Capital One Venture X Now Live to ApplicantsThe Capital One Venture X is the first entry into ultra-premium credit cards from Capital One. The card, which was subject to rumors for months, was finally confirmed last week. Now, the Venture X Card is live for new applicants. The Capital One Venture X features a steep $395 annual fee. This fee places the card firmly in the same stratosphere as other ultra-premium luxury cards, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve, UBS Visa Infinite, and even the Platinum Card from American Express. Given the impressive company the Venture X keeps, the card needs an amazing selection of benefits to hold its own.
About the Capital One Venture X CardFortunately, the card is more than up to the task, starting with its impressive sign-up bonus. New accounts earn a huge 100,000 miles after spending (an equally huge) $10,000 on purchases within the first six months. Accountholders also enjoy 10,000 bonus miles each year on their account anniversary – a $100 travel bonus. The Venture X earns bonus miles on the types of categories you’d expect from a top-shelf travel rewards card. Cardholders earn accelerated rewards on the following purchases:
- 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked via Capital One Travel
- 5X miles on flights booked via Capital One Travel
- 2X miles on all other purchases
Impressive Travel PerksEarning miles is great, but it’s the luxury afforded to travelers when redeeming those miles that are of critical importance. Here, the Venture X shines. Cardholders enjoy a great selection of travel perks, including:
- Capital One Lounge access for the cardholder and up to two guests
- Priority Pass Select membership (including up to two guests, free of charge)
- Up to a $300 credit annually credit for bookings made on Capital One Travel
- Up to $100 in statement credits for either TSA PreCheck or Global Entry application fees every four years
- Limited time $200 in statement credits for vacation rental purchases like Airbnb and VRBO
- Hertz President’s Circle status for primary cardholders authorized users and account managers
First ImpressionsFirst impressions are tough to break – and first impressions with the Venture X are impressive. The card offers huge potential for the dedicated traveler who wants a premium credit card with premium perks – but can’t justify the steep annual fees of cards like the Amex Platinum. For a more detailed analysis of the Capital One Venture X, including how it stacks up against the competition, please check out our comprehensive review:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.