Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 18th, 2021
Odyssey Rewards World Elite Mastercard®
Enjoy 0% Intro APR for 12 Months and 3X Points on Travel
- Regular Purchase APR 6.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 6.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 6.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $75
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- No annual fee for the first year
- Earn 3x points on travel purchases and 2x points on dining
- No fees on foreign transactions, cash advances, and balance transfers
- 0% intro APR for 12 months on balance transfers
- Regular Purchase APR: 6.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 6.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 6.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $75
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Exclusive tableware and home d?cor items from porcelain - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Go on a guided truffle-hunting expedition in the Motovun Forest - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Embark on a journey through the city of the Iron Throne - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Discover Agra beyond the Taj Mahal on a virtual tour - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Play the Hidden Network of Private Courses - Offer Expires on December 31, 2022 - See Details
- Marvel at a celebrity stylist's star-studded fashion collection - Offer Expires on June 01, 2021 - See Details
- Embark on a virtual trip to the Banaras' ghats, Sarnath, and more - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Get a glimpse into India's history through the Gujarati thali - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Odyssey Rewards World Elite Mastercard® credit from First Tech Federal Credit Union offers a myriad of benefits to cardholders that make this a great card to have in your wallet. Cardholders don’t have to pay an annual fee to use this card, and there are no fees for many common transactions. Additionally, cardholders can earn up to 3 points for every dollar they spent plus a 30,000-bonus when they first open their account. Keep reading to learn more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to earn rewards points on their credit card purchases
- Want to earn 30,000 bonus points after spending $3,000
- Don’t want to pay annual fees or fees on foreign transactions, balance transfers, or cash advances
- Want 0% APR on balance transfers for the first 12 months
Odyssey Rewards World Elite Mastercard® Review
The Odyssey Rewards card is a great option for people who want a rewards card with no fees. It’s especially good for frequent travelers as cardholders can earn three times the points on travel purchases. No annual fee and no fees for cash advances, foreign transactions, and balance transfers make this card that much more appealing
Earn Points on All Your Purchases
The Odyssey card earns cardholders rewards points on almost everything they purchase with their credit card. The points system is straightforward with each dollar spent earning cardholders one point.
However, cardholders can earn extra points for certain kinds of purchases. For instance, dining purchases will earn cardholders two points for every dollar they spend. Travel purchases, such as airfare tickets, will earn cardholders three points for every dollar spent.
Keep in mind that certain transactions cannot earn cardholders reward points. These include any sort of gambling transaction, including the purchase of lottery tickets and casino credits or chips.
Cardholders can redeem their points for merchandise, travel, events, and experiences. Cardholders can also opt to redeem points for cash back rewards, gift cards, and charitable donations
30,000 Bonus Points in Your First 3 Months
Cardholders also have the opportunity to earn bonus rewards points when they first sign up for this credit card. If you spend at least $3,000 within the first 90 days of opening an Odyssey account, you automatically qualify to earn 30,000 points.
This comes out to about 10 points for every dollar you spend with your new Odyssey card. What’s more, this bonus applies to any type of purchase. That means you don’t have to exclusively make dining or travel purchases in order to qualify for this points bonus.
Hold the Fees, Please
One of the best features of this credit card is its lack of fees that may be common in other similar types of cards. There is an annual fee, but it is reasonable considering how many benefits you can get from this card. If you’re no quite sure whether the fee is worth all the perks, you get a year to check it out for yourself. First Tech is so convinced you’ll love this card that it waives the first year’s fee.
Even with an annual fee, cardholders won’t have to pay fees for some common transactions. There is no fee for balance transfers, and you never have to pay a fee for a cash advance. What’s more, the APR range for cash advances is the same as the purchase interest rate, so you never have to worry about taking out money when you need it.
Frequent travelers have more to smile about besides 3X points on travel purchases. There is no foreign transaction fee when you use your Odyssey card abroad, so you can shop ‘til your heart’s content when you travel without having to worry about surcharges.
0% APR on Balance Transfers
You already know that there’s no fee for balance transfers with this credit card, but First Tech gives cardholders an additional incentive to transfer funds from another card. If you make a balance transfer within the first 90 days from the date of opening your account, you can enjoy 12 months of 0% interest on that transfer.
This makes the Odyssey card ideal for those who want to pay off a balance from a higher-interest credit card. If you plan to pay off that balance within a year, you can save money while improving your credit rating. After the 12 months are up, any remaining balance accrues interest. However, the balance transfer APR can be as low as one percentage point lower than the regular purchase APR. So, even if you don’t transfer a balance early on, you can still save money on balance transfers with this card.
Many credit unions offer competitively low APRs to their members, and First Tech is no different. Credit card applicants may qualify for an interest rate that is around five points lower than the national average. Even the highest APR an applicant can qualify for is only slightly higher than the national average.
More Perks for Travelers
No foreign transaction fees and extra points earned on travel purchases make this card attractive enough for frequent travelers. However, Mastercard® includes some additional travel perks that just might make your trips run much more smoothly.
If you book a hotel through Mastercard’s Travel & Lifestyle Services and find the same room for the same dates at the same hotel for less money, Mastercard can reimburse you the price difference. Additionally, if you book a hotel through Mastercard’s service and experience a problem during your stay, you can call a toll-free number, and a represent will correct the issue, thus saving your trip.
Cardholders can also take advantage of Mastercard’s Concierge Service with 24/7 support year-round. Agents can help you plan your trips and connect you with local experts to make your stay memorable. The Airport Concierge™ service can help facilitate airport meet and greets in addition to expedited processing through security and/or immigration at select airports.
These are only some of Mastercard’s perks for Odyssey cardholders. Cardholders also have access to warranty and insurance benefits on select purchases in addition to discounts on popular services like Lyft.
Should You Apply for the Odyssey Rewards World Elite Mastercard®?
The Odyssey Rewards card is an excellent match for frequent travelers. Three times the points on travel purchases, no foreign transaction fees, and a whole slew of Mastercard® travel perks can make this a must-have in your wallet.
The introductory 0% APR promotion on balance transfers coupled with zero fees for this type of transaction can also make this an ideal balance transfer credit card. Given First Tech’s lower-than-average interest rates, this credit card may save you a lot of money if you transfer over a balance from a higher-interest credit card.