UNIFY Variable-Rate Visa® Platinum Credit Card
Enjoy No Annual Fees and Low Variable Interest Rates
- No annual fee
- Low Variable APR
- No fees on cash advances and balance transfers
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 8.99% to 17.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 8.99% to 17.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Spoil your pup with a FREE upgrade to BarkBox. - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on all Afternoon Tea orders - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on The Berlin Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The UNIFY Variable-Rate Visa® Platinum Credit Card offers cardholders a high maximum credit limit on top of various other benefits that take the headaches out of using your credit card. Cardholders never have to pay annual fees for using their Platinum cards, and there are no fees for cash advances, balance transfers, and foreign transactions. Additionally, UNIFY credit union offers cardholders a low variable APR, which can prevent you from racking up too much interest on those large purchases. Keep reading to learn more about this card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a credit card with a high credit limit
- Don’t want to pay annual fees for using their credit card
- Don’t want to pay fees on balance transfers, foreign transactions, and cash advances
- Prefer a lower interest rate that fluctuates rather than a higher interest rate that stays the same
UNIFY Variable-Rate Visa® Platinum Credit Card Review
The UNIFY variable-rate platinum card is an ideal option for people who need or want a high credit limit with a low interest rate. As with all UNIFY’s credit cards, cardholders benefit from no annual fees in addition to no fees for various transactions, like cash advances and foreign transactions. Moreover, Platinum cardholders have access to many Visa® benefits, like travel assistance and warranty manager service.
A Low APR
One of the benefits of having a UNIFY variable-rate Platinum card is having a lower interest rate. Compared to this credit union’s fixed-rate Platinum Credit Card, cardholders generally pay around 2 percentage points less on their balances. These savings are particularly valuable on credit cards with high credit limits, like the platinum card. While applicants can look forward to a lower APR, they should keep in mind that the interest rate will change regularly. This is a typical feature of variable-rate credit cards.
Once approved, your interest rate will fluctuate, depending on the market and the Prime Rate. UNIFY isn’t legally obligated to notify you of these changes, so you will need to pay attention to what’s going on with the economy to have an idea of what you will end up paying in interest at any given time. You can always call UNIFY to get a clear picture of what your current interest rate is, but you may want to consider a fixed-rate card if the idea of an ever-changing APR makes you anxious.
Credit to Buy the Things You Need
The Platinum Card offers the highest credit limit of UNIFY’s variable-rate credit cards. You can be approved for as much as $50,000 in credit, which is around $35,000 more than with the Visa Gold card. This is great for people who need to make large purchases that they will pay off over time. Take note, however, that this number reflects the maximum amount of credit UNIFY will extend to an applicant. It’s not a guarantee of how much credit you will have on your card. You may be approved for a lower credit limit, depending on your creditworthiness. The only way you will know your credit limit for certain is by applying for a card.
No Fees Make It Almost Free
UNIFY wants you to use your credit card. That’s why it has gotten rid of a lot of fees that are commonplace with many other credit card issuers. There is no annual fee to use your variable-rate platinum card. Additionally, you don’t have to worry about being charged a fee for taking out a cash advance or transfer a balance from another credit card to your platinum card. If you love exploring the world, you will love the fact that foreign transaction fees are nonexistent with your UNIFY credit card. Coupled with its high credit limit, you can definitely use your Visa Platinum card to buy that rare artifact and ship it home on your next vacation.
Additional Cardholder Perks
There are some extra benefits that Visa Platinum cardholders can take advantage of besides no fees and a low interest rate. UNIFY offers an overdraft protection feature in which it transfers funds from your credit card to your checking account if you are overdrawn. This feature only applies to UNIFY checking accounts, and you should keep in mind that it is essentially a cash advance. While there are no fees on cash advances, they do accrue interest.
On top of having no foreign transaction fees, frequent travelers will also love Visa’s travel services. These include travel emergency assistance through a 24/7 toll-free hotline with dedicated agents that can refer you to medical and legal help if you are in trouble and away from home. Additionally, cardholders can take advantage of Visa’s travel accident insurance and collision damage waivers on rental vehicles. Furthermore, cardholders are eligible to extend their warranties on certain purchases through Visa’s warranty manager service. All these features are available to cardholders just for being a Visa cardmember.
Should You Apply for the UNIFY Variable-Rate Visa® Platinum Credit Card?
The UNIFY Variable-Rate Platinum card is a great card for people who need a high credit limit with a low APR and don’t mind that the interest rates will vary from time to time. The fact that this card has no annual fee and no fees on cash advances, balance transfers, and foreign transactions sweetens the deal. This card is comparable to the Engage Rewards Visa card from UNIFY. In fact, the maximum APRs are almost identical. So, if you don’t have the best credit, you actually may end up getting approved for a not-so-low APR on this card. There is also the fact that your interest rate will undoubtedly fluctuate with market changes.
There are a couple of other key features of the rewards card that set it just a little bit above the Variable-Rate Platinum card. As the name implies, the rewards card gives cardholders the opportunity to earn points on their purchases, and it is the only rewards card that UNIFY offers. Furthermore, the rewards card is the only UNIFY credit card that features personal identity theft protection. Overall, the Variable-Rate Platinum Visa is a great card to have on hand. However, if you are looking for specific value-added benefits, like points, protections, or even introductory APR promotions, you might want to consider one of UNIFY’s other credit cards.