Ralphs Rewards World Mastercard®
Earn up to 3X Points on Ralphs Store Brand Products
- Regular Purchase APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Receive a $50 statement credit after your first purchase
- 1 point per eligible net $1 spent anywhere1 Mastercard is accepted, 2 points per eligible net $1 spent at Ralphs grocery stores, and 3 points per eligible net $1 spent on Ralphs store brand products
- Rewards are sent automatically every quarter. Get a $5 rewards certificate for every 1,000 points you collect
- Enjoy Mastercard Travel Services and MasterRental® Insurance
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either 4% of the amount of each transfer or $10 minimum, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either 4% of the amount of each advance or $10 minimum, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
The Ralphs Rewards World Mastercard offers Ralphs fans the chance to earn rewards with every purchase. Cardholders earn 3x points on Ralphs and Kroger’s own-brands products, 2x points for purchases at Ralphs and Kroger brand supermarkets, and 1x points on everything else. The card has no foreign transaction fees and no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently shop at Ralphs or any other company in the Kroger family of brands
- Want to earn points towards free groceries
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Want an instant $50 statement credit for making the first purchase
Ralphs Rewards World Mastercard Review
The Ralphs Rewards Mastercard from U.S. Bank allows cardholders to make purchases anywhere in the world Mastercard is accepted and rewards them for everyday purchases.
The Ralphs Rewards Card earns three points for every eligible dollar spent with Ralphs own-brand products; two points per eligible dollar spent at Ralphs (excluding fuel purchases); and a single point for every other dollar spent on purchases elsewhere.
Ralphs is a proud member of the Kroger family of companies, meaning that this card is valuable anywhere in the country. The Kroger family of companies includes such names as Fry’s, Ralph’s, QFC, Fred Meyer, and more, with locations spanning the nation – meaning cardholders can earn not only at Ralphs, but any Kroger brand as well.
The ability to earn points towards free Ralphs (or any Kroger brand, for that matter) groceries is a great perk with this card – and one that is certainly going to encourage a few new applicants. The inability to earn points on gas purchases, however, is a big letdown. Other Kroger cards, such as the Fred Meyer Rewards World Mastercard, allow cardholders to use points for gas savings; the inability to do so with the Ralphs card is disappointing.
Kroger REWARDS points instantly become rewards once you pass a minimum threshold of 1,000 points. Once you earn 1,000 points, Kroger will automatically send a $5 reward. This makes keeping track of your points a non-issue as your rewards are instantly made available without any effort.
The card also comes with an introductory bonus offer that will surely please shoppers: new applicants receive a $50 statement credit when they use their Ralphs Rewards Card to make the first purchase. Since there is no minimum for the first purchase, this is essentially a statement credit with a value of as much as $49.99.
Should You Apply for the Ralphs Rewards Mastercard?
Overall, the Ralphs Rewards Mastercard is a decent retail card from U.S. Bank that is ultimately flawed. While the ability to earn 2x and 3x points with Ralphs (and other Kroger companies) is nothing to ridicule, the lack of fuel redemption options for points is frustrating. Fortunately, for those who are seeking fuel savings in addition to earning points at their favorite Kroger supermarket, there are plenty of other options available – which also come with the added bonus of discounts on fuel. Additionally, some other REWARDS Cards, notably the Harris Teeter REWARDS World MasterCard, earn $10 in free groceries from 1,000 points – and not $5. So, if you have your heart set on a grocery rewards card and love to shop at Ralphs, check out some of the other U.S. Bank Kroger cards – you may find a better value.