Last updated on February 23rd, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
PNC points® Visa® Credit Card
PNC points® Visa® Credit Card
- 17.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 17.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 12 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The PNC points® Visa® Credit Card emphasizes earning you points and gives you the ability to multiply your allotment based on your PNC account relationship.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Get 50,000 bonus points after you make at least $750 in purchases during the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 4 points per $1 on eligible purchases
- Earn up to a 75% bonus on base points when you maintain select banking accounts or digital wallets
- No limit to the amount of points you can ear
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months on transfers made within 90 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.99% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater, for the first 90 days from account opening. After that, either $5 or 4% of each transfer amount, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 33.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- You're looking for a rewards credit card that earns points on every purchase
- You have a PNC virtual wallet or checking account that can help you boost your points earning total
- You want various options for which to redeem your accumulated rewards points
- You're looking for a credit card with no annual fee
PNC points® Visa® Credit Card Review
Although its name is the PNC points® Visa® Credit Card, it should really be PNC POINTS® Visa® Credit Card. That’s because this card earns a standard 4 points per $1 on purchases, regardless of the category in which you shop. There are a few purchases that may not be eligible, such as gift cards or cash advances, but most other typical transactions will qualify for the 4 points/$1 rate.
Get More Value PNC Banking Accounts
There’s more to the PNC points® program, though. To really get the most out of your earnings, you’ll want to be enrolled in one of the bank’s account options. Maintaining some form of the institution’s virtual wallet can net you a 25% bonus over your base points earnings, and this increase reaches up to 75% when you keep one of the upper-tier account types. For instance, if you have a Performance Select Checking account and meet the minimum balance or direct deposit requirements, you’ll get 75% more points. So if you spend $1,000 per month with your credit card, rather than earning 4,000 points for that month, you’ll gain 7,000 points.
How to Redeem Points
Redeeming your points comes with flexibility. PNC Points earning is unlimited and you can choose from statement credits, gift cards, care rentals, hotel stays, or merchandise. You can also use your points to pay directly via the PNC Pay® app. Be aware, however, that your points do expire. You have 48 months to redeem your points from the moment they post to your account, otherwise you’ll lose them forever.
Other Card Features
Other features included with the PNC points® Visa® Credit Card are those you’d find in other cards. You get online account management options so you can keep track of your expenses and pay bills; identity theft and fraud protection are standard, with a $0 fraud liability policy in place; and you’ll be set with additional insurance coverage when you travel. Plus, there’s no annual fee to keep your account open.
Should You Apply for the PNC points® Visa® Credit Card?
The PNC points® Visa® Credit Card has a heavy emphasis on points, though it’s lack on an annual fee is another key perk. The card earns 4X points on all purchases, plus an additional 50,000 points after making just $750 within the first three months. The real value, however, comes to those who also have a PNC Bank account (either checking or savings). PNC account holders enjoy 7% bonus base points.