Last updated on June 27th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
World Wildlife Fund Credit Card
World Wildlife Fund Credit Card
- 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 16.99% to 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 15 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- World Wildlife Fund receives $3 for every account opened and 0.08% of each transaction
- Introductory 0% purchase APR for your first 15 months
- 3% cash back on the category of your choice
- 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 16.99% to 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $29
At a Glance
The World Wildlife Fund Credit Card is perfect for those who are passionate about protecting animals and the environment. Every purchase is an opportunity to generate funds for the WWF while simultaneously earning up to 3% cash back.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Care about wildlife, animals, and the environment and want to donate to a cause without any out-of-pocket
- Want cash back in less common reward categories such as Drug Stores and Home Décor
- Are the primary shopper for your family’s household
- Want a card with no annual fee
World Wildlife Fund Credit Card Review
The World Wildlife Fund Credit Card is an effortless way to give back to a good cause while simultaneously earning cash back rewards for yourself. The WWF receives 0.08% of all net purchases made with your card, as well as $3 when you open an account and an additional $3 when you renew each year.
What’s in it for you? Besides the card being visually stunning itself, the card is also very attractive because of its 1%, 2%, and 3% cash back categories in addition to having no annual fee, an achievable signup bonus, and an introductory 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months.
New cardholders will be able to earn a bonus of $200 online rewards after spending $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of opening an account – a nice first impression. In terms of everyday rewards, the World Wildlife Fund Credit Card makes it easy to accommodate your current lineup of credit cards by allowing 3% cash back in the category of your choice:
- Online Shopping
- Drug Stores
- Home Improvement/Furnishings
Purchases at grocery stores and wholesale clubs will earn 2% back, and all other purchases will earn 1% back. The reward structure of the World Wildlife Fund Credit Card makes it a great option for cardholders that do the bulk of the food shopping for their family.
While the returns to the WWF aren’t nearly as lucrative, every bit certainly does help. For every $1000 you spend, you’ll earn 80 cents towards the World Wildlife Fund. If you spend that amount on a monthly basis you’ll have earned $9.60 for the WWF in a year without a single dime out of your own pocket.
Should You Apply for the World Wildlife Fund Credit Card?
If you already have a go-to cash back card you don’t have to choose between one or the either. The 2-3% rewards have a combined cap of $2,500 per quarter so use the World Wildlife Fund Credit Card to help make the planet a better place and then switch back to your main credit card once the rewards have been maxed out.
Regardless of your spending style or which credit card you already have in your wallet, when you apply for the World Wildlife Fund Credit Card you can effortlessly (and fee-lessly) help your wallet and your animal co-inhabitants of the Earth.