| Last updated on October 4th, 2023
IHG One Rewards Premier Business Credit Card
IHG One Rewards Premier Business Credit Card
- 21.49% to 28.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 21.49% to 28.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The IHG One Rewards Premier Business Credit Card from Chase earns up to 26X points on purchases and features an impressive 140,000 bonus points welcome offer – for a $99 annual fee.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 140,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Enjoy a Reward Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide. Plus, enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for a consecutive four-night IHG® hotel stay.
- Earn up to 26 total points per $1 spent when you stay at IHG Hotels and Resorts
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent on purchases on travel, at gas stations, select advertising, and restaurants. Earn 3 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Automatic Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier Business card member
- Global Entry, TSA PreCheck® or NEXUS Statement Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
- IHG One Rewards Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®
- Member FDIC
- Regular Purchase APR: 21.49% to 28.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 21.49% to 28.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $99
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $40
- You own a small business and frequently stay at IHG properties
- You spend heavily on travel purchases or advertising
- You don’t already have TSA PreCheck
- You plan to issue multiple employee cards to maximize rewards
IHG One Rewards Premier Business Credit CardTerms & Conditions
IHG One Rewards Premier Business Credit Card Review
The IHG One Rewards Premier Business Credit Card is a Chase business Mastercard that offers plenty of perks for a $99 annual fee.
An Impressive Welcome Bonus
Thanks to a special welcome offer, the IHG One Rewards Premier Business Mastercard makes a solid first impression. New accounts with the hotel business card can earn 140,000 bonus IHG One Rewards points when spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening.
That 140,000-point bonus has a value of approximately four free nights with IHG properties – for spending just $3,000 on purchases. The general rate for a standard room with an IHG property is 30,000 points (or about $150 in cash value). While better redemption options (and worse) are available, this is the likely redemption method for business travelers booking free trips.
Earn Up to 26X Points
The IHG One Rewards Premier Business Card is also an impressive earner. The card earns up to 26X points per $1 spent on purchases, though to reach that dizzying rate, you’ll need to book stays with IHG properties.
Cardholders earn up to 26X points per $1 spent at IHG Hotels & Resorts worldwide. That 26X rate works out as:
- Up to 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Member
- Up to 6X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status
The IHG One Rewards Premier Business Card also earns points away from IHG properties. Cardholders earn 5X points on every dollar spent on travel purchases. This bonus category is even more generous thanks to the inclusion of dining and gas stations as eligible for 5X points. This makes the Premier Business Card an excellent card for business trips down the street and across the country.
The card also earns 5X IHG One Rewards points on select business purchases. Cardholders earn 5X points for every dollar spent on social media, search engine advertising, and office supply stores. All other purchases with the card earn 3X points.
How to Redeem Points with IHG One Rewards
The best value of IHG points is when redeeming for reward nights – which is convenient since it’s likely why most businesses sought out the card in the first place. Reward Nights can be booked for as little as 10,000 points – but will vary depending on the hotel brand, city, and time of year. More realistic is the 30,000-point stay mentioned above.
IHG Points & Cash
IHG also allows for partial use of points through their Points & Cash program, which only requires a minimum of 5,000 points. Additionally, IHG One Rewards PointBreaks features special redemption deals at 5,000, 10,000, and 15,000-point levels. This can help companies stretch their Rewards Points even further.
Transfer to Select Partners
IHG One points also transfer to dozens of global airlines and other partners. Here are all the transfer partners:
|American Airlines AAdvantage
|El Al Israel Airlines
|Saudi Arabian Airlines
|South African Airways
|TAP Air Portugal
|Air New Zealand
|China Southern Airlines
|Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
|All Nippon Airways
|Velocity Frequent Flyer
Other Ways to Redeem
Beyond award nights and points transfers, the IHG® One program allows members to redeem points for:
- Merchandise, gift cards, and magazine subscriptions through the program’s extensive online catalog
- Donations to select charities
Do IHG Points Expire?
IHG One Rewards points expire after 12 months of inactivity on the account. There are no blackout dates with IHG One Rewards. Nearly all worldwide locations apply to awards, allowing for maximum freedom. Plus, the fourth night is free when you redeem points for four or more reward nights.
Automatic Platinum Elite Tier Status
The IHG One Rewards Rewards program is comprised of four levels (Club, Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, and Spire Elite). Each status tier offers better hotel-stay perks and bonus points as members move up membership levels.
One of the best features of the IHG Premier Business Mastercard is that cardholders can skip to the second-highest tier of the IHG One Rewards. Cardholders enjoy automatic Platinum Elite status. A non-cardholder would need to reach 40 Qualified Nights or 40,000 Elite Qualifying Points to achieve this status.
The most noteworthy perks exclusive to Platinum Elite members include:
- Elite rollover nights
- Complimentary room upgrades (subject to availability)
- 50% bonus earnings on top of base points (already included in the 26X points bonus)
Related Article: The Ultimate IHG One Guide
Other IHG & Travel Perks
Beyond the granting of Platinum status, the IHG One Rewards Premier Business Card offers a selection of IHG, travel, and other business features and perks that more than justify the card’s $99 annual fee. These features include:
- Cardholders earn an Anniversary Free Night certificate each year on their account anniversary. The Anniversary Free Night certificate is redeemable at IHG® Hotels & Resorts.
- Cardholders earn an additional Free Night certificate after spending $60,000 on purchases and making one additional purchase each calendar year.
- They’ll earn 10,000 bonus points and a $100 statement credit after spending $20,000 on qualifying purchases and making one additional purchase each calendar year.
- The ability to redeem 3 Nights, Get the 4th Night Freewhen cardholders redeem points for any stay of four or more nights at that same hotel during that same stay.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® statement credits
- Up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash each calendar
- World Elite Mastercard for Business benefits, including:
|ID theft Protection
|Global Emergency Services
|Car Rental Insurance
|Mastercard Airport Concierge
|Mastercard Receipt Management
|Mastercard Easy Savings®
|Intuit QuickBooks® and TurboTax®
|24/7 Business Assistant
|Mastercard Premium Easy Savings
|Mastercard Travel & Lifestyle Services
JP Morgan Chase and IHG Card Ratings
Should You Apply for the IHG One Rewards Premier Business Mastercard Credit Card?
The IHG® Rewards Premier Business Mastercard® is the first new business card to market from Chase and IHG in over a decade, but it seems worth that wait. The card offers all of the versatility of the personal version (the IHG Premier Mastercard) but with business perks through Chase and Mastercard that offer a streamlined approach for booking business travel.
The points with the card are impressive – as is the welcome offer. However, the card’s real value comes from the bevy of IHG-centric perks the card provides. The automatic Platinum Elite status (though the annual award night certificates don’t hurt either).
Ultimately, there isn’t much to dislike about the IHG One Rewards Premier Business Credit Card. The annual fee is modest, the points are plenty, and the perks are juicy. What’s not to like?
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.