Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on July 26th, 2022
Wells Fargo Active Cash Card
Wells Fargo Active Cash Card
- Regular Purchase APR 17.24%, 22.24%, or 27.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 17.24%, 22.24%, or 27.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- 0% APR for 15 months on balance transfers and purchases
- Earn unlimited 2% cash back on all eligible purchases
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.24%, 22.24%, or 27.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.24%, 22.24%, or 27.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Introductory fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater, for 120 days from account opening. After that, up to 5% for each balance transfer, with a minimum of $5
- Cash Advance APR: 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Wells Fargo Active Cash Visa Card offers Wells Fargo customers unlimited 2% back, two generous introductory offers, and various protections – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Don’t like the hassle of bonus reward categories
- Want a lengthy 0% introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and qualifying balance transfers
- Want a card with a $0 annual fee
Wells Fargo Active Cash Card Review
The Wells Fargo Active Cash Card is a versatile cash back credit card that provides unlimited 2% cash back rewards without the annual fee.
How to Earn Rewards
The Active Cash is an unlimited cash back rewards card in the vein of the TD Bank Double Up and the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer. The card earns unlimited 2% cash rewards on all eligible purchases. There are no category limitations or quarterly activations. This versatility makes the card an excellent option since almost all purchases qualify for accelerated rewards (except for gift cards, prepaid cards, cash advances, balance transfers, or gambling).
Introductory Cash Back Bonus
The Active Cash Card also comes with a lucrative sign-up bonus. New accounts can earn a $200 cash rewards bonus after making $1,000 in purchases in the first three months of opening an account. This bonus is essentially 20% cash back, which is an easy-to-achieve bonus that provides substantial value.
However, keep in mind that the $200 sign-up bonus may not apply to those who have opened a Wells Fargo credit card account within the last 15 months. This wrinkle applies to anyone that either received a bonus rewards offer or an introductory APR offer – even if the account is currently closed.
How to Redeem Cash Back
Redeeming cash back with the Wells Fargo Active Cash is straightforward. Cash back redemptions take one of four forms:
- Cover Purchases: Cardholders can use rewards to cover recent eligible purchases made with the Active Cash Card, with redemptions as low as $1.
- Statement Credits: Cardholders can use rewards to offset charges on Wells Fargo statements, including mortgages, loans, or other Wells Fargo credit cards.
- Cash at ATMs: Cash back is redeemable in increments of $20 at ATMs when using Wells Fargo debit or ATM cards.
- Gift Cards: You can’t earn rewards on gift cards, but you can redeem rewards for them. Wells Fargo offers a huge array of gift cards from which to select.
Wells Fargo cash back and Go Far rewards don’t expire if the card account is open and active.
Introductory APR Offer
The Active Cash Card also features a 0% intro APR offer. New accounts enjoy 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers (subject to credit approval). Like the cash back bonus, this sign-up bonus may not apply to those who have opened a Wells Fargo credit card account within the last 15 months.
The balance transfer introductory offer also features a special introductory balance transfer fee. New accounts enjoy a BT fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater, for 120 days from account opening. This 15 months of no interest on purchases easily surpasses the 12 months with the Citi Simplicity® Card and Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card, but lags behind the 21 months of 0% APR on transfers both cards provide.
Competitive APR After That
Once the introductory APR ends, the Active Cash features a competitive APR on purchases and balance transfers. Starting at around 15%, that rate is comparable with other leading cash back cards – and about three percentage points lower than the national average.
Comparing the Leading Cash back Credit Cards
Here’s how the Active Cash compares to some of its biggest competitors:
|Citi Custom Cash||Chase Freedom Flex||Wells Fargo Active Cash|
|Earn 5% on purchases on your highest eligible spend category each billing cycle up to $500 spent, plus 1% back on all other purchases||Earn 5% on up to $1,500 on combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate plus travel through Ultimate Rewards, 3% back on dining and drugstores, and 1% of all other purchases||Earn unlimited 2% back on all purchases|
|0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months||0% intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers||0% intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers|
|No annual fee||No annual fee||No annual fee|
Other Active Cash Card Features
Other notable features with the Wells Fargo Active Cash Card include:
- Get up to $600 of cell phone protection against damage or theft when paying the monthly cell phone bill with the Active Cash Card.
- Visa Zero Fraud Liability protection
- Wells Fargo Control tower access via the mobile app
- Contactless payment and EMV chip technology
- Voice Verification and 2-step Verification at sign-on
- 3% foreign transaction fee
Should You Apply for the Wells Fargo Active Cash Card?
The is an exciting cash back card that offers great everyday value. The 2% cash rewards on purchases is unlimited, meaning there are no confusing quarterly categories or bonus categories. The introductory bonuses are also lucrative, providing real value for consumers not worried by airline miles, hotel points, or other perks.
The cash back marketplace is becoming increasingly congested thanks to new offers from major players like TD Bank. Fortunately, the Wells Fargo Active Cash stands up to the competition – though not providing anything new in the field.
Ultimately, the Active Cash Visa is a great option for current Wells Fargo customers to consider. Newcomers to the bank will also find great value, but nothing that can’t be found elsewhere. The card is a direct competitor to other similar products, including Chase’s impressive Chase Slate Edge Visa.
The information related to Citi Custom Cash Card, Citi Simplicity Card, Citi Diamond Preferred Card, and Citi Double Cash Card has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.