Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 12th, 2022
The Owner's Rewards Card by M1
- Regular Purchase APR 15.74% to 25.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $95 (waived for active M1 Plus customers)
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn up to 10% cash back* with the Owner's Rewards Card by M1. Then, reinvest your rewards for long-term growth
- Shop with select brands you hold in an eligible portfolio to earn 2.5%, 5%, or 10% cash back. Get 1.5% cash back on everything else
- Use M1 automation to easily reinvest your rewards for long-term impact
- Integrate even more of your financial life in one place, while helping you grow and maximize your wealth with everyday transactions
- Visa Signature® benefits including Zero Liability, exclusive experiences, and more
- $95 credit card annual fee waived for active M1 plus members
- Your first year of M1 Plus is free—a $125 value! Get exclusive features and discounts to help you build your wealth
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.74% to 25.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $95 (waived for active M1 Plus customers)
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Owner’s Rewards Card by M1 is a fintech credit card that offers cardmembers the chance to earn up to 10% cash back on purchases with brands including Chewy, Spotify, Netflix, Tesla, and more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Already have an M1 Plus account
- Regularly invest and want a credit card that can build their wealth with everyday transactions
- Shop at several leading brands that can earn them up to 10% cash back when they use the Owner’s Reward Card by M1
The Owner’s Rewards Card by M1 Review
The Owner’s Rewards Card by M1 is a fintech rewards credit card that allows M1 users to earn bonus cash back rewards with companies they own stock in.
M1 Plus Not Required – But Offers Enhanced Features
The M1 Owner’s Rewards Card pairs best with M1 Plus, the fintech’s premium tier. Plus members enjoy access to a higher APY with the M1 Spend* account, a special edition of the M1 Spend Visa® Debit Card (including their choice of five unique metal card designs), and more, including:
- 2% loans through M1 Borrow*. Members receive a 1.5% reduction on the base rate of M1 Borrow*, the firm’s portfolio line of credit.
- Special afternoon trading window if the account has more than $25,000 in the investment portfolio
How to Earn Rewards
The main selling point with the Owner’s Rewards Card is the ability to earn bonus cash back on purchases with companies in which the cardholder already invests. M1 advertises the bonus rates for the card include 10% back, 5% back, or 2.5% cash back with select brands, including major names like Apple, Amazon, Converse, Delta, Target, and more. Purchases with brands “you believe in and invest in with” earn up to 10% cash back. All other purchases with the card earn a baseline 1.5% cash back.
Here is the full breakdown of 10%, 5%, and 2.5% cash back companies:
Earn 10% Back
Cardholders earn 10% cash back on purchases with the following brands:
- Adobe (ADBE)
- AMC Theatres (AMC)
- Dropbox (DBX)
- Lululemon (LULU)
- Netflix (NFLX)
- Peloton (PTON)
- Stitch Fix (SFIX)
- Spotify (SPOT)
- Tesla (TSLA)
- Ulta (ULTA)
- Dollar General (DG)
Earn 5% Back
Cardholders earn 5% cash back on purchases with the following brands:
- American Airlines (AAL)
- Chipotle (CMG)
- Delta (DAL)
- Domino’s Pizza (DPZ)
- Etsy (ETSY)
- Reverb (ETSY)
- FedEx (FDX)
- jetBlue (JBLU)
- Southwest (LUV)
- Converse (NKE)
- Nike (NKE)
- Starbucks (SBUX)
- HomeGoods (TJX)
- HomeSense (TJX)
- Marshalls (TJX)
- Sierra (TJX)
- TJ Maxx (TJX)
- United Airlines (UAL)
- UPS (UPS)
- BP (BP)
- Amco (BP)
- Exxon (XOM)
- Mobil (XOM)
- Chevron (CVX)
- Texaco (CVX)
- McDonalds (MCD)
- WayFair (W)
- GamesStop (GME)
- Chewy (CHWY)
- Burger King (QSR)
- Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken (QSR)
- Tim Hortons (QSR)
- KFC (YUM)
- Pizza Hut (YUM)
- Taco Bell (YUM)
- Purple (PRPL)
Earn 2.5% Back
Cardholders earn 2.5% back on purchases with the following brands:
- Apple (AAPL)
- AirBnb (ABNB)
- Amazon (AMZN)
- Audible (AMZN)
- Twitch (AMZN)
- Whole Foods (AMZN)
- Zappos (AMZN)
- Best Buy (BBY)
- Comcast (CMCSA)
- Caviar (DASH)
- DoorDash (DASH)
- eBay (EBAY)
- The Home Depot (HD)
- Lowe’s (LOW)
- Lyft (LYFT)
- AT&T (T)
- Direct TV (T)
- HBO (T)
- Target (TGT)
- Sprint (TMUS)
- T-Mobile (TMUS)
- PostMates (UBER)
- Uber (UBER)
- Uber Eats (UBER)
- Verizon (VZ)
- Duane Reade (WBA)
- Walgreens (WBA)
- Bonobos (WMT)
- Moose Jaw (WMT)
- Sam’s Club (WMT)
- Walmart (WMT)
- Spectrum (CHTR)
How to Redeem Rewards
With the M1 Owner’s Rewards card, redeeming cash back into an existing M1 Invest or Spend* account is a breeze. Using M1 automation, cardholders can easily reinvest their rewards for continual portfolio growth.
Streamlined Access to M1
One of the highlights of the Owner’s Rewards Card by M1 is the ease of account management. Because the account lives with the existing M1 Invest, Spend*, and Borrow* ecosystem, M1 Credit allows clients to streamline their finances and focus on their investment goals.
Cardholders can invest in the companies they believe in, shop at those companies to earn rewards, and then reinvest their cash back to bolster their portfolio – a win-win-win!
Visa® Signature Benefits
As a Visa® Signature product, the M1 Owner’s Rewards Card offers an elevated level of protection and luxury for cardholders, including:
- Extended Warranty Protection: This program provides holders with an extra year of warranty coverage for eligible U.S. manufacturer goods with a warranty of one year or more.
- Year-end Summary: A detailed summary of your spending to help simplify your budgeting in the new year.
- Travel and Emergency Assistance Services: 24/7 assistance for Signature cardholders anywhere in the world.
- Visa® Signature Concierge: Customized customer service to help cardholders make reservations, buy tickets, and receive advice.
- Visa® Signature Luxury Hotel Collection: Signature cardholders get exclusive access and guest privileges at over 900 luxury hotels worldwide.
- Roadside Dispatch
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Cardholder Inquiry Services
- Zero Fraud Liability
Cardholders also enjoy a sleek metal card design and EMV chip technology. EMV technology adds a layer of security to the card. It allows for pay options with tap-to-pay, Apple Pay, and Google Pay for a contactless shopping experience.
The Owners Rewards Card is available in all 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia.
FAQs About the The Owners Rewards Card
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the The Owners Rewards Card by M1
M1 is a narrow measure of the money supply that includes physical currency, demand deposits, traveler’s checks, and other checkable deposits. M1 does not include financial assets, such as savings accounts and bonds.
The Owner’s Rewards Card by M1 doesn’t pair with the brokerage account of your choice, rather only working with M1. This means you will need an M1 (or M1 Plus) account to use the card.
Owner's Card Visa Ratings
How does the The Owner’s Rewards Card stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card:
What is the M1 Owner’s Rewards Credit Card like to live with? Before deciding if the card is right for you, here’s what our readers and members think about the card:
Should You Apply for The Owner’s Rewards Card by M1?
The card offers quite a lot of oomph for current M1 Invest customers, especially those with an existing M1 Plus membership. The card earns up to 10% back on purchases with an impressive array of retailers, including GameStop, Netflix, Spotify, and Tesla. Even better, the card earns accelerated cash back (5% and 2.5%) on an even longer list of retailers – making it an ideal option for those looking to spend every day and pump those rewards back into their M1 Invest account.
While the $125 Plus annual fee might be off-putting (currently available free for the first year), it does provide access to myriad other benefits, including up to 1% APY on M1 Spend* and a special 2% borrowing rate with M1 Borrow*. Add to that Visa Signature benefits, and you have a fintech and investment rewards credit card that more than holds its own against any competition.
Not available for US territory residents. Owner’s Rewards Card by M1 is Powered by Deserve and issued by Celtic Bank, a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank, Member FDIC.
M1 Spend is a wholly-owned operating subsidiary of M1 Holdings Inc.
M1 Spend checking accounts furnished by Lincoln Savings Bank, Member FDIC. M1 Visa® Debit Card is issued by Lincoln Savings Bank, Member FDIC.
Brokerage products are offered by M1 Finance LLC, Member FINRA/SIPC.
All investing involves risk, including the risk of losing the money you invest, borrowing on margin adds to those risks. Rates may vary.
1.5%-10% credit card cash back rewards earned on eligible purchases subject to a maximum of $200 cash back per calendar month.
For informational purposes only and not a trade recommendation. All product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
M1 Plus is a $125 annual subscription offering products and services from M1 Spend LLC and M1 Finance LLC, both whollyowned, separate but affiliated subsidiaries of M1 Holdings Inc.