- Get $10 off your first purchase within 30 days of opening an account
- Earn an additional $10 reward for each $750 you spend
- Get cents off per gallon of Meijer gas
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.99%
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Meijer Mastercard offers an easy way for shoppers to earn even more savings at the regional superstore. Offering generous 10¢ per gallon at the pump, flat-rate rewards of $10 for every $750 spent at a Meijer store and no annual fee, you’ll have no shortage of opportunities to make this card with your while.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Find reward categories to be a hassle
- Are an existing Meijer rewards program
- Frequently fill up at Meijer gas stations
- Shop at Meijer’s at least once every 45 days
- Already have several specific reward credit cards that you don’t want to stop using
Meijer Mastercard Review
The Meijer Mastercard offers a unique reward structure that is incredibly straight forward. Even the most credit card-averse will find this card easy to use. Meijer Mastercard customers can earn $10 towards a future purchase by spending $750 flat – no matter where or what purchase category. Pair this flat rate earning potential with no annual fee and you’ve got yourself a versatile catch-all card that comes with no strings attached.
This Comenity credit card offers cardholders immediate tangible value with a modest $10 signup bonus for making their first purchase at Meijer. When it comes to maximizing your earnings with the card afterward, it’s actually the savings on gas that make this card worth holding on to (although the flat-rate rewards are a useful novelty).
Cardholders will find the best value when using the card for gas, which provides an outstanding 10¢ off per gallon at Meijer’s gas stations. In case you thought it couldn’t get any better, these discounted gas prices will also go towards meeting that $750 target.
Maximizing Your Rewards
Whether you use the Meijer credit card outside of gas stations purchases will depend on one major factor: whether you already own a general cash back rewards card that offers at least 1.3% cash back. The reason being that cash back bonus greater than 1.3% will yield a greater reward than Meijer’s $10 voucher.
- Spending $750 with Meijer’s card = $10 voucher
- Spending $750 with 1% cash back card = $7.50 cash back
- Spending $750 with 2% cash back card = $15 cash back
If you don’t already have a cash back card to use for everyday purchases, Meijer’s is a great option that can fill the gap in your wallet. Even if you have other rewards credit cards in your wallet, use your Meijer’s card for those in-between categories most cards don’t offer bonuses for such as utilities and bills.
Mejier Reward Redeption
Meijer rewards are automatically generated for every $750 accrued. These rewards expire 45 days from the date they are issued – a shorter time frame than other retail cards, but a drawback that’s easily rectified due to the variety of products sold. Casual shoppers won’t find it difficult to find a reason shop for groceries, toiletries, or other household items (and thus, use their rewards) every 1.5 months.
Should You Apply for the Meijer Mastercard?
Overall, the Meijer® Mastercard® has more to offer than your typical retail credit card. The unusual flat-rate earnings with no reward categories paired with the very practical 10¢ off per gallon make it a standout. This card could easily fill any earnings gaps in your current credit card lineup while simultaneously providing cash savings on the items you use on a daily basis.
Retail cards from Comenity Bank are excellent for individuals with credit scores from fair to excellent. Retail card issuers typically allow those with scores in the mid 600s to receive their products, but always check the terms and conditions before applying.
The simplicity of earning and redemption comes at the cost of a higher than average spend requirement in order to generate cash savings – but is offset by the Meijer credit card’s versatility to be a catch-all card.