Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 27th, 2022
Casey's Visa Signature® Card
- Regular Purchase APR 14.24% to 18.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.24% to 18.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- Save up to 10 cents per gallon for the first 60 days
- Earn 4% on purchases at Casey's and 2% on all other purchases for first 60 days
- Earn 2% on purchases at Casey's locations and 1% on all other purchases
- Receive a Casey's Gift Card when you accumulate $20 in rebates
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.24% to 18.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.24% to 18.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either 3% of the amount of the transfer or $15, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either 3% of the amount of the advance or $15, whichever is greater$50 maximum
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2% of the transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
Save money at the pump and pay no annual fees with the Casey’s Visa Signature® Card. Issued by UMB Bank, the card provides 2% cash back on Casey’s purchases every day, with rewards automatically redeemed as Casey’s gift cards.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently purchase gasoline from Casey’s
- Have a small existing credit card balance they want to pay down
- Don’t like confusing award options
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Casey’s Visa Signature® Card Review
The Casey’s Visa Signature® Card is a gas rewards credit card from UMB Bank and Casey’s. The card offers savings at the pump at any of Casey’s more than 2,300 locations across 16 U.S. states.
Special Savings for the First 60 Days
Like any quality rewards card, the Casey’s Visa Signature comes with a selection of introductory welcome offers. First among these intro offers is up to 10 cents per gallon savings at Casey’s fuel centers.
That 10 cents in savings is a great feature that sadly doesn’t extend beyond the introductory window like many other fuel cards. The Buc-ee’s Mastercard, for example, offers 10 cents off every day, while the CITGO Rewards® Card offers five cents off per gallon every day.
New accounts also earn 4% cash back on Casey’s purchases and 2% on all other purchases for the first 60 days. That bonus is double what is on offer typically but still comes with the frustrating caveat of only running for the first two months of the account.
Earn 2% Back at Casey’s Every Day
Casey’s Visa Signature® Cardholders earn 2% back on purchases at Casey’s locations once the introductory savings period ends, plus 1% back on all other purchases made with the card.
The 2% back with Casey’s is nice but falls somewhat flat compared to the earnings rate with other comparable cards. The Ducks Unlimited Visa, for example, earns an unlimited 1.5% back on every purchase, while the Sheetz Visa provides 5% back in-store.
How to Redeem Rewards
Redeeming rewards with the Casey’s Visa Signature® Card couldn’t be more straightforward. Accountholders receive a Casey’s gift card every time their account reaches $20 in cash back rebates. There are no confusing award options, no concerns over points expiring, bathing. Spend $500 on gas at Casey’s in the first 60 days? Get a $20 Casey’s gift card – not bad.
Introductory APR on Balance Transfers
The card also features 0% intro APR on balance transfers (a feature of the Citi Rewards+® Card as well)– something rarely seen in other gas-centric credit cards. New accounts enjoy 12 months of 0% APR on transfers, followed by a variable APR starting as low as 14%. That APR also applies to purchases, and for excellent credit offers is around five percentage points below the national average for a gas rewards credit card.
Other Card Features
Other noteworthy features of the Casey’s Visa Signature® Card from UMB Bank include:
- No annual fee
- 2% foreign transaction fee
- Visa Zero Fraud Liability
- Travel Assistance Services, such as pre-trip planning, legal referrals and medical referrals
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Visa Signature Concierge
- Access to the Visa Luxury Hotels Collection
Should You Apply for the Casey’s Visa Signature® Card?
The Casey’s Visa Signature® Card from UMB Bank offers decent value to the Casey’s regular who prefers filling up at Casey’s or the brand is the closest station to work or home. The card offers 2% back on Casey’s purchases, plus 1% back elsewhere, with cardholders automatically receiving $20 Casey’s gift cards with every $20 in rewards accrued.
That cash back potential is doubled for the first 60 days – 4% back at Casey’s and 2% back elsewhere, plus 10 cents off each gallon of gas with Casey’s for the first two months. Add to that 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months and a competitive APR, and you have a quality gas rewards card that might not inspire excitement can bring savings.