Last updated on February 27th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Williams Sonoma Key Rewards Visa
Williams Sonoma Key Rewards Visa
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Williams Sonoma Key Rewards Visa Signature offers up to 5% cash back rewards with seven brands in the Williams Sonoma portfolio. The card. which also earns 4% back on dining and groceries, is the replacement for the old Williams Sonoma Visa from Comenity Bank.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No annual fee
- Earn 5% back online and in stores across seven brands
- Earn 4% back at grocery stores and restaurants (excludes fast food)
- Earn 1% Back on all other purchases
- 10% back across seven brands for your first 30 days from account opening.
- Special 12-month promotional financing on purchases of $750 or more
- Free standard shipping at Williams Sonoma brands
- Regular Purchase APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts to your account at a promotional APR that we may offer you. None for balances transferred at the Transfer APR.
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You frequently shop at Williams Sonoma brand stores, either online or in-store
- You want a store card that also earns rewards on groceries and dining
- You don’t want to pay an annual fee and have excellent credit
The Williams Sonoma Key Rewards Visa Signature Card Review
The Williams Sonoma Key Rewards Visa Signature is a co-branded retail and cash back rewards credit card that unlocks savings at the seven brands in the Williams Sonoma portfolio, including the eponymous Williams Sonoma and Williams Sonoma Home. The card offers up to 5% back on select purchases; double cash back welcome bonus for new account holders, Pottery Barn exclusive discounts, special financing, and more.
How to Earn Rewards
The Williams Sonoma Visa offers enhanced cash back rewards with the seven brands that make up the Williams Sonoma family of brands. Beyond Williams Sonoma and Williams Sonoma Home, the card earns 5% cash back on purchases at the following retailers, both online and in-store:
- Pottery Barn
- Pottery Barn Teen
- Pottery Barn Kids
- Mark & Graham
- West Elm
New accounts also enjoy a special introductory bonus of 10% back across seven brands for their first 30 days from account opening. This bonus essentially doubles the potential earning power of the card – but only for the first month, so new cardholders must act fast to maximize their savings.
The card earns 4% cash back on groceries and dining purchases, with all other purchases earning a base rate of 1% back. Keep in mind that the 4% back on dining does not include fast food but does include food delivery services. Additionally, grocery store purchases do not include gas station or convenience store purchases or groceries purchased from large box stores like Walmart or Target.
How to Redeem Rewards with the Williams Sonoma Key Rewards Visa Signature
The only redemption option for the cash back the four Key Rewards credit cards earns is a reward certificate, redeemable in $20 denominations. Every $20 of Rewards cardholders earn will receive a $20 rewards certificate following 30 days. These rewards are sent automatically and apply only to future purchases with the card or member account at all Williams-Sonoma brands.
While the lack of redemption options might be frustrating, the card offers significant value for those who prioritize savings with a particular brand but want the purchasing power of Visa.
Special Williams Sonoma Benefits
The Williams Sonoma Key Rewards Card also comes with a suite of special perks for cardholders, including special promotional financing. Cardholders enjoy 12-month promotional financing on $750 or more purchases with the seven brands in the Williams Sonoma portfolio. Keep in mind that any purchases that are made using the promotional financing option do not earn cash back rewards, however.
Cardholders also enjoy free standard shipping on Williams Sonoma purchases and earn a $25 birthday reward via email on their birthday. Other Williams Sonoma benefits include:
- Early access to promotions
- Sneak peeks of new collections
- Cross-brand design services with Design Crew, including a free consultation with design experts
Competitive Interest Rates
Retail credit cards feature higher-than-average interest rates than other rewards credit cards – and the Key Rewards Visa lineup follows this pattern. The Williams Sonoma Key Rewards Card features a fixed-rate APR of around 25% for purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances. While 25% seems high, that rate is in line with the average APR for retail credit cards – currently just under 25.5%.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the card include:
- No annual fee
- Zero Fraud Liability
- Visa Signature Concierge
- Roadside Dispatch
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Cardholder Inquiry Services
Should You Apply for the Capital One Williams Sonoma Key Rewards Visa Signature Card?
The new Williams Sonoma Key Rewards Visa Signature Card offers a significant upgrade versus the old Comenity version of the card. That card offered the same 5% back on Williams Sonoma purchases as the new Key Rewards Visa and 6% back on dining – but only for a limited time.
On the other hand, the Capital One Williams Sonoma Key Rewards Visa Signature Card offers 4% back on dining and groceries. That rate is forever – and not just for a limited time only. Beyond that, the new card offers Williams Sonoma exclusive discounts and perks, including special financing for a year on select purchases, a 2X welcome bonus for the first 30 days, a $25 birthday reward, and more.
Overall, the Williams Sonoma Key Rewards Visa Signature Card is a versatile retail card that deserves a place in the wallet of the Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, West Elm, or another brand fan – provided they have excellent credit and prefer store-centric rewards versus general cash back or travel rewards cards.