Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on September 7th, 2021
PNC Core® Visa® Credit Card
0% Intro APR on Purchases and Balance Transfers
- Regular Purchase APR 10.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness
- Balance Transfer APR 10.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good , Fair
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn a $100 bonus after you make at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months
- Low regular APR on purchases
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 10.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 90 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 10.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% each balance transfer amount, whichever is greater, for first 90 days. After, either $5 or 4% of each transfer amount, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
At a Glance
The PNC Core® Visa® Credit Card offers a low APR and even lower introductory rates on purchases and balance transfers.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a credit card with a low variable APR
- Need to transfer a balance to save on interest payments
- Have a large purchase on the horizon that will require multiple payments and that can benefit from 0% interest
- Do not want to pay an annual fee
PNC Core® Visa® Credit Card Review
The PNC Core® Visa® Credit Card is a basic, low APR option with attractive introductory offers on purchases and balance transfers. When you first open an account, you’ll be granted 15 months at a 0% APR, so it’s a great opportunity to make a large purchase that you’ve been planning that you’ll need to pay off over time.
In addition, you can take advantage of migrating debt you owe on other cards with high APRs. Doing so lets you avoid interest charges while you pay off the debt over the 15 months, and you can continue to save thereafter if this card gives you a lower regular rate than what you have on other accounts.
New accounts also enjoy a $100 bonus after you make $1,000 or more in purchases during the first 3 billing cycles following account opening, making the core Vis an excellent choice for PNC customers with excellent credit scores.
Should You Apply for the PNC Core® Visa® Credit Card?
While the PNC Core® Visa® Credit Card is useful for its low-interest rates, you’ll have to look elsewhere if you’re hoping to get wow-factor-worthy perks. While the card includes standard features found in other competitors – online account management and bill payment, $0 fraud liability, travel protection, and no annual fee – there’s not much else to add depth to the card’s usability.
You should consider this product if you’re already a PNC Bank customer and are in need of a generous interest-free period, but otherwise you can discover more well-rounded options that offer additional benefits.