- Up to 8X points on airline purchases with OneTravel
- 6X points on hotels, car rentals, and other purchases with OneTravel
- 4X points on dining, with 2X points on everything else
- Special financing opportunities on qualified OneTravel purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% or 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99%
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ – Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 – See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry – Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 – See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels – Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 – See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in Brooklyn – Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 – See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in New York – Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 – See Details
- Every 4th Night Free + Premium Benefits in West Hollywood – Offer Expires on February 28, 2021 – See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a GlanceThe OneTravel Visa® Credit Card was created as a companion to OneTravel.com, a discount travel booking website. As such, cardholders earn 6 to 8 points per dollar spent on the site for flights, car rentals, vacation packages, and more. The card also offers special financing and points on everyday purchases. If you’re a fan of OneTravel and want to ramp up your savings when you book on the site, this card is worth a look.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Plan to book travel through OneTravel.com/CheapOair.com or the app for additional rewards
- Are able to spend at least $500 in the first 90 days to earn the statement credit
- Want a card that rewards no less that 2 points per dollar on all purchases, with more for travel and dining
- Would take advantage of special financing on certain travel purchases
OneTravel Visa® Credit Card ReviewThe OneTravel Visa® is a card from Synchrony Bank that packs a powerful punch when it comes to rewards. Just like the site it’s named after, this card has the potential to provide huge discounts on your travel needs. This means up to 8X points on flights and 6X on other bookings made with OneTravel or CheapOair, plus 4X for dining, and 2X on everything else. In addition, it offers Visa perks, special financing, and other benefits with no annual fee. If you’re wondering if all this sounds too good to be true, you’ve come to the right review. While this card can give you a significant boost on OneTravel bookings, many of the other perks come with disclaimers. These can affect how beneficial the card really is for your wallet, so it’s worth weighing the pros and cons before you apply.
OneTravel Visa® or Visa Signature®The OneTravel credit card actually comes in different levels, which will affect your APRs. When you apply for this card, you may receive any one of the following versions:
- Type 1 Visa Signature
- Type 2 Visa Signature
OneTravel.com RewardsIn order to earn rewards with a OneTravel card, you must become a member of the OneTravel Rewards Program. Technically you can sign up for this program without the card and earn rewards, as follows:
- 1X point on airline purchases
- 3X points on hotels and car rentals
OneTravel Airline Tickets and Other TravelMost of your purchases made with OneTravel or CheapOair will earn you 6 points per dollar spent. This covers expenses for rental cars, hotels, and vacation packages. You’ll earn an additional point on airfare and related purchases, and even more if you download the associated mobile app. This earns you a total of 8X points on airline expenses. These are pretty hefty rewards rates, especially when compared to other travel and airline rewards cards. However, it’s difficult to determine how much these points are worth since point value isn’t outlined in the terms and conditions. Either way, combining these points with the already low fares on the site guarantees additional savings.
Dining and Everyday PurchasesIt’s also possible to earn 4 points per dollar on dining and 2X points on other everyday purchases. To qualify for 4X points, the merchant must fall under a dining establishment merchant code. This generally includes fast food, sit-down restaurants and cafes. You’ll earn the 2X points on any purchases regardless of category, as long as the merchant accepts Visa credit cards.
RedemptionYou can redeem your points at any time on OneTravel.com for flights, hotels, and car rentals. However, you must make a qualifying purchase with your account at least once every two years to keep the points from expiring. Qualifying purchases are those that earn rewards. This isn’t the most flexible travel rewards card, but it encourages you to maximize your savings by booking more travel through the site.
Statement CreditWhen you spend $500 in the first 3 months from the account opening, OneTravel issues a $50 statement credit. This is a pretty low reward when compared with some other introductory bonuses. However, the minimum spending requirement is equally low, at just over $160 per month. You can achieve this just by booking your first trip, so it’s an easy $50 in your wallet.
Special FinancingAnother perk the OneTravel credit card offers is the special financing opportunities. When you make a purchase totaling at least $399 on the site, you become eligible for a 0% APR. However, there are a few caveats:
- You must be able to pay off the purchase in full within 6 months
- The total must be $399 after discounts
- You won’t earn rewards when you activate special financing