Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on June 3rd, 2021
Celebrity Cruises® Visa Signature® Credit Card
$100 Statement Credit Offer
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 16.99% to 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- 2 MyCruise points for every $1 spent on qualifying purchases with Celebrity Cruises, Royal Caribbean, and Azamara Club Cruises
- 1 MyCruise point per $1 on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 16.99% to 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Celebrity Cruises® Visa Signature® Credit Card will make it easier – and more rewarding – to book your next voyage by netting you MyCruise® Points with every purchase, plus an additional introductory bonus.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Often travel with Celebrity Cruises®
- Want to quickly earn MyCruise® points by making purchases – both exceptional and everyday
- Are looking for a travel credit card with no foreign transaction fees
Celebrity Cruises® Visa Signature® Credit Card Review
The Celebrity Cruises® Visa Signature® Credit Card is a cruise rewards card from Bank of America.
Initial signup Bonus
The Celebrity Cruises Credit Card enjoys a decent statement credit bonus. New accounts enjoy a $100 statement credit after making $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days.
How to Earn Rewards
Like other rewards credit cards, the Celebrity Cruise Card earns additional reward points with everyday purchases. The card earns two MyCruise® points, the rewards currency of Celebrity Cruise Lines, with every dollar spent on qualifying purchases with all Royal Caribbean brands, including Azamara Club Cruises. All other purchases earn a single point per dollar spent.
How to Redeem Rewards
MyCruise® points, apply for redemption options such as stateroom upgrades, discounts, onboard credit, and more.
The points needed for awards vary, depending on the quality of perk the cardholder seeks to receive. At the lower end, 1,000 MyCruise points equal a $10 donation to the World Wildlife Fund. While 5,000 points are worth a $50 Celebrity Cruise upgrade, onboard credit, or two Royal Caribbean robes delivered onboard (a $100 value).
At the top end, 540,000 MyCruise points entitle a rewards member to a 10+ night Celebrity Cruises Europe cruise – worth up to $5,400.
Other Card Features
The Celebrity Cruises® Visa Signature® Credit Card also benefits from no foreign transaction fees and no annual fee.
Other notable features also include:
- Contactless payments and EMV chip-enabled
- Complimentary FICO score each month through the Bank of America mobile app
- Online account alerts
Should You Apply for the Celebrity Cruises® Visa Signature® Card?
Cruises are an expensive proposition, but with the Celebrity Cruises® Visa Signature® Credit Card, holders can earn rewards towards discounts on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and other cruises. The card lacks an annual fee and earns 2X points on purchases with Royal Caribbean brands and 1X points on all other purchases.
The card is limited in that it only makes sense for those looking to save for a cruise or are a regular on the Royal Caribbean fleet. For those individuals, however, the card will provide significant value.