Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 11th, 2022
- Regular Purchase APR 28.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 28.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network N/A
- 5% back in Rewards at Wayfair
- 3% back at grocery stores
- 2% back on online purchase outside of Wayfair brands
- No interest financing if paid in full up to 24 months on qualifying orders
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 28.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 28.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the U.S. Dollar amount of each purchase
At a Glance
The Wayfair Mastercard® provides design-inspired up to 5% cash back on purchases with all five Wayfair family websites, special 0% APR financing on eligible purchases, and more – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are planning a renovation or interior design project
- Want a rewards card where rewards apply to one brand
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Wayfair Mastercard® Review
Earn 5% Cash Back at Wayfair Brands
The main selling point with the Wayfair Mastercard® is one of two special offers with the industry-leading home furnishings brand. Cardholders can opt to earn 5% back on purchases with Wayfair websites or select special no interest financing for up to 24 months.
The 5% back on purchases option is an excellent offer that compares favorably with many other open-loop retail cards. Plus, with the premium costs associated with some interior designs and home décor products, 5% back can be a real blessing for cardholders with tight budgets. Eligible 5% back brands include:
Before opting for special financing, keep in mind that 0% APR only applies if the balance is paid, in full, before the end of the two years of special finance. Interest at the designated APR will be charged from the purchase date if you do not pay the full before the end of your special financing.
Earn Cash Back Online and on Groceries
The Wayfair savings with the Wayfair Mastercard® are the same as the closed-loop Wayfair Store Credit Card, whereas the open-loop Mastercard differs in the savings it provides outside of Wayfair’s online sites.
Cardholders earn 3% cash back at grocery stores and 2% back on online purchases not made at Wayfair-brand sites, plus 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases made with the card. The 3% back on groceries category is an excellent perk, but the 2% back online offers exceptional value for money – especially for a retail credit card utilizing the Mastercard network.
The Wayfair Citi card essentially operates as a 2% back card, similar to Citi’s Double Cash or TD Bank’s Double Up Cards when used online – and given the popularity of options like PayPal or other services, the sky is the limit for online shopping options!
Introductory Bonus Options
New Wayfair credit card accounts enjoy $40 off their first order of $250 or more. Please note that this offer cannot be combined with any other financing offer or Wayfair discounts. Additional exclusions apply for select manufacturers, gift cards, and other purchases made with a Wayfair Professional profile.
How to Redeem Rewards with the Wayfair Mastercard®
Redeeming cash back rewards with the Wayfair Mastercard® is reasonably easy. Cash back takes the form of rewards points, with 1% cash back + one point. Cardholders can redeem their rewards towards qualifying purchases at Wayfair family sites.
Cardholders can redeem points at a rate of 200 points for $6 in goods. Rewards members also have a limit of $2,500 in Reward Dollars each month. Points never expire as long as the account is active, open, and in good standing.
Special Ongoing Financing Plans
The Wayfair Mastercard®, like other retail cards in the Citi/Wayfair family, comes with special financing plans on eligible purchases. This financing option is known as “no interest financing if paid in full” and applies for up to 24 months:
- 6-month financing (orders over $99)
- 12-month financing (orders over $499)
- 18-month financing (orders over $1499)
- 24-month financing (orders over $2999)
Other Card Features
Other notable features with the Wayfair Mastercard include:
- Mastercard Zero Fraud Liability: Cardholders pay nothing if their card is subject to unauthorized use or theft.
- Mastercard Global Service: Emergency assistance nearly anywhere in the world, 24/7.
- ID Theft Protection: Complimentary credit report monitoring that alerts cardholders to any changes or fraud concerns.
Should You Apply for the Wayfair Mastercard® Credit Card?
The Wayfair family of Citi credit cards offer exceptional value for money – and the Wayfair Mastercard is no different.
The card offers 5% cash back and the choice of special financing with the Wayfair family of online brands – including names like All Modern, Wayfair, Birch Lane, and Joss & Main. However, the card takes things further and provides an equally impressive 3% cash back on groceries, 2% back on online purchases – and 1% cash back on all online purchases outside of Wayfair.
The information related to Wayfair Mastercard® has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.