Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 1st, 2021
BMW Motorrad World Mastercard
Earn 5,000 Bonus BMW Reward Points
- Regular Purchase APR 15.24% to 24.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.24% to 24.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn up to 4X points per $1 on eligible purchases
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months
- No annual fee
- Get 25% more from your rewards when you redeem points for a BMW Rewards Card
- Redeem rewards for travel, merchandise, cash back, or a monthly bike payment
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.24% to 24.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months on transfers made within 30 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.24% to 24.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Exclusive tableware and home d?cor items from porcelain - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Go on a guided truffle-hunting expedition in the Motovun Forest - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Embark on a journey through the city of the Iron Throne - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Discover Agra beyond the Taj Mahal on a virtual tour - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Play the Hidden Network of Private Courses - Offer Expires on December 31, 2022 - See Details
- Marvel at a celebrity stylist's star-studded fashion collection - Offer Expires on June 01, 2021 - See Details
- Embark on a virtual trip to the Banaras' ghats, Sarnath, and more - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Get a glimpse into India's history through the Gujarati thali - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The BMW Motorrad World MasterCard is an exceptional rewards credit card for the motorcycle enthusiast who wants to pamper their bike without paying an annual fee. The card earns 4X points on BMW Motorrad purchases, 3X points on gas station purchases, and 2X points on dining. The card also boasts 25% more redemption value on BMW Motorrad award options, including eligible purchases, services, and loan/lease payments.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Own a BMW motorcycle
- Have their motorcycle loan or lease through BMW Bank of North America
- Want to finance a significant purchase over the next 12 months
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
BMW Motorrad World Mastercard Review
There aren’t a ton of great credit cards for motorcycle enthusiasts out there. Sure, there’s the Harley Davidson Card and a few others, but the value is always somewhat lacking. Thankfully, the new BMW Motorrad World Mastercard, from U.S. Bank and issued by Elan Financial Services, fills that void nicely. The card features enhanced points on BMW Motorrad purchases, plus gas station and dining purchases – all for no annual fee.
How to Earn Rewards
Like other BMW credit cards, the BMW Motorrad Card is an auto rewards card that earns extra points on purchases on BMW Motorrad products and services. The card earns 4X points on BMW Motorrad dealership purchases, making it the ideal companion the motorcycle lover that wants their bike to look – and run – its best.
The Motorrad card also earns additional reward points on gas station purchases and restaurants. The reward rate is 3X points on gas station purchases and 2X on restaurant purchases, respectively. All other purchases earn a flat rate of a single point per dollar spent, with no limit to the number of points a cardholder can earn.
Two Impressive Introductory Bonuses
The BMW Motorrad World Mastercard also provides two introductory offers. The first of these bonuses is 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 billing cycles. A full year without interest charges on purchases makes the BMW Motorrad Card the perfect accessory for the BMW bike owner, who is expecting a significant maintenance bill or bike upgrade in the future.
The second introductory offer is 5,000 bonus points after spending $500 on purchases within the first 90 days of account opening. The 5,000 bonus BMW Motorrad Rewards Points is a welcome feature, helping supercharge the already quality points-earning potential of the card.
How to Redeem BMW Motorrad Rewards Points
BMW Motorrad Rewards Points are the currency of the BMW Motorrad Mastercard, and points apply to several award options:
- BMW Motorrad purchases and dealership services
- Loan or lease payments
- Cash back
The best redemption value lies with BMW Motorrad purchases and services. The card provides 25% more points value when choosing this option, which is excellent news for those who love to spend on their BMW motorcycle.
Other reward options provide lower value. Still, the ability to select from multiple redemption options for points is welcome news – especially as most auto rewards credit cards are designed only for use with specific dealerships or brands.
Other Card Features
Like other U.S. Bank BMW credit cards, the BMW Motorrad Mastercard is a World Mastercard product, meaning cardholders can anticipate a higher level of service and protection. Here is a quick rundown of the enhanced benefits of the World Mastercard:
- World VIP Concierge: 24/7 concierge service for airports, travel, and any other concerns.
- Mastercard Luxury Hotel Collection: Complimentary upgrades, late checkout, and more at over 2,000 properties worldwide.
- Cell Phone Protection: $1,000 in coverage per year ($600 per claim) if your phone is lost, stolen, or broken. Cardholders must pay their phone bill with an eligible card. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free ShopRunner membership
- Mastercard ID Theft Protection
- Zero Fraud Liability
- Global Emergency Services
Beyond these Mastercard-centric perks, BMW Motorrad Credit Cardholders will also enjoy EMV chip technology, mobile wallet compatibility with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay, and a helpful, BMW Motorrad mobile app that allows users to redeem their BMW Motorrad Rewards Points anywhere they want instantly.
These perks are standard with other BMW credit cards. Still, they combine to provide an enticing overall package. Less enticing, however, is the 3% foreign transaction fee. While a 3% isn’t extortionate (unless you make a huge transaction), the fact that the card is a World Mastercard means it would have been preferable – and maybe even expected – for it to charge no foreign transaction fees.
Should You Apply for the BMW Motorrad World Mastercard?
The BMW Motorrad Mastercard is a great credit card for the BMW Motorrad (motorcycle) owner and enthusiast. While this is a tiny subset of the American consumer base, for those individuals, the card offers plenty of value.
The ability to earn 3X points on gas is particularly appealing – making the card the perfect accessory for the daily commute – and the weekend road trip on their bike. Plus, the 25% reward bonus on BMW Motorrad purchases rewards users who want to pamper their bike – but don’t want to pay an annual fee.