Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Earn Unlimited 2% Rewards
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus for spending $4,500 within the first 3 months
- •Earn unlimited 2% cash back for your business on every purchase, everywhere, no limits or category restrictions
- $0 annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
- •Free employee cards, which also earn unlimited 2% cash back on all purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 20.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.4% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $0 intro for the first year, $95 thereafter
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
At a Glance
The Spark® Cash from Capital One® card does away with the tediousness of keeping track of the categories that earn you bonuses in favor of an unlimited 2% cash back on all purchases. Plus, enjoy a healthy introductory cash bonus offer of up to $2,000.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Do not want to worry about what categories you can earn cash back bonuses from
- Can see yourself spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Need a card that can be used during international travel
Spark® Cash from Capital One® Review
Business owners seeking a straightforward cash back bonus structure on their business spending can look to this card with confidence, as few offer the peace of mind for general expenditures like the Spark® Cash from Capital One® does. When you factor in the card’s lack of a foreign transaction fee, it also becomes a strong tool for companies with an established international reach.
How to Earn Cash Back Rewards
Earning rewards with the Spark® Cash from Capital One® is very straightforward. Companies earn unlimited 2% cash back on all purchases. With free employee cards, there’s no telling how much cash back businesses can earn!
New accounts also benefit from a one-time cash back bonus of $500 after making just $4,500 in purchases in the first three months. Since additional cards are free of charge, that’s a fairly simple goal for the average business.
How to Redeem Capital One Rewards
Cash back through the Spark® Cash is redeemable through the Capital One Rewards program. The program offers solid value for money and features several different award options to choose from. These options include:
- Statement credits
- Gift Cards
- Points transfers with select partners
The obvious redemption option for those who get the card will likely be statement credits. After all, they chose the Spark® Cash Card, not the Spark Miles. Still, they will find significant value with this reward option. Plus, as the rewards earned with the Spark® Cash from Capital One® card do not expire, the race to decide what to redeem those points for is no longer an issue.
Other Card Features
The card also provides a variety of security, purchase, and business tools to help out. These include Zero Fraud Liability, Auto rental damage waiver, and year-end summaries. The card also comes with easy-to-use accounting tools – simply download purchase records quickly in Quicken®, Quickbooks™, and Excel® for seamless bookkeeping.
Should You Apply for the Spark® Cash from Capital One®?
Is the Spark® Cash from Capital One® worth it? If your company loves to put spending on the company card, and you’ll likely make at least $4,500 in purchases within the first three months, the answer is probably yes. The 2% cash back on a purchase is exceptional value for money, as is the $500 signup bonus.
The Spark Cash isn’t for businesses that prefer to carry a balance. The fixed-rate APR is very high, making to punishing for those who don’t pay their statement in full every month. This, of course, isn’t the role of a rewards card anyways. For companies that want a card that pays them back when they pay in full, the Spark® Cash from Capital One® is an excellent option.