Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card
Get Instant $70 Amazon.com Gift Card Upon Approval
- Regular Purchase APR 14.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Instant $70 Amazon.com gift card on approval
- 5% back at Amazon.com and Whole Foods
- 2% back at restaurants and gas stations,
- 1% back on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- No foreign transaction fees
- Only eligible to those with an Amazon Prime membership
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: N/A
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Minimum Deposit Required: N/A
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The London Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Barcelona Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Bangkok Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature® Card offers cardholders impressive rewards on all Amazon.com and Whole Foods purchases, as well as 2% cash back at gas stations, drug stores, and restaurants. While the card has no annual fee, it does require membership Amazon Prime to get the best rewards.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently shop at Amazon or Whole Foods
- Are an existing Amazon Prime Member
- Want a card with no foreign transaction fees and Visa concierge services for their travel plans
- ·Want a flexible rewards program
- Want the excellent customer service Amazon is known for
Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card Review
The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature is a credit card that is equally at home in the jungle that is Amazon.com as it is on the streets of the urban jungles of New York, Paris, Milan, or anywhere else Visa is accepted. But what’s the difference between the Amazon.com Store Card vs. the Visa? Here’s what you need to know about the Amazon credit card differences.
Amazon Prime Required to Receive Best Rewards
While the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature® Card doesn’t have an annual fee for cardholders, it does require them to have an active subscription to Amazon Prime to receive the best reward-earning rate. Membership with Prime does have its benefits, including free shipping, special members-only discounts, and access to millions of films, television shows, and more. However, this is still an additional cost that those considering applying for this card must consider – a charge that equates to over $100 per year.
An annual fee of over $100 may seem off-putting, especially as most store cards feature no annual fee, but as it is for Amazon Prime and not the card per se, cardholders get significant value for money with that fee. Prime members receive free two-day shipping on eligible orders, access to Prime Video and Prime Music streaming services, and much more as part of their membership.
Savings at Amazon.com and Whole Foods
That said, those approved for the Amazon Prime Chase Card can expect substantial rewards on both Amazon and Whole Foods purchases. Cardholders who are Prime members receive 5% back on all purchases at Amazon.com and Whole Foods (non-Prime members earn 3% back), as well as 2% cash back at all drug stores, gas stations, and restaurants, and 1% cash back on all other purchases. When approved, new members will also receive a $70 Amazon gift card as a welcome bonus.
While you need Prime membership with the card, the cost of the membership is more than made up for with great rewards at both Amazon and Whole Foods. Since Prime members receive free two-day shipping on all eligible orders, adding 5% back on purchases means shopping without leaving the comforts of home becomes even easier. This simplicity when shopping is boosted thanks to the rolling-out of free delivery of Whole Foods products from Prime members.
How to Redeem Rewards
All Amazon Chase points accrued with the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature® Card are redeemable towards eligible Amazon purchases, cash back through Chase Bank (either as a statement credit or into available savings or checking account) or redeemed for gift cards or travel. It’s easy to redeem points with the Chase Amazon Visa: login to your Amazon account, place items in your shopping cart, and choose to pay with points – it’s that easy! However, note that rewards are subject to both minimum and maximums amounts, unlike other available rewards credit cards.
Amazon Prime Credit Card Benefits
As with other Visa Signature® offerings, the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card provides both shopping and travel protections for cardholders. These security features include reimbursement for lost luggage, car rental damage waivers, and roadside assistance.
Holders also receive purchase and extended warranty protection – meaning you never have to worry about reaching into your pocket for a defective product. Cardholders are eligible for Visa’s Signature® concierge service, which offers exclusive access to bookings at Visa’s Signature® Luxury Hotel Collection – not a bad perk for those who travel often.
Should You Apply for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card?
Wondering to yourself, “is the Amazon Prime credit card worth it?” Overall, the Amazon Prime Visa Signature Card is a reliable option to consider. For those who are big spenders at Amazon or Whole Foods, the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature® Card is a competitive rewards card that offers impressive benefits at select Amazon vendors. The card also benefits from its lack of a foreign transaction fee and its decent APR for those with excellent credit scores. aFor those with poor credit, the Amazon Credit Builder is another option to consider.
Sure, the Amazon Prime Card has a backdoor annual fee in that it requires a Prime Subscription to get holders the best cash back rewards, but Amazon Prime offers exceptional value for money for members. Beyond the increase to 5% back on purchases (over 3%) members access to both music and video streaming services, free shipping, members-only exclusive deals, and more. Given these perks – and the 2% extra back on all purchases with Amazon and Whole Foods – the extra $100-plus a year seems like a steal.
The ability to earn additional cash back with every other purchase (including 2% back at drug stores, restaurants, and gas stations) plus Visa Signature perks and protections, makes Amazon Prime Chase Card an excellent option for the frequent Amazon or Whole Foods shopper who wants everyday value and savings in one convenient package.