Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 2nd, 2022
Truist Business Travel Rewards Credit Card
Truist Business Travel Rewards Credit Card
Earn 20,000 Bonus Miles
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $0 for the first year. After that, $49
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn miles on all eligible purchases
- Earn unlimited double miles on airfare, hotels, and car rentals
- No foreign transaction fees
- Receive up to $85 in statement credits per organization every 4 years towards TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry application fee reimbursement
- Annual fee waived on the first year
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 28.15% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first year. After that, $49
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: Up to $39
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Truist Business Travel Rewards Credit Card offers simple travel rewards with every purchase, a decent introductory miles bonus, and a competitive APR every day. The card, which features a $49 annual fee (waived for year one), also provides TSA PreCheck statement credits and features no foreign transaction fees.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Own a small or medium-sized company and travels often
- Will issue multiple employee cards and make use of the TSA Pre✓ credits
- Don’t want to pay a foreign transaction fee
- Already bank with Truist
Truist Business Travel Rewards Visa Credit Card Review
The Truist Business Travel Rewards Credit Card offers small businesses the chance to maximize their travel savings while enjoying a great low rate every day. The card, from Truist Bank, offers unlimited double miles on travel-related purchases and more – for a $49 annual fee (waived for the first year).
Earn Double Rewards on Travel
The Business Travel Rewards Visa earns 2X miles on all airfare, hotels, and car rental bookings made with the card. That double miles-per-dollar-spent isn’t spectacular, but it is a solid earning rate for a card that doesn’t differentiate between bookings made with the carriers or hotels or bookings through third-party booking sites like Travelocity, Trivago, Expedia, or others.
All other purchases with the card earn a single mile per dollar spent. Miles earned will expire at the end of the month five (5) years from the date of issuance. Miles are tracked and redeemable on a first-to-expire basis, with the cardholder’s oldest miles being used first
20,000 Bonus Miles
New business accounts also enjoy 20,000 bonus miles after meeting minimum spend requirements within the first three months of opening an account. Companies earn those 20,000 miles after using their new card to make at least $2,000 in purchases within the first 90 days.
That introductory miles offer provides significant value for small businesses intending to travel soon after getting the card. While 20,000 miles equates to roughly $200 in value (given Truist’s miles have a value of approximately one cent per point ($0.001/pt.), that miles haul is effectively 13% cash back for meeting a relatively modest business spending target.
How to Redeem Miles
Enjoy Beyond miles apply to a variety of awards. Businesses can redeem miles for cash back as a statement credit to a Truist account, gift cards from leading brands and retailers, hotel stays, airline tickets, and merchandise.
As a Truist deposit, the first redemption option earns an additional Loyalty Cash Bonus based on the accountholder’s Truist banking relationship. Companies can earn a 10%, 25%, or 50% Loyalty Cash Bonus based on their Truist deposit relationship when cash rewards are redeemed into a Truist deposit account.
Impressive Travel Perks
Beyond 20,000 bonus miles and 2X miles on travel purchases, the Truist Business Travel Rewards Visa offers a bevy of impressive travel perks for employees. These travel benefits include:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Receive up to $85 statement credit per organization every four years towards TSA Pre✓ or Global Entry application fee reimbursement
While an $85 credit for TSA Pre✓ or Global Entry application fees doesn’t sound overly impressive, that savings can add up quickly for companies that plan on issuing multiple employee cards.
Other Card Features
The card also provides a variety of business-centric perks, the first of which is complimentary employee cards. Other business perks include a variety of tools designed to help streamline account management. These include:
- Truist Online Banking management
- Truist eZBusiness access
- Intuit QuickBooks® integration
Businesses can also link their existing Truist checking and credit accounts to add overdraft protection to the card.
Other notable features include Visa’s Zero Fraud Liability protection, comprehensive fraud monitoring, and other visa business features. Cardholders also enjoy EMV chip technology’s added security, contactless payment, and mobile wallet compatibility.
Should You Apply for the Truist Business Travel Rewards Credit Card?
The Truist Business Travel Rewards Credit Card offers plenty of value for its $49 annual fee – even before the news that Truist waives that fear for the first year. The double miles on travel-centric purchases are great, as are the 20,000 bonus miles from a very modest initial spend.
The TSA or Global Entry credits are the real value here, especially for companies that plan on issuing multiple cards to employees. While the annual fee recoups much of the costs of a TSA PreCheck application fee, companies issuing several cards can reclaim significant value through this credit.