Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 3rd, 2021
PNC Premier Traveler® Visa Signature® Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 17.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 17.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 17.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $0 the first year. After that, $85
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 30,000 bonus miles when you spend at least $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on balance transfers
- Earn 2 miles per $1 on all eligible purchases
- Redeem miles to cover already made purchases or to book new travel
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months on transfers made within 90 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each balance transfer
- Cash Advance APR: 17.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $5
- Penalty APR: 29.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $0 the first year. After that, $85
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
With a decent introductory offer and 2 miles per $1 on every purchase, the PNC Premier Traveler® Visa Signature® is ideal for travelers eager to earn rewards as they explore the world.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Desire a travel rewards credit card that earns miles on every purchase
- Prefer multiple options when redeeming your rewards miles
- Want extra insurance coverage when you’re traveling
- Are looking for a travel rewards credit card without an annual fee
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees
PNC Premier Traveler® Visa Signature® Credit Card Review
Competing with other travel rewards cards from the likes of Chase, Capital One, and Bank of America, the PNC Premier Traveler® Visa Signature® Credit Card is designed with the wanderlust-heavy consumer in mind.
How to Earn Rewards
The card earns 2 miles per $1 spent on all purchases, so it’s easy to rack up a high number if you use it frequently and on daily purchases.
After you become an owner of the PNC Premier Traveler® Visa Signature®, you’ll be presented with a welcome offer of 30,000 bonus miles if you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three billing cycles (or first 90 days). That bonus is worth $300 for travel as a statement credit , which is enough to get you a round-trip flight around the States.
Aside from using your miles to book travel – which can be anything from flights and cruises to custom vacations and travel packages – you can redeem them to pay yourself back for past travel purchases. If neither is what you’re looking for, you can also exchange miles for cash back or gift cards.
Visa Signature Benefits
As this is a Visa Signature® credit card, you’re privy to a number of perks such as 24/7 concierge service and access to the Visa Signature® Luxury Hotel Collection. The latter includes late checkout, automatic upgrades, lower room rates, and VIP guest status. And while you’re out taking in the sights, you can take advantage of additional insurance options. Car rental coverage is especially thorough, with collision damage, accident insurance, and roadside assistance available.
Regarding fees, you won’t have to pay any if you use the PNC Premier Traveler® Visa Signature® outside the United States or to make purchases in other currencies. Due to the various incentives that come with the card, though, you will be responsible for an $85 annual fee. However, the fee is waived during your first year as a cardholder, and the $85 itself is slightly less than what comparable cards charge for a similar collection of add-ons.
Should You Apply for the PNC Premier Traveler® Visa Signature® Credit Card?
The PNC Premier Traveler® Visa Signature® is a quality travel card with a reasonable annual fee. The fee, $85 (which PNC waives for the first year), provides 2X miles on every dollar spent on purchases, plus no foreign transaction fees. Cardholders also enjoy 30,000 bonus miles when they make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first three months. They’ll also enjoy 0% intro APR on balance transfers for the first 12 months.
Overall, the PNC Premier Traveler® Visa Signature® is a good card to consider for PNC customers, or even those new to the bank that want a versatile travel card at a reasonable price.