Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on September 10th, 2021
QFC REWARDS World Mastercard®
Earn Up to 2X Points on Kroger Family of Brands
- Regular Purchase APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Get an additional 55 cents off per gallon for one year at Kroger Family of Companies Fuel Centers when you redeem 100 fuel Rewards Points
- For every eligible $1 net qualifying purchase you’ll earn: 1 point anywhere Mastercard is accepted & 2 points in the Kroger® Family of Companies (excluding fuel centers)
- Rewards are sent automatically every quarter. Every 1,000 points you earn gets you $5 in free groceries
- Enjoy Mastercard Travel Services and MasterRental® Insurance
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The QFC REWARDS World Mastercard offers shoppers unlimited rewards at QFC and all Kroger family of companies. Rewards points can be redeemed for free groceries and fuel. Earning rewards for gas purchases and when buying groceries is always a pleasant surprise – and the QFC REWARDS World Mastercard is a great tool for everyday purchases at Kroger, QFC, or other affiliated brands.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Live in the Pacific Northwest and frequently shop with QFC
- Want to enjoy $.55 per gallon off of gas for an entire year
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee or foreign transaction fees
- Want a grocery rewards card that is useful worldwide
QFC REWARDS World Mastercard Review
Grocery shopping is something almost everyone does, and with the QFC REWARDS World Mastercard, shoppers can earn rewards points towards free groceries and fuel. The card earns three points for every dollar spent on own-brand products from Kroger Family brands, including QFC, two points per dollar on purchases at QFC, or any other Kroger supermarket or brand (excluding Kroger Fuel Centers), and a single point for every other dollar spent on purchases.
One of the downsides of the QFC REWARDS World Mastercard (and all Kroger and U.S. Bank cobranded credit cards) is that points cannot be earned on fuel purchases. Fortunately, points can be redeemed towards fuel, with a special bonus of an additional 55 cents off per gallon for an entire year when redeeming 100 points at participating Kroger Fuel Centers.
As the QFC rewards Card is a full-blooded World Mastercard product, holders can rest assured that all of their purchases are backed not only by the purchasing power of MasterCard, but that they are also protected from liability, fraud, and if they should find a product they purchased cheaper elsewhere. The card further benefits from no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees, and a typical competitive APR on purchases and balance transfers.
Should You Apply for the QFC REWARDS World Mastercard?
Kroger is a brand name that is recognized from coast-to-coast thanks to the huge family of companies under its umbrella – including QFC. While the QFC brand may focus on the core cities and towns of the Pacific Northwest, the QFC REWARDS Mastercard is a useful tool no matter where it goes.
Not only does the card earn impressive points for all QFC purchases, but these rewards can also be earned at any Kroger brand supermarket across the United States. While fuel purchases can’t earn points, the points you do earn are applicable towards fuel savings, thanks to a valuable 55 cents off per gallon offer – good for an entire year!