Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 6th, 2021
Royal Caribbean® Visa Signature® Credit Card
$100 Statement Credit After Spending $1,000 In the First 90 Days
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 16.99% to 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Visa
- 2X MyCruise® points per dollar on purchases with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, and Azamara Club Cruises
- 1X MyCruise® points per dollar spent on all other purchases
- $50 Discount on Air2Sea program after spending $3,500 within the first 90 days
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 16.99% to 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Royal Caribbean® Visa Signature® Credit Card is a travel rewards credit card that makes it easy and rewarding to book your next voyage by granting you MyCruise® Points with every purchase. The card is also notable for its introductory bonus points offer.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Often travel with Royal Caribbean®
- Want to quickly earn MyCruise® points by making purchases – both exceptional and everyday
- Are looking for a travel credit card with no foreign transaction fees
Royal Caribbean® Visa Signature® Credit Card Review
When you open an account for the Royal Caribbean® Visa Signature® Credit Card, you’ll earn a $100 statement credit for spending $1,000 in the first 90 days. And as you keep spending, you keep earning. Every dollar spent on qualifying purchases with Royal Caribbean and its sister brands – Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises – earns two MyCruise® Points. In contrast, each dollar spent on all other purchases receives one point.
How to Redeem Rewards
As you journey around the world with Royal Caribbean®, use the Royal Caribbean® Visa Signature® Credit Card without fear of having to pay foreign transaction fees or an annual fee. And as you accumulate MyCruise® points, you can redeem them for stateroom upgrades, discounts, onboard credit, and more.
Air2Sea Airfare Discount
Another perk of having the Royal Caribbean® Visa Signature® Credit Card is getting a $50 Air2Sea airfare discount. This credit, along with your redemption options once you have accumulated enough points, can grow into considerable savings next time you’re planning a vacation. The major condition of this benefit, though, is that you’ll have to make at least $3,500 in purchases with the card within the first 90 days of opening an account.
Should You Apply for the Royal Caribbean® Visa Signature® Credit Card?
Cruises are an expensive proposition, but with the Royal Caribbean® Visa Signature® Credit Card, holders can earn rewards towards discounts on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and other cruises. The card lacks an annual fee and earn 2X points on purchases with Royal Caribbean brands and 1X points on all other purchases.
The card is limited in that it only makes sense for those looking to save for a cruise or are a regular on the Royal Caribbean fleet. For those individuals, however, the card will provide significant value. For those unsure of which line the are also worth consideration. If they don’t know which line they prefer, however, the Royal Caribbean® Visa Signature® Credit Card or the Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard® are also worth considering.