Last updated on May 2nd, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
- 18.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 18.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.74% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
Ideal for frequent Amazon.com shoppers, the Amazon Visa Signature Card offers a generous cash back earning rate in exchange for constant use at the online retailer.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Get an Amazon.com gift card upon account approval
- Earn 3% back on Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market purchases, plus on purchases made through Chase Travel.
- Earn 2% back on purchases at restaurants, gas stations, and drug stores, plus on local transit and commuting, including rideshare.
- Earn 1% back on all other purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- You have an Amazon.com account but don’t have Amazon Prime or Prime Rewards
- You shop frequently at Amazon.com or Whole Foods Market
- You're looking for a versatile credit card that will earn cash back rewards across a variety of shopping categories
- You use a credit card regularly to make purchases at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores
Amazon VisaTerms & Conditions
Amazon Visa Signature Card Review
With Amazon’s rise showing no signs of stopping, these days it’s difficult to find a person who doesn’t shop at the retail giant. If you’re one of the majority, considering the Amazon Visa Signature Card might be worthwhile.
Soon after account approval, you’ll be gifted an Amazon.com Gift Card, automatically loaded into your Amazon.com account.
Earn with Amazon Purchases
Though you can use the Amazon Visa Signature everywhere Visa cards are accepted, you’ll be doing yourself the biggest favor by setting it as your default payment method at Amazon.com, where every purchase earns you 3% back. You can also earn 3% back at Whole Foods Market locations, as well as at the grocer’s online shopping portal within Amazon.com.
Earn with All Other Purchases
Purchases on local transit and commuting (including rideshares), plus at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores will also net you a heightened cash back rate at 2% back for every $1 spent, while all other shopping transactions earn 1% back. Regardless of how you choose to earn your points, all accumulated rewards can be redeemed via Amazon.com’s Shop with Points feature. There’s no minimum amount required for redemption – you can use your points to pay for part of a purchase – and practically any item in the virtual storefront is eligible.
The Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card performs best when used at Amazon.com, but you can also use it with confidence when shopping abroad, as there are no foreign transaction fees. There is also no annual fee, making the card all the more appealing.
How Do the Chase Amazon Credit Cards Stack Up?
|Rewards||Earn 5% back on Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market purchases||Earn 3% back on Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market purchases|
|Earn 5% back on purchases made through Chase Travel||Earn 3% back on purchases made through Chase Travel|
|Earn 3% back on purchases at restaurants, gas stations, and drug stores||Earn 2% back on purchases at restaurants, gas stations, and drug stores|
|Earn 2% back on local transit and commuting, including rideshare.||Earn 2% back on local transit and commuting, including rideshare.|
|Earn 1% back on all other purchases||Earn 1% back on all other purchases|
|Annual fee||No annual fee||No annual fee|
FAQs About the Amazon Visa
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding the Chase Amazon Cards, along with the answers:
- Chase credit cards require a good or excellent credit score to qualify, meaning they provide exceptional protections and benefits. These perks include:
- Roadside Dispatch
- Zero Fraud Liability
- Rental car insurance
- Travel and accident emergency assistance
- And more
- The easiest way to check your card’s balance is through the JP Morgan Chase mobile app – available in all major app stores.
- Chase Bank uses Experian for checking credit scores and gauging applications.
- Chase’s 5/24 rule means that you can’t be approved for most Chase cards if you’ve opened five or more personal credit cards (from any card issuer) within the past 24 months.
- Chase credit cards typically require a FICO credit score of 670 or higher for approval.
- You must be 18 years old to apply for a credit card.
- You can speak with a Chase customer service representative at 1 (800) 432-3117
- If you need to dispute a charge, contact Chase’s dispute line at 1-800-955-9060
- Yes, Chase’s Amazon credit cards are metal, meaning they are one of the easiest ways to get a metal credit card without an annual fee.
- About a week.
- Yes, Chase reports on the account, meaning authorized users also gain credit for good spending habits.
JP Morgan Chase and Amazon Card Ratings
How does the Amazon Visa stack up? Here is a selection of expert reviews for the card, as well as an overview of JP Morgan Chase as a bank:
|BestCards||Better Business Bureau||TrustPilot|
Should You Apply for the Amazon Visa Credit Card?
The Amazon Visa Signature makes sense for those who only occasionally use Amazon for purchases, but want to earn additional rewards when shopping at Whole Foods. For those individuals, the card offers exceptional value. For those who do shop at Amazon, however, or make use of Prime for things like TV shows, music, or even Audible, the Prime Visa Signature® Card makes much more sense.