Capital One has finally launched the hotly anticipated Venture X Card. The new travel rewards card features a dizzying welcome offer of 100,000 miles, up to 10X miles per dollar spent on eligible purchases, lounge access, and more for an equally impressive $395 annual fee. Here is everything you need to know about the new Capital One Venture X Rewards Card.
Capital One Venture X Now Live to Applicants
The Capital One Venture X
is the first entry into ultra-premium credit cards from Capital One
. The card, which was subject to rumors for months, was finally confirmed last week. Now, the Venture X Card is live for new applicants.
The Capital One Venture X features a steep $395 annual fee. This fee places the card firmly in the same stratosphere as other ultra-premium luxury cards, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve
, U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve
, UBS Visa Infinite
, and even the Platinum Card from American Express
. Given the impressive company the Venture X keeps, the card needs an amazing selection of benefits to hold its own.
About the Capital One Venture X Card
Fortunately, the card is more than up to the task, starting with its impressive sign-up bonus. New accounts earn a huge 100,000 miles after spending (an equally huge) $10,000 on purchases within the first six months. Accountholders also enjoy 10,000 bonus miles each year on their account anniversary – a $100 travel bonus.
The Venture X earns bonus miles on the types of categories you’d expect from a top-shelf travel rewards card
. Cardholders earn accelerated rewards on the following purchases:
- 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked via Capital One Travel
- 5X miles on flights booked via Capital One Travel
- 2X miles on all other purchases
Impressive Travel Perks
Earning miles is great, but it’s the luxury afforded to travelers when redeeming those miles that are of critical importance. Here, the Venture X shines.
Cardholders enjoy a great selection of travel perks, including:
- Capital One Lounge access for the cardholder and up to two guests
- Priority Pass Select membership (including up to two guests, free of charge)
- Up to a $300 credit annually credit for bookings made on Capital One Travel
- Up to $100 in statement credits for either TSA PreCheck or Global Entry application fees every four years
- Limited time $200 in statement credits for vacation rental purchases like Airbnb and VRBO
- Hertz President’s Circle status for primary cardholders authorized users and account managers
What makes these perks particularly impressive is that they apply to the primary accountholder and authorized users. Even better, Capital One allows up to four additional cardholders, free of charge. That impressive feature isn’t available on the Platinum Card, Sapphire Reserve, or other options.
First impressions are tough to break – and first impressions with the Venture X are impressive. The card offers huge potential for the dedicated traveler who wants a premium credit card with premium perks – but can’t justify the steep annual fees of cards like the Amex Platinum.
For a more detailed analysis of the Capital One Venture X, including how it stacks up against the competition, please check out our comprehensive review: