- Reporting monthly to all three major credit reporting agencies
- All credit histories considered for this no security deposit credit card
- Perfect credit not required for approval; we may approve you when others won't
- Easy and secure online application
- Get the security and convenience of a full-featured, unsecured Visa® credit card - accepted at millions of merchant and ATM locations nationwide and online
- $300 credit limit (subject to available credit)
- Regular Purchase APR: See Terms
- Cash Advance APR: See Terms
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: See Terms
- Annual Fee: See Terms
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: See Terms
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: See Terms
- Spoil your pup with a FREE upgrade to BarkBox. - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on all Afternoon Tea orders - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on The Berlin Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The First Access Solid Black Visa® Credit Card is a great option for those who want a true Visa® credit card but don’t have perfect credit. Available after an easy online application, approval can be as fast as 60 seconds – and since your responsible card use is reported to the three major credit bureaus each month when used properly, this can be a valuable tool to build, or repair, your credit.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have poor credit, or no credit history
- Want a credit card with fast approval
- Will demonstrate responsible financial behavior to report to the credit bureaus
- Want a card that is accepted wherever Visa is accepted
First Access Solid Black VISA Credit Card Review
The Solid Black Visa® card from First Access is a no-frills, pared-down Visa® credit card designed specifically for applicants who have poor credit or no credit history at all. Approval is quick, thanks to a secure online application; results are provided in seconds. Although this card is designed for folks with little to no credit history, remember that approval is not guaranteed.
The First Access Solid Black card offers an APR that is slightly higher than many comparable cards on the market. This is likely due to the fact that most who apply for this card will be considered “high-risk” applicants. Additionally, there are fees associated with this card. These include a one-time fee to join the program, as well as an annual fee and a monthly service fee.
To make this offer more feasible, First Access waives your monthly service fee for the first year as an introductory bonus. After the first year, the monthly servicing fee will apply. In addition, the annual fee is reduced after the first year. So there’s a bit of a tradeoff: During your first year, you’ll pay a higher annual fee with no monthly service fee.
After your first year, you’ll pay a monthly service fee but a lower annual fee.
Should You Apply for the First Access Solid Black VISA Credit Card?
The Solid Black card is a true Visa® credit card; accepted by merchants across the USA and online, it’s a powerful tool that allows you to manage monthly payments, monitor your spending, and regularly update the three major credit bureaus as you demonstrate responsible financial behavior.
Cardholders can choose the card image they’d like for their card from a selection of six different pictures. Although a versatile card for anyone who needs to establish their credit, due to security reasons it cannot be used for purchases made with merchants outside the United States. Card use is subject to credit availability, based on your application.
Responsible use can lead to improved credit, which in turn can qualify you for better credit card offers – the power is yours; use it wisely!
Other Options to Consider
For those looking for other credit card options for bad credit, there are several other great offers from other credit card issuers. These options include:
The Milestone Gold Card is a popular option for repairing credit. The card features a fixed-rate APR, a low annual fee, and a quick qualification process. Like the Total Visa, Milestone also reports to the major credit bureaus every month.
- Choose your custom card design
- Free 24/7 online account access
- Quick pre-qualification with no impact to credit score
- Mastercard® Gold Benefits
- Regular Purchase APR: 24.9%
- Cash Advance APR: 29.9%
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $0 during the first year; after first year, either $5 or 5% of the amount of transaction
- Penalty APR: 29.9%
- Annual Fee: $35 to $99
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 1% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: Up to $40
The Reflex Mastercard is another popular option for unsecured credit cards for bad credit. The card offers a modest credit line that might be increased with on-time payments and responsible usage.
- See if you’re Pre-Qualified with no impact to your credit score
- Free access to your Vantage 3.0 score from TransUnion* (When you sign up for e-statements)
- Monthly reporting to the three major credit bureaus
- Use your card at locations everywhere Mastercard® is accepted
- Regular Purchase APR: See Terms*
- Cash Advance APR: See Terms*
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: See Terms*
- Annual Fee: See Terms*
- Foreign Transaction Fee: See Terms*
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: See Terms*
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: See Terms*