Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card
Earn 20,000 Bonus Points
- Regular Purchase APR 14.49% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.49% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.49% to 27.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 12 months from account opening
- Processing Network American Express
- Earn 3X points on dining, travel, gas stations, and streaming services
- Earn 1 rewards point per U.S. dollar spent on other purchases
- Rewards points earning is unlimited and points do not expire as long as your account remains open
- Enjoy cell phone protection against damage or theft when you pay your monthly cell phone bill with your eligible Wells Fargo credit card
- Receive complimentary discounts or food and beverage items at participating restaurants
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.49% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months on qualifying transfers made within 120 days from account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.49% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Introductory $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater, for 120 days from account opening. After that, up to 5% for each transfer, with a minimum of $5
- Cash Advance APR: 25.49% to 27.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
At a Glance
The Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card is designed for anyone who does any combination of traveling, dining, commuting, and streaming. The introductory 30,000 bonus points offer for spending $3,000 in three months gives cardholders a sizable chunk of points to spend on travel, gift cards, or cash redemption – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to protect your cell phone from damage or theft
- Frequently dine out, commute, travel, or use streaming services
- Want a lengthy 0% APR period for purchases and balance transfers
Wells Fargo Propel American Express Review
Nowadays, dining out, ridesharing, and streaming have become ubiquitous, and the Wells Fargo Propel from American Express Card helps cardholders turn these activities into rewards points. Cardholders earn impressive triple points (three points for every dollar they spend) on food (both eating out and ordering in), gas, rideshares, and transit, travel (including flights, hotel bookings, homestays, and car rentals and popular streaming services (including Netflix, Hulu, and more). Every other purchase with the card earns a single point for every dollar spent.
New accounts also receive an impressive 30,000 bonus points when they make $3,000 in purchases within the first 90 days. This bonus reward has a cash value of roughly $300, simple for spending $1,000 in purchases for each of the first three months – an easy feat given the rich point-earning potential of the card.
The Propel American Express Card also provides an excellent introductory APR for new accounts. New cardholders receive 0% intro APR for the first 12 months on purchases and balance transfers, meaning the card is a great option for those who want to pay down an existing card balance or finance a big-ticket flight purchase over time – all while still earning 3x points.
Also, while traveling, cardholders receive benefits such as lost luggage reimbursement, auto rental collision and liability insurance, and 24/7 travel and emergency assistance. The card also offers protection from cell phone damage and theft, and retail protection if items purchased with the card are stolen or damaged within 90 days from the date of purchase.
Should You Apply for the Wells Fargo Propel Card?
The Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card hits all the right notes for those who love to earn great rewards for their everyday purchases, as well as when they splurge. Triple points on dining, transportation, and travel categories are great, but the addition of 3x points on streaming services is the cherry on top of the sundae. Seemingly everyone subscribes to at least one streaming service, so getting rewarded for watching your favorite films and shows is a nice perk.
The bonus offers of 0% intro APR for the first year and 30,000 bonus points after meeting minimum spend requirements in the first 90 days are also nice features – made even nice by the fact that rewards points never expire (as long as the account is open). Some other Wells Fargo cards have rewards that expire after five years, but the ability to build-up a hefty haul with no fear of points disappearing is always a plus.
Overall, the Propel American Express Card from Wells Fargo is an excellent option for those who want to earn rewards for everyday purchases like commuting costs, dining, or streaming, as well as when booking their next vacation.