Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 8th, 2021
Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard®
Set Sail with 25,000 Bonus WorldPoints® ($200 Value)
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 16.99% to 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 3X WorldPoints® for every $1 spent on Norwegian purchases
- 2X WorldPoints® per $1 spent on eligible air and hotel purchases
- 1X WorldPoints® per $1 spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fee
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 16.99% to 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard® rewards you with WorldPoints® for booking your voyages and making every purchase in between, as well as by offering an appealing introductory bonus. If you are a frequent cruiser with Norwegian, this may be the ideal card for you.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Often travel with Norwegian Cruise Line®
- Want to quickly earn WorldPoints® points by making purchases – both exceptional and everyday
- Are looking for a travel credit card with no foreign transaction fees and no annual fee
Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard® Review
The Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard® is a versatile rewards credit card for consumers who enjoy taking cruises – or simply want to earn rewards towards their dream vacation. The card, from Bank of America, offers reward points with every purchase and no annual fee.
How to Earn Rewards
The card features a robust initial bonus offer: 25,000 bonus points offer after making a qualifying transaction within the first 90 days of opening an account – that’s equivalent to $250 you can take off your next cruise.
With everyday use, the Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard® earns WorldPoints®.with daily purchases. The card earns 3X points on eligible Norwegian Cruise Line purchases, 2X points on eligible airfare and hotel bookings, and 1X points on every other dollar spent on purchases.
How to Redeem WorldPoints® Points
Redeeming points is straightforward. Cardholders can redeem points for stateroom upgrades, travel discounts, onboard credits on cruises, car rentals with partners, hotel stays, or gift cards.
Other Card Features
The Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard® doesn’t impose an annual fee or foreign transaction fees, so you can save money while you spend money as you journey on a Norwegian cruise.
Another unique feature of the card is something found with other Bank of America credit card products. Preferred Rewards members earn even greater rewards with their Norwegian Card. Cardholders receive 25% – 75% more points on every purchase.
Preferred Rewards offers exceptional savings and rewards for those who have multiple accounts with the bank, including checking accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, auto loans, and more. Customers also get rewarded for Guided Investment accounts through Merrill, an investment and brokerage firm.
Should You Apply for the Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard®?
Cruises are always an expensive thing, but with the Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard®, users can earn rewards towards discounts on all Norwegian Cruise journeys. The card lacks an annual fee and earn 3X points on purchases with Norwegian and 1X points on all other purchases.
The card is limited in that it only makes sense for those looking to save for a cruise or are a regular on the Norwegian fleet of vessels. For those individuals, however, the card will provide significant value. For those unsure of which line the are also worth consideration.ey prefer, however, the Royal Caribbean® Visa Signature® Credit Card or the Celebrity Cruises® Visa Signature® Credit Card are also worth consideration.