Smith's REWARDS World Mastercard®
Earn up to 3X Points on Kroger Family of Brands
- Regular Purchase APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Get an additional 25 cents off per gallon for ONE YEAR at Kroger Family of Companies Fuel Centers when you redeem 100 fuel Rewards Points
- For every eligible $1 net qualifying purchase you’ll earn: 1 point anywhere Mastercard is accepted, 2 points in the Kroger® Family of Companies (excluding fuel centers), 3 points on the Kroger family of quality brands
- Rewards are sent automatically every quarter. Every 1,000 points you earn gets you $5 in free groceries
- Enjoy Mastercard Travel Services and MasterRental® Insurance
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either 4% of the amount of each transfer or $10 minimum, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either 4% of the amount of each advance or $10 minimum, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
The Smith’s REWARDS World Mastercard® is a branded credit card affiliated with the Smith’s chain of grocery stores, which is owned by the Kroger Family of Companies. If you are a Smith’s customer or shop at any Kroger-owned store, this is a great card to have in your wallet. Cardholders not only earn free groceries with every purchase made but also get gas discounts and other perks.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Shop at Smith’s or any Kroger-owned stores.
- Want a tiered grocery rewards credit card that they can use anywhere
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Like saving $0.25 per gallon on fuel purchases for a whole year
Smith’s REWARDS World Mastercard® Review
Smith’s is a chain of grocery stores with a presence in Utah and the Southwestern United States. It is currently owned by the Kroger Family of Companies, and cardholders can redeem their points an any Kroger-owned retailer. Cardholders can also earn extra points on certain types of purchases, and there is never an annual fee with this card. Keep reading to learn more about the features of this card.
Earn Points on Every Purchase
Some rewards credit cards limit cardholders on what purchases qualify them for rewards points. That’s not the case with the Smith’s REWARDS card. Cardholders earn one point for every dollar they spend with their Mastercard. Considering that Mastercard is accepted by most vendors who accept credit cards, there are barely any limits to where you can rack up points.
What’s more, cardholders can earn twice as many points for their purchases when shopping at Smith’s or any Kroger company. If you like saving money on Kroger’s store brand products, then you’ll be happy to know that purchasing those products will earn you three points for every dollar spent.
One of the downsides with this card, though, is that you cannot earn these extra points at Kroger fuel centers. However, there are some gas-related perks that you can take advantage of with this card.
Discounted Gas for a Year
Cardholders can’t earn points at Kroger fuel centers, but they certainly can redeem points for gas at Kroger fuel centers. As an added perk, cardholders get 25 cents discounted from each gallon of gas when they use at least 100 of their fuel points towards that gas purchase.
This is a limited time offer only available for the first 12 months from the date of opening an account. However, cardholders can continue to receive a five-cent discount for each gallon of gas they purchase after the 12-month period ends.
Even though this Rewards Card is co-branded with Smith’s grocery store, cardholders can redeem their points at any retailer that is part of the Kroger Family of Companies. This includes over 15 different retailers, so no matter where you are, you can probably find a grocery store where you can redeem your points.
One of the things to keep in mind, though, is that you typically cannot redeem your points whenever you want. Cardholders need to wait to receive a Rewards Certificate about once every quarter. You will only receive rewards certificates if you have earned at least 1,000 points, which comes out to around $5 in grocery store credits.
If you haven’t earned 1,000 rewards points, then you will not earn a certificate. Instead, your points will remain on your rewards account until you have reached the minimum, and then you will be issued a certificate at the next scheduled disbursement date.
There are no limits to the amount of points you can earn, but your unused rewards points do expire after 36 months. This shouldn’t be a problem if you have earned more than 1,000 points, as you will automatically get a certificate. However, you can lose any points below 1,000 if you decide to stop using your card.
The Smith’s Rewards card doesn’t charge an annual fee, so there is no worrying about how much money you have to spend to make it worth paying a fee. Additionally, there are no foreign transaction fees with this card. This is great if you like to travel internationally, especially since Mastercard has a huge international presence.
Should You Apply for the Smith’s REWARDS World Mastercard® Review?
This credit card is an ideal fit for people who already shop at Smith’s or another retailer that is part of the Kroger Family of Companies. You basically end up earning free groceries without having to really change your spending habits. The fact that this card doesn’t charge an annual fee makes it even more appealing.
What’s great is that you can use a simple calculator on the credit card’s website to see how much money in grocery credits you can earn each quarter. Many rewards programs don’t even let you see how much your points are worth, and most rewards programs require you to do your own investigating and calculations to determine what your points can get you.
The discounted gas for a year is a great bonus. However, it may not be advantageous to cardholders who don’t have access to a Kroger fuel center. Nevertheless, the grocery benefits of this card are the real draw here.