| Last updated on October 18th, 2023
MINI World Mastercard
MINI World Mastercard
- 20.49% to 29.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 20.49% to 29.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 12 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Mini World Mastercard is a versatile auto and gas rewards credit card for the Mini enthusiast. The card earns an impressive 4X points on Mini purchases, 3X points on gas, and 2X on dining – all for no annual fee. The card also benefits from a lengthy 0% introductory APR period on both purchases and balance transfers.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn up to 4X points per $1 on eligible purchases
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months
- No annual fee
- Get 25% more value on your rewards when you redeem points for a MINI Rewards Card
- Redeem points for travel, merchandise, cash back, or a loan/lease payment
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.49% to 29.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months on transfers made within 30 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 20.49% to 29.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: Up to 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- You own a Mini vehicle or are thinking about purchasing one soon
- You prefer to use rewards points for vehicle maintenance, upgrades, or branded accessories
- You spend heavily on gas station purchases
- You do't want to pay an annual fee
Mini Mastercard Review
Don’t let the name fool you; the Mini Mastercard is big on rewards. The credit card, from U.S. Bank and issued by Elan Financial Services, is the latest entry to the auto rewards credit card market and features enhanced points earning on Mini purchases, as well as gas station and dining purchases – all with no annual fee.
Decent Introductory Bonuses
The Mini Mastercard also provides two introductory offers:
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 billing cycles
- 5,000 bonus points after spending $500 on purchases within the first 90 days of opening an account
The 5,000 bonus Mini Rewards Points is a welcome feature, especially given that redemptions for Mini purchases come with a 25% bonus (more on that later). Additionally, a full year on 0% APR on purchases makes the Mini Card the perfect accessory for the Mini owner planning to supercharge their car or simply expecting a major maintenance bill soon.
How to Earn Rewards
Like other auto rewards cards from the BMW portfolio of credit cards, the Mini Card earns bonus points on purchases of Mini products and services. The card earns 4X points on Mini dealership purchases and service transactions, which makes it ideal for the Mini owner who likes to accessorize and service their Mini directly with their dealership.
The card also earns bonus points on gas station purchases and dining. The rewards rate is 3X points on gas station purchases and 2X on restaurant purchases, respectively. All other purchases earn a flat rate of 1X points per dollar spent.
How to Redeem Mini Rewards Points
Mini Rewards Points are the currency of the Mini Mastercard, and points apply to several award options:
|Mini dealership services
|Loan and lease payments
As mentioned, the best redemption value lies with Mini purchases and services. The card provides 25% more points value when choosing this option, which is excellent news for those who love to spend on their Mini.
Other reward options provide lower value. Still, the ability to select from multiple redemption options for points is welcome news – especially as most auto rewards credit cards are designed only for use with specific dealerships or brands.
How do the redemption values differ? Using Mini’s own calculator, 30,000 Mini Rewards Points equates to a $300 cash back value. Choosing to use your points on a Mini purchase, however, that value jumps to $375 – not bad.
Other Important Features of the Mini Mastercard
The Mini Mastercard is a World Mastercard product, meaning cardholders can anticipate a higher level of service and protection. What can Mini World Mastercard holders expect? Here is a quick rundown of the enhanced benefits of the World Mastercard:
|Zero liability protection
|ID theft protection
|Mastercard Travel Services
|Mastercard Global Services
|Mastercard Hotel Stay Guarantee
Beyond these Mastercard-centric perks, Mini Credit Cardholders will also enjoy EMV chip technology, mobile wallet compatibility with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay, and a helpful, Mini mobile app allowing users to instantly redeem their Mini Rewards Points anywhere they want.
Elan Financial Ratings
How does Elan stack up as a credit card issuer? Here is a selection of ratings for the bank:
Should You Apply for the Mini World Mastercard?
The Mini Mastercard is a great credit card for the Mini owner and enthusiast. Beyond that scope, the card has minimal appeal for the broader consumer range. While 4X points on Mini purchases are excellent (as is 3X on gas station purchases and 2X on dining), it only works for those with a Mini.
Obviously, if you own a Mini (or are considering purchasing one), this criticism is moot. After all, a Mini-branded credit card is geared towards a specific subset of potential applicants.
For those individuals, the Mini Card offers value in huge power in a small package – much like the car that bears its name. The ability to earn 3X points on gas is particularly appealing – making the card the perfect accessory for the daily commute. And, the 25% reward bonus on Mini purchases rewards users who like to pamper their prized vehicle – all with no annual fee.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.