Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 9th, 2021
Pottery Barn Key Rewards Visa
Pottery Barn Key Rewards Visa
Earn 5% Back in Rewards Across Seven Brands
- Regular Purchase APR 26.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 26.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 26.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- Earn 5% back online and in stores across seven brands
- Earn 4% back at grocery stores and restaurants (excludes fast food)
- Earn 1% Back on all other purchases
- 10% back across seven brands for your first 30 days from account opening.
- Special 12-month promotional financing on purchases of $750 or more
- Free standard shipping at Williams Sonoma brands
- Regular Purchase APR: 26.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 26.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts to your account at a promotional APR that we may offer you. None for balances transferred at the Transfer APR.
- Cash Advance APR: 26.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Pottery Barn Key Rewards Visa offers up to 5% cash back rewards with seven brands in the Williams Sonoma portfolio – including Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, and Pottery Barn Teens. The card also earns 4% back on dining and groceries, with rewards taking the form of $20 certificates.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently shop at Pottery Barn or any other Williams Sonoma brand
- Want a store card that also earns rewards on groceries and dining
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee and have excellent credit
The Pottery Barn Key Rewards Visa Review
The Pottery Barn Key Rewards Visa Signature is a co-branded retail and cash back rewards credit card that unlocks savings at Pottery Barn and four other brands in the Williams Sonoma portfolio. The card offers up to 5% back on select purchases, double cash back welcome bonus for new account holders, Pottery Barn exclusive discounts, special financing, and more.
How to Earn Rewards Earn Up to 5% Cash Back – and 10% Back for the First 30 Days
Like other Key Rewards Visa cards, the Pottery Barn Visa offers its best rewards with the seven brands that make up the Williams Sonoma family of brands. Beyond the three Pottery Barn brands, the card earns 5% cash back on purchases at the following retailers, both online and in-store:
- Williams Sonoma
- Williams Sonoma Home
- Mark & Graham
- West Elm
New accounts with the Pottery Barn Key Rewards visa Signature also enjoy a special introductory bonus of 10% back across seven brands for their first 30 days from account opening.
Earn 4% Back on Dining and Groceries
The Pottery Barn Key Rewards Visa also earns impressive cash back on everyday categories that will help provide additional savings into the future. Cardholders earn 4% cash back on groceries and dining purchases, with all other purchases earning a base rate of 1% back. Keep in mind that the 4% back on dining does not include fast food but does include food delivery services like GrubHub, Uber Eats, DoorDash, and more. Additionally, grocery store purchases do not include gas station or convenience store purchases or groceries purchased from box stores like Walmart or Target.
How to Redeem Cash Back Rewards with the Key Rewards Visa Signature
If the cash back rewards with the Kew Rewards Cards from Capital One are impressive, the redemption options are uninspired. The only redemption option for cash back is a reward certificate, redeemable in $20 denominations.
Every $20 of Rewards cardholders earn will receive a $20 rewards certificate following 30 days. These rewards are sent automatically and apply only to future purchases with the card or member account at all Williams-Sonoma brands.
While the lack of redemption options might be frustrating, the card offers significant value for those who prioritize savings with a particular brand but don’t want the closed-loop hassle that comes from a store card.
Special Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma Benefits and Savings
The Key Rewards Card also comes with a suite of special perks for cardholders, including special promotional financing. Cardholders enjoy 12-month promotional financing on $750 or more purchases with the seven brands in the Williams Sonoma portfolio. However, any purchases that are made using the promotional financing option do not earn cash back rewards – something to keep in mind.
Cardholders also enjoy free standard shipping on Williams Sonoma purchases and earn a $25 birthday reward via email on their birthday. Other notable Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma benefits include:
- Early access to promotions
- Sneak peeks of new collections
- Cross-brand design services with Design Crew, including a free consultation with design experts
Competitive Interest Rates
Retail credit cards tend to have higher interest rates than other rewards credit cards – and the Pottery Barn Key Rewards Visa follows this pattern. The card features a fixed-rate APR of around 25% for purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances. While 25% seems high, that rate is in line with the average APR for retail credit cards – currently just under 25.5%.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the card include:
- No annual fee
- Zero Fraud Liability
- Visa Signature Concierge
- Roadside Dispatch
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Cardholder Inquiry Services
Should You Apply for the Capital One Pottery Barn Key Rewards Visa Signature Card?
Overall, the Pottery Barn Key Rewards Visa Signature Card offers plenty of substance to justify considering. The cash back rewards with the card are generous for brand-loyal customers, as is the 10% back with Williams Sonoma for the first 30 days. Add to that 4% back on groceries and dining, and you have an everyday credit card that helps offset Pottery Barn, West Elm, and Williams Sonoma purchases.