Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card
10,000 Bonus Miles After Spending $500 in the First 3 Months
- Regular Purchase APR 15.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Processing Network American Express
- 2X miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta,
- 2X miles per dollar spent at restaurants worldwide
- 1X miles per dollar spent on other eligible purchases
- Pay with Miles
- Complimentary ShupRunner membership
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
Frequent travelers who are still up in the air about which credit card may suit them best should consider what the Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express brings to the table.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel often and wish to earn 2X miles at U.S. restaurants and on Delta purchases
- Want to save 20% on Delta in-flight purchases such as food, beverages, and headphones
- Are likely to make $500 in purchases with this card within the first THREE months of the account opening to qualify for 10,000 bonus miles
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee or a foreign transaction fee
Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card Review
Whether flying for business or pleasure, the Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card rewards you with miles for dining out or making Delta purchases.
How to Earn Miles
The Blue SkyMiles Card earns 2X miles on purchases made directly with Delta or at U.S. restaurants. This earning potential is a great bonus for those who want to earn a healthy amount fo SkyMiles but don’t want to pay the annual fee that comes from other co-branded cards from Delta and American Express. All other purchases with the card earn 1X miles.
Signup Bonus Miles
Cardholders can also earn 10,000 bonus miles if they make $500 in purchases in the first three months of opening an account. While 10,000 miles isn’t a huge haul, these miles come from just 4500 ins pending, making them a very simple-to-achieve introductory offer.
Other Card Features
For a no annual fee card, several quality perks come with the Blue Delta SkyMiles® Card. Most noteworthy amongst these benefits is no foreign transaction fees. Cardholders also enjoy the same 20% in-flight discount on Delta purchases that come from many other SkyMiles credit cards.
Other features of note include:
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
- Global Assist Hotline
- Extended Warranty protection
- Purchase protection
- AMEX entertainment Access
- Complimentary ShopRunner membership
How to Redeem Miles
Miles are redeemable not only on Delta but also on 30 additional airline partners through the SkyTeam Alliance. Cardholders can also use miles for hotel bookings, car rentals, statement credits, or several other options.
Holders also have the option of paying with miles, which allows them to sue miles to purchase part of the cost of flights, hotels, or other purchases at Delta.com.
Should You Apply for the Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card?
While the rewards-earning potential of the Blue Delta SkyMiles® from American Express is impressive, there are some drawbacks that potential applicants should consider. Chief amongst those worries is the limited acceptance of AMEX outside of North America. Of course, American Express credit cards are gaining more traction, with over 995 of U.S. merchants accepting the network. But, outside of Western Europe and some Asian countries, AMEX still lags behind Visa or Mastercard.
Despite this flaw, however, the Blue Delta SkyMiles is an excellent value for those who prefer Delta or SkyTeam, and want to earn solid miles without an annual fee. The perks aren’t the same as you’d get with the Platinum version of the card, but nor should they be. For those who want a quality card at a great price, however, this is a great option to consider.