchase over $50,000 of annual spend. This bonus is tempting for those who plan to use their card regularly, as it requires an average spend of approximately $4,166 per month to qualify.
The cash back rate with the BlockFi credit card is lower than the premium-tier earning rates with other crypto cards like the Crypto.com Visa, but that card is a debit card – and requires a massive crypto stake to receive those impressive rewards. In contrast, the BlockFi Bitcoin Rewards Visa Signature requires no CRO stake to open and features no annual fees.
Earn 3.5% Back in Bitcoin for the First Three Months
BlockFi ups the ante with their new credit card by offering even more cash back in Bitcoin rewards for the first three months of new account ownership. New cardholders enjoy 3.5% back in Bitcoin for the first three months after opening an account – more than doubling the cash back potential and supercharging your Bitcoin investment.
However, keep in mind that the introductory offer is capped at $100 in BTC, which BlockFi equates approximately $2,857.15 of spending to earn an extra $100 in BTC.
How to Redeem Rewards
Like other crypto cards, the rewards redemption process with the BlockFi Visa Signature Card is very streamlined. Bitcoin rewards are paid out on a regular monthly cycle into the BlockFi account of the cardholder, where they accrue interest daily.
Boost Your Rewards Through BlockFi
The BlockFi Bitcoin Rewards Visa Signature operates within the BlockFi ecosystem, and because of this offers additional rewards and bonuses on top of Bitcoin cash back.
Cardholders enjoy the chance to earn crypto interest on the cash back (in BTC) rewards with every purchase through their BlockFi account, for instance. Additionally, members enjoy a 2% APY bonus in bitcoin on their stablecoin holdings, a trading bonus of 0.25% back in Bitcoin for eligible trades on BlockFi (up to a max of $500 BTC each month), and a $30 referral bonus for signing up friends, family, or whoever for BlockFi’s service.
Other Card Features
Other features of note with a quick pre-approval process the BlockFi Bitcoin Rewards Visa Signature include:
- A quick pre-approval process that lets you know if you qualify for the card without any impact to your credit score.
- No foreign transaction fees or annual fees
- Visa Signature travel features, including:
- Travel and Emergency Assistance Services: 24/7 assistance for Signature cardholders anywhere in the world.
- Visa Signature Concierge: Customized customer service to help cardholders make reservations, buy tickets, and receive advice.
- Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection: Signature cardholders get exclusive access and guest privileges at over 900 luxury hotels worldwide.
- Roadside Dispatch
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
BlockFi is currently available in all U.S. states.
BlockFi Visa Card Ratings
How does the BlockFi Rewards Visa stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card:
What is the BlockFi Credit Card like to live with? Before deciding if the card is right for you, here’s what our readers and members think about the card:
Should You Apply for the BlockFi Rewards Visa® Signature Credit Card?
Overall, the BlockFi Bitcoin Rewards Visa Signature Card is an exciting crypto credit card for consumers that prefer Bitcoin to fiat money cash back rewards. The 1.5% back in BTC is a great feature – even more so for those who plan to spend at least $4,000 on their card each month as that rate is bumped up to 2% in BTC. The introductory bonus of 3.5% back is also impressive but comes with the caveat that it only applies to the first $100 in BTC.
The fact that the card doesn’t require a CRO or BTC stake to open is another great feature that sets it aside from other crypto prepaid and debit cards, making it an excellent option for those interested in cryptocurrencies and with a good or excellent credit score, but limited crypto resources in their Bitcoin wallets.