Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
UNIFY Engage Rewards Visa® Signature Credit Card
Get 5,000 Bonus Points
- No annual fee
- Get 5,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 within the first 90 days of opening an account
- Earn 1 point for every dollar you spend, no matter the purchase
- Redeem your points for travel, cash back, gift cards, and more
- Regular Purchase APR: 10.99% to 17.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 10.99% to 17.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite - Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 - See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The UNIFY Visa® Engage Rewards Credit Card is UNIFY Financial Credit Union’s signature rewards card. It offers cardholders various perks like no annual fees, no foreign transaction fees, and no fees on cash advances and balance transfers. Cardholders also earn points on eligible purchases, which they can redeem for a large selection of rewards. Additionally, new cardholders are eligible to earn 5,000 bonus points after being approved.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to avoid paying fees for using their credit cards for a variety of transactions
- Are looking to earn points for every purchase they make
- Prefer dealing with a credit union versus a large bank
- Want to earn bonus rewards points from the start
UNIFY Visa® Engage Rewards Credit Card Review
The UNIFY rewards Visa® card is a great option for people who prefer to bank with a credit union while also taking advantage of a dynamic rewards program. Cardholders pay no annual fee and no fees for various other transactions, like balance transfers and cash advances. These features set the UNIFY Engage Rewards card apart from many of its competitors.
No Fees Means More Money in Your Wallet
The UNIFY rewards card never charges cardholders an annual fee. While this feature is attractive on its own, potential cardholders will be glad to know that UNIFY also scraps any fees when it comes to transferring balances onto its Visa® rewards card or taking out cash advances. No fees for cash advances is rare among large credit card issuers, much less with smaller credit unions. Additionally, cardholders don’t have to worry about racking up transaction fees when they use their cards abroad, as UNIFY charges no foreign transaction fees.
Earn Rewards Points on Every Purchase
UNIFY rewards cardholders can earn points on almost every purchase that they make. It’s easy to keep track of how much points a cardholder earns with each purchase, as cardholders earn one point for each dollar spent. Checking a monthly credit card statement is a good indication of how many points a cardholder has earned. Cardholders can redeem their points for merchandise, gift cards, events, travel, and cash back.
As an example, a cash back reward of $25 is worth 3,000 points, which gives each point a value of $0.0083. However, cardholders can earn a $100 cash back reward for only 100,000 points, meaning that the more points a cardholder has the more valuable they become.
Cardholders can earn even more points when they use their Visa® rewards card at Ampre Online. This virtual mall features a vast catalogue of popular retailers selling everything from electronics to sporting goods. UNIFY rewards cardholders can rack up to 10 times the points on purchases made through this site, depending on the retailer and whatever promotion Ampre Online is offering at the time.
One drawback to this rewards program is that points do expire after 5 years. Without proper planning, this can limit the opportunities cardholders have to rack up large point balances and cash them in for even bigger rewards. Cardholders who use this Visa® as their primary payment method may benefit the most from its rewards program.
5,000 Bonus Points Right from the Start
New UNIFY Visa® Engage Rewards cardholders can earn 5,000 bonus points right after getting approved for a new card if they spend $2,000. All purchases must be made within the first 90 days of opening an account.
How Much Credit Do You Get?
UNIFY Financial Credit Union offers several different Visa® credit cards, and one of the ways that it distinguishes between its credit card options is through the credit limits that each one offers. The Engage Rewards card offers one of the highest credit limits of UNIFY’s cards at $50,000. Keep in mind that this number only reflects the maximum credit limit allowed on this card. Applicants may be approved for a lower credit limit once approved.
Out of all the credit cards that UNIFY offers, the Engage Rewards card is the only one that includes a personal identity theft protection feature. Additionally, cardholders can take advantage of an overdraft protection feature and an optional debt protection feature. The UNIFY rewards card also includes many Visa® benefits. These include an auto rental collision damage waiver, which serves as extra protection when you rent a car. For travelers, Visa® also offers travel accident insurance and emergency services in case something goes wrong during your trip.
Should You Apply for the UNIFY Visa® Engage Rewards Credit Card?
The UNIFY Engage card is an ideal credit card if you require (and qualify for) a higher credit limit. UNIFY does offer another credit card with the same maximum credit limit. However, the Engage card is the only UNIFY credit card that offers any sort of rewards program.
This credit card’s points system is standard at 1 point for every dollar spent. However, there are opportunities to accumulate even more points on your purchases by shopping on Ampre Online. Additionally, UNIFY offers a 5,000 points bonus when you spend $2,000 within the first 3 months of opening an account.
The most attractive feature of this card is its lack of fees. There are no annual fees, balance transfer fees, cash advance fees, or foreign transaction fees. However, this lack of fees is standard in all of UNIFY’s cards. Another drawback to this card is that there are no introductory APR offers and the APR on this card is higher than some of the other cards that UNIFY offers. Again, this is an ideal card if you require a higher credit limit and want to earn points on your purchases.