Last updated on February 24th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
TD First Class℠ Visa Signature® Credit Card
TD First Class℠ Visa Signature® Credit Card
- 18.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 18.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 30.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The TD First Class? Visa Signature® Credit Card is one of the top travel cards that TD Bank has to offer thanks to some particularly enticing benefits: 3X First Class miles on travel and dining purchases, and the ability to earn an intro bonus of 25,000 miles in only 90 days.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- 3X First Class miles on travel and dining purchases, including flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises and dining
- 1X First Class miles on all other purchases – miles never expire as long as your account is open and in good standing
- Earn 25,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 within the first 6 billing cycles
- Redeem your miles for travel, cash, entertainment and more
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 30.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $0 the first year. After that, $89
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You travel often for work or leisure and want to earn 3% First Class miles on flights, hotels, vehicle rentals, and dining
- You will be spending $3,000 in the next 90 days to qualify you for a 25,000-mile bonus
- You do not want to pay an annual fee your first year or foreign transaction fees ever
TD First Class℠ Visa Signature® Credit Card Review
The TD First Class℠ Visa Signature® Credit Card is a versatile travel rewards card from TD Bank. The card, which features an $89 annual fee that TD Bank waives for the first year, earns up to triple miles on purchases and features an intriguing sign-up bonus.
How to Earn Miles
Globetrotters will get lots of value out of the benefits available through the TD First Class℠ Visa Signature® Credit Card. Not only do cardholders earn 3X First Class miles when using the card at restaurants, but they’ll also earn as many miles on flights, hotels, and vehicle rentals paying for with it. Cardmembers also get 1X First Class miles on all of their purchases everywhere else Visa is accepted.
So long as the cardholder’s account is open and in good standing, all of these miles earned never expire either, unlike the stale pretzels you forgot in your carry-on from your last trip.
25,000 Bonus Miles
New accounts also receive a whopping 25,000 bonus miles for spending $3,000 within the first three months of opening the account. Given that TD First Class miles have an approximate value of one cent per point, this sign-up bonus has a value of around $250 towards travel.
0% Intro APR
The TD First Class℠ Visa Signature® also comes with a 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for the first 12 months after account opening. Other TD Bank cards come with zero interest periods on purchases as well, but those cards aren’t travel cards. As such, the lack of a 0% intro APR on purchases isn’t a deal-breaker here.
The one year of no interest on balance transfers is a great perk – especially since the card’s variable APR after that is considerably lower than the average APR of a general travel rewards credit card. Even better, that interest rate is below 14% and applies to all accountholders, regardless of their credit score.
Other Card Features
When making purchases overseas, those using the TD First Class℠ Visa Signature® Credit Card can do so with peace of mind. Visa’s Zero Liability policy safeguards shoppers from unauthorized purchases, as does the card’s built-in chip technology. As holders won’t be paying any foreign transaction fees, they can be a little generous when it comes to picking up a few extra souvenirs too.
Should You Apply for the TD First Class℠ Visa Signature® Credit Card?
Overall, the TD First Class℠ Visa Signature® Credit Card offers decent value for its $89 annual fee. The card doesn’t offer lounge access, priority boarding, or other perks. Instead, it provides 3X miles on travel and dining, 25,000 bonus miles, and 12 months of 0% PR on balance transfers. What’s more, the card features no foreign transaction fees and an extremely competitive APR, making it the ideal travel companion both home – and abroad.