Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 12th, 2021
First Tech® Federal Credit Union Platinum Mastercard®
Enjoy No Annual Fee and 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers
- Regular Purchase APR 6.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 6.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 7.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good , Fair
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 12 months
- No annual fee
- No fees on balance transfers, cash advances, and foreign transactions
- First Tech's Lowest APR
- Regular Purchase APR: 6.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 6.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 7.99% to 18% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
At a Glance
The First Tech® Federal Credit Union Platinum Mastercard® is a no-frills balance transfer credit card that is a great, basic credit card for those who simply want a card that will work for their financial needs without the distraction of rewards programs or high interest rates and annual fees. This card stands out thanks to the lowest credit card rates on offer from First Tech Federal Credit Union (FTFCU).
Ideal for Those Who:
- Work for an innovative company on First Tech Federal Credit Union’s partner list for the State of Oregon
- Live and/or work in Lane County, Oregon
- Belong to the Computer History Museum or the Financial Fitness Association
- Would like to save money thanks to no annual fee, no balance transfer fee, and no foreign transaction fees
- Want to save additional money on existing debt by transferring a balance and taking advantage of 0% APR for 12 billing cycles on balance transfers
Platinum Mastercard® from First Tech Federal Credit Union Review
The FTFCU Platinum Mastercard® is a basic credit card that is designed for folks who are looking to transfer an existing balance to a convenient, worry-free credit card so as to take advantage of an introductory APR and save additional money thanks to the lowest credit card interest rates available from this card issuer. There are many different types of credit cards to choose from, but this card is particularly useful for anyone who has existing debt that they’d like to convert into savings.
Introductory APR for Balance Transfers
One of the biggest draws of the Platinum Mastercard® from First Tech® is its introductory APR offer. New cardmembers will be able to take advantage of a 0.00% APR on balance transfers for twelve full billing cycles after completing a transfer within 90 days of opening their account. This is welcome news for someone who may feel they are saddled with high interest rates with their current credit card and can add up to significant savings – especially if the full balance is paid off during this first year. With proper planning, this credit card can be a powerful financial tool.
No Fees – No Problem
Additional savings from the FTFCU Platinum Mastercard® come in the form of fees – or rather, the lack thereof. There is no annual fee, no feel for balance transfers, and for those who love to travel – no foreign transaction fees. This card is a money-saving magnet, since the lack of fees will keep money in your pocket as-is, and the standard APR for purchases and balance transfers is competitively low – as is common with most credit union credit cards; in fact, this card boasts the lowest credit card interest rates out of any FTFCU credit card offers at the time of this writing. Do the math – all of this adds up to more money in your pocket.
Additional Platinum Mastercard Benefits
As a Mastercard® offering, the Platinum Mastercard from First Tech Federal Credit Union proffers several useful benefits not available elsewhere. This includes consumer protections like:
- Identity Theft Resolution Services – Mastercard assists you with credit bureau notification and credit card replacement, and provides you with an ID Theft Affidavit should you become a victim of identity theft.
- Extended Warranty – This doubles most manufacturer or U.S. store brand warranties for up to one additional year, when the item is purchased using this card.
- Price Protection – Mastercard can refund the difference if you buy something using this card and then see it advertised for less within 60 days. Contact the card issuer in this instance to get your refund.
First Tech Federal Credit Union Protections and Perks
The FTFCU Platinum Mastercard also has additional security measures built into it, including a built-in chip and PIN transaction protections. FTFCU also makes their credit cards compatible with all digital wallets, which allows for an easy – and secure – shopping experience both online and in person.
Cardholders who want to keep an eye on their spending can easily manage their accounts thanks to a free mobile app and easy online access to monitor transactions at any time, report a missing credit or debit card, and make payments.
Should You Apply for the Platinum Mastercard® from First Tech® Federal Credit Union?
If you live in Oregon, are a member of First Tech Federal Credit Union, and are looking for a way to save money by transferring existing debt to a new credit card, the Platinum Mastercard® may be a good fit for you. A generous introductory APR of 0.00% for 12 months for balance transfers, coupled with a fee of $0.00 for balance transfers, makes saving money with this card a no-brainer. Cardholders can get a credit line of at least $500 to work with while they pay down their balance; based on creditworthiness, the credit line can be as high as $25,000. There are no extra fees associated with this card, so with proper financial planning, you can maximize your savings by using this card to pay down a previous balance and eliminating outstanding debt with low interest rates.