Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on September 3rd, 2021
Allegiant World Mastercard®
Earn 15,000 Bonus Points ($150 Value)
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 18.99% to 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $59
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 3 points per $1 on Allegiant purchases (air, hotel, car rental and attractions)
- 2 points per $1 on qualifying dining purchases
- 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- No blackout dates, destination restrictions, or minimum points redemption
- Complimentary priority boarding and one free beverage on Allegiant flights
- Buy one, get one free airfare with purchase of a vacation package from Allegiant
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 18.99% to 28.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $59
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $29
At a Glance
The Allegiant World Mastercard® is a good value for those who frequently fly with Allegiant and can make the most of the card given its $59 annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel often
- Frequently book trips with Allegiant
- Are looking to earn rewards redeemable for award flights and other perks
- Want a card with no foreign transaction fees
Allegiant World Mastercard® Review
The Allegiant World Mastercard® rewards low budget vacation lovers with impressive rewards and a selection on carrier-specific perks.
How to Earn Rewards
The Allegiant World Mastercard earns decent reward points with every purchase. Cardholders earn 3X points on Allegiant purchases. This means that any spending with Allegiant, be it airfare, hotel bookings, car rentals, or attractions, receive three points for every dollar spent. Cardholders also earn 2X points on dining purchases and 1X points on all other purchases.
Introductory Bonus Points
The Allegiant Card also comes with an enticing signup bonus: 15,000 points. This bonus requires a $1,000 spend within the first 90 minutes, which is an acceptable – but not exceptional – offer worth $150 towards Allegiant travel.
How to Redeem Rewards
Redeeming points with the Allegiant World Mastercard is a straightforward process. Points apply towards award flights, car rentals, and hotel packages through Allegiant.
Redemption options, however, do come with some limitations and restrictions. Chief among these restrictions is that Allegiant does not allow the booking of hotels only with points. Hotel bookings must be made in conjunction with award flights, limiting the value cardholders receive.
There are no blackout dates when booking award travel, however, which is a positive.
Other Card Features
- Priority Boarding: Showing the Allegiant card when flying with the carrier gives the cardholder complimentary priority boarding. They’ll also receive one free drink every time they fly with Allegiant.
- Buy One, Get One Free: Purchase any vacation package from Allegiant, which consists of four or more hotel nights or seven or more rental car days on the same itinerary and get the second one free.
- No foreign transaction fees
Should You Apply for the Allegiant World Mastercard®?
The Allegiant World Mastercard® is a pretty good airline rewards card when all things are considered.
For those that frequently book with Allegiant, booking an entire trip package through Allegiant with four or more hotel nights or seven or more days of car rentals on the same itinerary means they can receive a buy one, get one free flight offer through Allegiant. The benefits don’t stop there, however: cardholders also receive a complimentary beverage and priority boarding when they fly with Allegiant and show their Allegiant World Mastercard.
For all the strengths of the card, however, some things hamper its potential. Cardholders may only redeem points for flights, car rentals, and hotel stays with Allegiant. They can’t use miles for other options found with competitor rewards cards. Also, you can’t use points for hotel stays only. The $59 annual fee is also a tad on the high side when compared to other similar cards. Many of those cards offer no annual fees.
Overall, however, the Allegiant World Mastercard is a decent airline rewards card for those who often travel with Allegiant. With no blackout dates and good points-earning potential, if you are looking for sound U.S. airline card, give this one a second look.