Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
VOILÀ Hotel Rewards Visa Signature®
Earn 20,000 Bonus Points After Spending $1,000 in the First 90 Days
- Regular Purchase APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- 5X points at participating VOILÀ Hotels
- 1X points on all other purchases
- 50% additional points with VOILÀ stays after spending $10,000 in a purchasing year
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of each transaction in U.S.dollars; 2% of each transaction in foreign currencies
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ – Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 – See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry – Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 – See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels – Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 – See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite – Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 – See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
The VOILÀ Hotel Rewards Visa Signature® Card from Commerce Bank rewards boutique hotel aficionados with 5X points per $1 on eligible purchases and the prospects of an extra 50% more points after meeting a minimum spending requirement in the purchasing year.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Prefer to stay with boutique and smaller hotel chains on their travels
- Spend more than $10,000 per year with VOILÀ Hotels
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee on a credit card
VOILÀ Hotel Rewards Visa Signature® Card Review
The VOILÀ Hotel Rewards Visa Signature® Card is a no-annual-fee hotel rewards card that offers significant value for a niche audience. The card, from Commerce Bank, rewards members of the VOILÀ Rewards loyalty program on stays with independent hotels worldwide – all for no annual fee.
VOILÀ isn’t as famous a name in hospitality as Marriott or Hyatt. That doesn’t mean, however, that VOILÀ lacks its own level of luxury and excellent service. VOILÀ currently offers the most extensive loyalty program for independent hotels. The VOILÀ portfolio encompasses over 800 properties in 80 countries around the globe. No matter where you’re planning to stay, there’s likely a VOILÀ affiliate property nearby. While there aren’t any big names within the VOILÀ program, there are hundreds of smaller, boutique brands and individual-owned properties. This includes the L.E. Hotels Rewards Program, which features Luxe Hotels. That program earns additional points with the LUXE Hotels Rewards Visa Signature® – also from Commerce Bank.
How to Earn Rewards
Like the LUXE Hotels Rewards Visa Card, the VOILÀ Hotel Rewards Visa Signature® earns 5X points per $1 spent on eligible stays. The card earns those 5X points on visits with participating VOILÀ Hotels. Every other purchase with the card earns 1X points. In addition, VOILÀ points never expire.
Earn Additional Points Through VOILÀ Membership Tiers
Since VOILÀ Rewards is a loyalty program, VOILÀ Hotel Rewards cardholders can increase their points-per-dollar tally with higher membership tiers. Silver is the base level of membership, earning ten points per dollar spent on VOILÀ stays. Since the card earns 5X points, that means members can earn up to 15X points on eligible stays. That earning rate increases to 17X points for Gold – the next tier up – members. This total breaks down as 5X points for the card, plus 12X as a Gold member. Reaching Gold status requires ten eligible stays in a one-year period. Platinum is the highest tier and earns the most points. Platinum members receive up to 20X points per eligible stay (15X for the stay and 5X through the Visa Card). Achieving platinum status requires 20 eligible nights at VOILÀ properties over 12 months.
50% Bonus on VOILÀ Stays
VOILÀ Hotels Rewards Visa Signature® Cardholders also benefit from a potential 50% increase in points. After spending $10,000 on the card in any purchasing year, cardholders get an extra 50% points on eligible VOILÀ stays.
20,000 Bonus Points Introductory Offer
The VOILÀ Hotels Rewards Visa Signature® also comes with the same signup bonus as the LUXE Card. New accounts earn 20,000 bonus points after meeting minimum spending requirements in the first 90 days. That spending goal is $1,000, which is very achievable. That 20,000-point bonus is the equivalent to what a Silver member can earn with $1,300 spent at eligible properties. Additionally, spending the $1,000 needed to reach the bonus on VOILÀ stays earns upwards of 15,000 bonus points. This places the potential haul with the signup bonus at 35,000 points.
How to Redeem Rewards
Rewards points apply to the VOILÀ Rewards program. The program offers limited redemption options but does provide value for members. The most popular redemption method is staying with VOILÀ brands. Free nights start as low as 12,000 points, though there are restrictions with award nights. To redeem a free night, a VOILÀ Rewards member must have one eligible stay at a participating property within two years. This means that even though the 20,000-point signup bonus is enough for a free night, it isn’t redeemable right away. Points are also redeemable for gift cards with select partners. These partners include airlines like Virgin, American Airlines, and Ethiopian Airlines, plus major retailers. Redemptions for gift cards start as low as 1,000 points, though members will find better value through stays.
A Competitive APR
Since the VOILÀ Hotel Rewards Visa Signature® is a credit card, how well does it perform with regards to rates and fees? As a daily card, it’s acceptable but not exceptional. The regular APR is comparable to other no-annual-fee hotel cards. Those with excellent credit scores can expect interest rates in the 16% to 17% range. Those with lower credit scores, however, can anticipate a rate rising into the mid-20s. There’s also no introductory rate period on balance transfers or purchases. Fortunately, 0% intro APR is uncommon with hotel credit cards, so applicants won’t miss out on much. And, while the card features no annual fee, it also charges a foreign transaction fee of up to 2%. This fee is lower than the 3% found in most credit cards, but it’s also more than zero – harming its usefulness abroad. Several other hotel cards charge no foreign transaction fees – most notably the IHG Rewards Club Traveler and the Marriott Bonvoy Bold.
Should You Apply for the VOILÀ Hotel Rewards Visa Signature® Card?
The VOILÀ Hotel Rewards Visa Signature® Card is a quality option for those who prefer to stay at independent and boutique hotels. While the VOILÀ lacks properties in the sheer numbers of Hilton or Hyatt, it makes up for it in diversity and charm. That’s not to say the VOILÀ portfolio is limited, however. There are more than 800 hotels worldwide – in over 80 countries. The card rewards VOILÀ Rewards members with an extra 5X points on eligible stays. Even with the base level of membership, that points-earning rate increases to 15X points per stay. And, since free nights start as low as 12,000 points, that’s an impressive tally. That tally is bolstered by the chance of attaining 20,000 bonus points for meeting a very modest spending target. While awards require an eligible stay before redeeming, that’s not a big ask for VOILÀ enthusiasts. Overall, the VOILÀ Hotel Rewards Visa Signature® Card won’t offer the brand-specific perks that come from cards like the World of Hyatt Card credit card. It shouldn’t, however. Not only is the VOILÀ Hotel Rewards Visa Signature® Card a no-annual-fee card, but it caters to a niche audience. And it’s that audience that will benefit most from this quality offering from Commerce Bank.