LUXE Hotels Rewards Visa Signature®
Earn 20,000 Bonus Points After Spending $1,000 in the First 90 Days
- Regular Purchase APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- 5X points with Luxe Hotel Stays
- 1X points on all other purchases
- 50% additional points with Luxe stays after spending $10,000 in a purchasing year
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.24% to 25.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of each transaction in U.S.dollars; 2% of each transaction in foreign currencies
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ – Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 – See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry – Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 – See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels – Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 – See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in Brooklyn – Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 – See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in New York – Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 – See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in West Hollywood – Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 – See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
The LUXE Hotels Rewards Visa Signature® Card allows VOILÀ Hotel enthusiasts to earn ample points with every purchase. The card, from Commerce Bank, earns big points with LUXE boutique hotels but offers limited value elsewhere.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Prefer to stay with boutique and smaller hotel chains when traveling
- Often stay in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles – whether for business or pleasure
- Spend more than $10,000 per year with VOILÀ Hotels
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee on a credit card
LUXE Hotels Rewards Visa Signature® Card Review
The LUXE Hotels Rewards Visa Signature® Card is a hotel rewards card from Commerce Bank. The card earns extra points on stays with boutique Los Angeles-based LUXE Hotels and its hotels worldwide. LUXE currently operates five boutique hotels, with the majority in the Greater Los Angeles area. These properties are the LUXE:
- Rodeo Drive Hotel
- Sunset Boulevard Hotel
- City Center Hotel
- Rose Garden Hotel (Rome, Italy)
- Life Hotel (New York, New York)
Earn Five Points on Eligible LUXE Hotel Stays
Since the LUXE Hotels Rewards Visa Signature® Card centers on it, it makes sense that the card earns extra points on purchases with the LUXE brand. Cardholders earn 5X points on eligible stays with LUXE Hotels. This 5X rate is in addition to the VOILÀ points they earn for eligible stays. Since the card also earns VOILÀ rewards, this is a potential points value of up to 6X for eligible LUXE stays. The caveat here, however, is eligible. Only LUXE Hotels that partner with the VOILÀ Rewards Program earn the 5X points. Currently, only the Sunset Boulevard and Rodeo Drive properties partner with the program. This means every other stay with LUXE Hotels earns a single point per dollar. That 1X points rate is what every non-LUXE purchase earns with the card.
50% Bonus on VOILÀ Stays
LUXE Hotels Rewards Visa Signature® Cardholders also benefit from a potential 50% increase in points. After spending $10,000 on the card in any purchasing year, cardholders get an extra 50% points on eligible VOILÀ stays.
A Decent Signup Bonus
As with other hotel rewards cards, the LUXE Hotels Rewards Visa Signature® comes with an introductory bonus. New cardholders earn 20,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days. This bonus points haul is a $200 value that applies towards future LUXE Hotel stays. The prospect of a free night sounds enticing – especially given the prime LA real estate these hotels take up. Unfortunately, the free night at a LUXE Hotel comes with a stipulation. To be eligible for the free stay, an account holder must have an eligible VOILÀ stay in the last 24 months. Since the card is designed for those who frequent LUXE and VOILÀ hotels, that likely won’t be an issue. For those who want a basic card they can store away for occasional use, however, it may prompt more consideration.
How to Redeem Rewards
Rewards points with the LUXE Hotels Rewards Visa Signature® Card apply towards the VOILÀ Rewards program. Points earned never expire. The most popular method of redeeming points is towards stays with VOILÀ brands. There are over 800 participating hotels worldwide, covering the Americas, Africa, Australasia, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Redeeming for free nights offers the best value, though it likely won’t compete with the rates found with the Chase Ultimate Rewards, World of Hyatt or American Express rewards programs. Points are also redeemable for gift cards with select partners. These partners include airlines like Virgin, American Airlines, and Ethiopian Airlines, plus major retailers.
No Annual Fee – But Little Else
The LUXE Hotels Rewards Visa Signature® Card may charge no annual fee, but there isn’t much else to consider remarkable. The APR with the card is competitive, but not exceptional. Those with the best credit scores can expect interest rates that fall within the range of other comparable cards. There is also no 0% introductory APR period on either balance transfers or purchases. Sure, these aren’t deal-breakers. After all, the no annual fee and decent APR are enough of a reason to get the card for occasional use. In addition, the card has a foreign transaction fee of up to 2%. While this is less than the 3% found with many other cards, it still limits the usefulness of the card abroad, especially a hotel credit card with properties in other countries.
Should You Apply for the LUXE Hotels Rewards Visa Signature® Card?
The LUXE Hotels Rewards Visa Signature® Card has more limited appeal than its sister card, the VOILÀ Hotel Rewards Visa Signature®. While both cards earn rewards towards the same VOILÀ Rewards Program, the LUXE Card offers the most value to those who prefer to stay at LUXE-branded hotels. Currently, the Los Angeles area is the only location for these hotels. And, while there are four properties within the LUXE portfolio, only two are part of VOILÀ Rewards. Those hotels are the LUXE Sunset Boulevard and the LUXE Rodeo Drive. These hotels both offer sumptuous beds and impressive service, but the reach of the card is still limited. What’s more, those likely to stay at these prestigious properties probably already have prestigious credit cards to match.
The Platinum Card from American Express, for example, already provides 5X points on travel bookings, further reducing the appeal of the LUXE Card. And, while the 50% additional savings is significant, that only applies after making $10,000 in purchases during that year. Overall, the LUXE Hotels Rewards Visa Signature® Card only offers value to LUXE Hotel brand loyalists. The points earning with that brand is impressive, but not more so than with other cards, like the Platinum Card. The free nights are worth it for LUXE aficionados, but the requirement of at least one LUXE stay in the previous 24 months before booking award stays is likely to deter many potential applicants. For those looking for a bit more value, the VOILÀ Hotel Rewards Visa Signature® may be a better option.