Blazers Rewards World Mastercard
Earn 2X Points on All Purchases
- Regular Purchase APR 11.49% to 18.00%, based on creditworthiness and variable with the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.49% to 18.00%, based on creditworthiness and variable with the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 12.49% to 18.00% , based on creditworthiness and variable with the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 2X points for all everyday purchases
- Spend $3,000 in the first two months of opening an account to earn 20,000 bonus Rewards Points
- Low, competitive APR
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 12 months, when balance transfer is completed within 90 days of opening an account
- No annual fee, no balance transfer fee
- Savings on Portland Trail Blazers gear, and discounted tickets to games
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.49% to 18.00%, based on creditworthiness and variable with the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 billing cycles from date of completed transfer, on balances transferred within first 90 days of account opening.
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.49% to 18.00%, based on creditworthiness and variable with the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 12.49% to 18.00% , based on creditworthiness and variable with the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25.00
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25.00
At a Glance
The Blazers Rewards World Mastercard® from First Tech® Federal Credit Union (the Official Credit Union of the Portland Trail Blazers) is a high value, low cost rewards credit card. With a generous introductory APR for balance transfers and the ability to earn double Rewards Points from making everyday purchases, this card is certain to catch your eye whether you’re a basketball fan or simply looking for a powerful tool for saving money. This is an impressive balance transfer card that moonlights as a rewards card, so you can get the best of both worlds.
New cardholders can even earn special introductory bonus points, if they’re inclined to spend $3,000 or more within the first two months of opening their card!
Ideal for Those Who:
- Work for an innovative company on First Tech Federal Credit Union’s partner list or for the State of Oregon
- Live and/or work in Lane County, Oregon
- Belong to the Computer History Museum or the Financial Fitness Association
- Want the ability to earn 2X rewards for everyday purchases
- Would like a rewards credit card with no annual fee
- Want save money by transferring a balance and will take advantage of 0% APR for the first 12 billing cycles (and no balance transfer fee)
Blazers Rewards World Mastercard® Review
The Blazers Rewards World Mastercard® is a versatile rewards credit card that earns points for every purchase you make, and also functions as a powerful tool for those in the market for a balance transfer card. Cardholders who use this card for everyday spending will love how quickly they can earn Rewards Points, which can be redeemed for a variety of great options. This card is designed for fans of the Portland Trail Blazers who are looking for a rewards credit card that gives them high value without breaking the bank, and is a perfect match for anyone who wants to transfer a large balance to pay down existing debt while avoiding hefty interest rates.
Card highlights include:
- No annual fee
- No balance transfer fee
- Special introductory bonus points and APR (for balance transfers)
- Low interest rates
- Mobile Wallet compatibility
- Convenient account access via mobile app and web
Earning Blazers Rewards Points
Using the Blazers Rewards World Mastercard to earn Rewards Points from First Tech® Federal Credit Union is as easy as using your card for everyday purchases. Every time you swipe this card, you’ll earn 2X Rewards Points from each qualifying spend. Whether you’re at the supermarket shopping for the week’s groceries or at a restaurant enjoying an evening out, pumping gasoline or buying tickets to see the latest movie – or concert – you’ll earn double points each time you use your First Tech credit card.
New cardholders can take advantage of a unique opportunity to bump up their rewards even more: if you plan to use your new card account to spend $3,000 or more within the first two months of opening a Blazers Rewards World Mastercard card, you can earn a special introductory bonus of 20,000 points.
Rewards Points can be redeemed for great perks like travel, merchandise, events tickets, exclusive experiences, gift cards, and even cash back. There is no limit to the number of points that can be earned, and points do not expire as long as the account remains in good standing.
Blazers Rewards World Mastercard® Balance Transfers
Blazers Rewards World cardholders have the unique opportunity to take advantage of an introductory APR for balance transfers. This is a great way for anyone who wants to pay down an existing debt or balance without subjecting themselves to exorbitant interest fees, since with this First Tech Federal Credit Union credit card, there is 0% APR for twelve months from the date a balance transfer is made, if the balance is transferred within ninety days of opening the card account. Perhaps best of all, there is no balance transfer fee.
Blazers Rewards Mastercard Cardholder Benefits
Cardmembers are eligible for some great perks beyond those available from First Tech Federal Credit Union. Since the Blazers Rewards World card is part of the Mastercard family, cardholders can also enjoy the security that comes with exclusive Mastercard benefits, including:
- Extended Warranty
- Price Protections
- Identity Theft Solutions
- Mastercard Global Service
- MasterRental Coverage
- Mastercard Airport Concierge™
- Lost or Damaged Luggage Insurance
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
Moda Center at the Rose Quarter Tickets and Discounts
When you join First Tech Federal Credit Union and apply for the Blazers Rewards World Mastercard®, you’ll enjoy some perks that are reserved specially for fans of the Portland Trail Blazers basketball team. Cardholders can get great deals on tickets to events at the Moda Center at the Rose Quarter; First Tech is a corporate partner, and there are exclusive promo codes available to its members for discounts that are not available anywhere else. Catch a basketball game, a concert, or a comedy show – simply search for tickets and enter your code to save money!
Additional savings can be found on merch and gear at the Rip City Clothing Company in the Moda Center. Feeling the team spirit? Grab your gear with a 10% discount all season long when you make your purchase using your First Tech credit or debit card.
Should You Apply for the Blazers Rewards World Mastercard® from First Tech® Federal Credit Union?
First Tech Federal Credit Union’s Blazers Rewards World card is a Mastercard offering that combines the low interest rates and perks of banking with a federal credit union with the purchasing power of a credit card that rewards you with 2X points for everyday spending. All in all, this is a solid credit card that will appeal to anyone who is searching for a great card to use for balance transfers, thanks to a generous introductory APR of 0% when the cardholder completes a transfer within the first 90 days of opening their account.
Earning 2X points for almost any purchase made with this card means that travel rewards, as well as merchandise, gift cards, cash back rewards, and much more are easily within reach. Use this card often and you’ll find that you’ll be redeeming rewards points in no time; points do not expire, and you can earn as many as you’d like simply by spending money with your card.
In addition to a rewards program that will appeal to most, this card comes with two introductory offers that are difficult to pass up. First, spending $3,000 in the first two months of opening an account to earn 20,000 bonus points may seem like a high bar to meet, but if you plan to make a big-ticket purchase after opening your card, it’s not difficult to achieve. Additionally, remember that you earn 2 points for every dollar spent; this means that a bonus of 20,000 points comes out to what you’d earn if you spent $10,000 – a bargain, considering you can earn the same for spending less than half of that. The second introductory offer, which proffers the cardholder an APR of 0% for 12 months after completing a balance transfer, is extremely generous. This balance transfer must be completed within 90 days of the account opening, so if you are planning to take advantage of zero interest for 12 months, you’ll need to plan properly – but the savings are well worth it.
It’s not often that you’ll find a card with 0% intro APR (for balance transfers), a low APR, no annual fee, no balance transfer fees and a robust rewards program all bundled together as a credit union card. First Tech’s Blazers Rewards World Mastercard® is a great option for anyone who is looking to save money with a balance transfer credit card that will also earn them rewards without extra fees.