Last updated on February 23rd, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card
PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card
- 18.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 18.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card is for cash back enthusiasts, earning them money on every purchase with no enrollment or rotating categories.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Get a $100 bonus after you make at least $1,000 in purchases during the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 4% cash back on gas station purchases, 3% on purchases at restaurants, 2% on grocery story purchases, and 1% on all other purchases
- Cash back never expires as long as your account is open
- 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months on transfers made within 90 days of account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater, for the first 90 days from account opening. After that, either $5 or 4% of each transfer amount, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 33.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- You frequently make purchases at gas stations, restaurants, and grocery stores
- You want a credit card with no annual fee
- You have other credit card balances at higher interest rates that you can transfer to save money
- You want a credit card for which you can earn cash back daily on every purchase
PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card Review
With the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card, you can earn up to 4% cash back on everyday purchases. The breakdown is as follows: 4% on gas station purchases, 3% on dining at restaurants, 2% when you shop at grocery stores, and 1% on everything else.
However, for the categories in which you earn 2% to 4%, your cash back is capped at $8,000 in combined purchases each year that you’re a card member (not calendar year). In other words, after you have spent $8,000 in the above categories, you will only earn 1% on all your purchases.
The card clearly works most in your favor if you do a lot of driving or have a gas-thirsty vehicle, or if you dine out frequently. In reality, though, this card works well as a daily form of payment since you can earn on practically anything you buy.
And even if you reach the $8,000 cap for the year ahead of time, you’ll still keep on earning cash back (just at a lower rate). When you’re ready to redeem – you must have at least $25 in your Cash Rewards account – you can do so for statement credits or as deposits into a PNC account.
0% Intro APR Offer
Another reason to consider the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card is for its 0% Intro APR on balance transfers for the first 12 billing cycles following account opening when the balance is transferred within the first 90 days following account opening. When you open your account you’ll have 12 months at 0% interest, so if you have balances with other credit cards at high APRs, you’ll be saving money by migrating them over to PNC.
Should You Apply for the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa® Credit Card?
The PNC Cash Rewards Visa is a solid cash back card for those who don’t plan to use their card to make more than $650 in enhanced categories every month. The cards earns 4% cash back on gas station purchases, 3% on purchases at restaurants, 2% on grocery store purchases, and 1% on all other purchases.
Those 2% to 4% categories, however, are limited to just $8,000 per year, meaning it offers exceptional value – in moderation. Fortunately, for those whos spend accordingly, the rewards on offer are exceptional, as is the 0% intro APR on balance transfers for the first 12 months, and no annual fee.