Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
UNIFY Fixed-Rate Visa® Platinum Credit Card
No Annual Fee and a Low Introductory APR
- No annual fee
- Low Introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers
- No fees on balance transfers and cash advances
- No foreign transaction fees
- Intro Purchase APR: 5.49% to 13.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 9.49% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 5.49% to 13.99% for 6 months from account opening date
- Cash Advance APR: 9.49% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite - Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 - See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The UNIFY Fixed-Rate Visa® Platinum card is UNIFY Financial Credit Union’s most elite fixed-rate card, after its rewards card. It offers a high maximum credit limit and no annual fees. Cardholders also enjoy no fees on cash advances and foreign transactions. Furthermore, cardholders can take advantage of introductory interest rates on purchases and cash advances.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a card with no annual fee
- Need a high credit limit
- Want to take advantage of low introductory APRs for purchases and balance transfers
- Don’t want to pay fees for foreign transactions or cash advances
UNIFY Fixed-Rate Visa® Platinum Credit Card Review
The UNIFY Fixed-Rate Visa® Platinum card offers cardholders a variety of benefits and value. For starters, cardholders will be working with a smaller credit union, which offers a more personal touch to customer service. Additionally, UNIFY does away with many fees that are common in many other credit cards. To sweeten the deal, this credit union’s fixed-rate cards include a low introductory APR. Keep reading to learn more.
No Fees Means More Money in Your Pocket
The UNIFY fixed-rate platinum card has no annual fee. This is a standard feature of all UNIFY’s credit cards. Moreover, cardholders never have to pay fees for cash advances or balance transfers. Frequent international travelers can also shop ‘til they drop when traveling abroad, as UNIFY doesn’t charge any foreign transaction fees. With this credit union’s Platinum Visa®, you can keep more money in your pocket.
Low Introductory APR
On top of this fixed-rate credit card’s enticing regular interest rates, UNIFY offers new cardholders a reduced introductory APR on cash advances and purchases. On average, this introductory rate is about four percentage points lower than normal rate.
New cardholders can take advantage of this special rate on any purchases for the first six months after they open their account. Once that sixth month period is over, UNIFY will apply its regular interest rate to any purchases the cardholder makes.
In addition to that, cardholders can enjoy that same low introductory rate on balance transfers for 12 months from the date that the transfer was made. Cardholders have 12 months to pay off that balance transfer before it accrues the regular APR.
The Platinum Visa® and the Engage Rewards Visa® are the two cards with the highest maximum credit limits that UNIFY Financial Credit Union offers. A cardholder can have up to $50,000 in credit with either of these cards. However, the Platinum card does not offer any rewards.
Keep in mind that the figure stated above reflects the maximum credit an applicant can be extended. It is not a guaranteed credit limit for any cardholder, and an applicant can receive a lower credit limit. UNIFY will assess an applicant’s creditworthiness before making a credit limit determination. The only way you will know what your credit limit will be is if you apply.
Additional Cardholder Perks
The fixed-rate Platinum Visa® from UNIFY Financial Credit Union offers many of the same additional perks that the gold card provides. For example, cardholders can opt to participate in an overdraft protection program if they have a checking account with UNIFY. By participating in this program, UNIFY will automatically transfer funds from a cardholder’s credit account to his or her checking account if the checking account is overdrawn.
It’s important to note that this overdraft protection feature functions like a cash advance. While there is no fee for a cash advance, any cash advances will accrue interest.
Cardholders also have access to a variety of Visa® benefits, like warranty extensions through the warranty manager service. On top of having no foreign transaction fees, this credit card also offers travel services like accident insurance and emergency assistance through a 24-hour dedicated hotline. If a traveler ever experiences an emergency while abroad, he or she can simply contact Visa® to receive legal and medical referrals and send emergency messages to contacts back home.
On a similar note, cardholders can also take advantage of the Visa® auto rental collision damage waiver when reserving a rental vehicle. This feature serves as extra protection just for being a Visa® cardholder.
Should You Apply for the UNIFY Fixed-Rate Visa® Platinum Credit Card?
Besides its high maximum credit limit, there is little that distinguishes the UNIFY Fixed-Rate Platinum card from the gold card. Both cards offer the same perks, including no annual fees, no foreign transaction fees, and no fees on cash advances. This lack of fees is perhaps the most attractive feature of all UNIFY’s credit card options.
The additional perks of this card are nice to have but common in many Visa® credit cards from other issuers. The overdraft protection feature may sound appealing, but it is improbably that a cardholder who qualifies for the platinum card will have an overdrawn bank account. Chances are that you may not ever use this feature if you qualify for the UNIFY Visa® Platinum.
The most comparable credit card in UNIFY’s collection is the Engage Rewards card. It offers the same maximum credit limit and many of the same perks. If you want to earn rewards points on your purchases, this may be a better choice for you. The rewards card is also the only UNIFY credit card that offers an identity theft protection feature.
The one advantage that the platinum card has over the rewards card, however, is the low introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers. The rewards card just features a regular interest rate on all transactions from the date of opening the account. In short, the platinum Visa® is the ideal choice for you if want to take advantage of a low introductory APR and don’t really need to earn rewards points.