Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
King Soopers REWARDS World Mastercard®
Earn Up to 3X Points on Kroger Family of Brands
- Regular Purchase APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Get an additional 25 cents off per gallon for one year at Kroger Family of Companies Fuel Centers when you redeem 100 fuel Rewards Points
- For every eligible $1 net qualifying purchase you’ll earn: 1 point anywhere Mastercard is accepted, 2 points in the Kroger® Family of Companies (excluding fuel centers), and 3 points on the Kroger family of quality brands
- Rewards are sent automatically every quarter. Every 1,000 points you earn gets you $5 in free groceries
- Enjoy Mastercard Travel Services and MasterRental® Insurance
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Save as you shop at London Designer Outlet – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Achieve home office harmony with a Feng Shui session – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Take a flawless makeup masterclass at Cosmetics à la Carte – Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 – See Details
- Learn to DJ like an expert – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Shop like a celebrity with LookStyler – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Upgrade your stay in Belfast and see the city in style – Offer Expires on March 31, 2021 – See Details
- Master gin and tonics with tips from two expert restaurateurs – Offer Expires on May 28, 2021 – See Details
- Get a taste of the pirate’s life with Miami Children’s Museum – Offer Expires on January 22, 2031 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
A versatile co-branded credit card, the King Soopers REWARDS World Mastercard offers a smart way to shop almost anywhere in the world while simultaneously earning rewards towards free groceries at King Soopers.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently shop at King Soopers or any other company in the Kroger family of brands
- Want a rewards credit card that lets them earn towards free groceries and fuel savings with every purchase.
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
King Soopers REWARDS World Mastercard Review
The King Soopers Rewards World Mastercard from U.S. Bank is a double threat in that it allows you to make purchases anywhere in the world Mastercard is accepted and rewards you for everyday purchases with rewards credits applicable towards future purchases at King Soopers City Market.
The King Soopers Rewards Card earns three points for every eligible dollar spent with any of the Kroger family of companies own-brand products; two points per eligible dollar spent at any Kroger company (excluding fuel purchases); and a single point for every other dollar spent on purchases elsewhere.
The ability to earn points towards free King Soopers (or any Kroger brand, for that matter) groceries is a great perk with this card – and one that is certainly going to encourage a few new applicants. The inability to earn points on gas purchases, however, is a big letdown. This is somewhat mitigated by the option to redeem points towards fuel savings at King Soopers pumps. When cardholders redeem at least 100 points at participating Kroger Fuel Centers (including King Soopers), they’ll also receive an additional $.25 in fuel savings per gallon for an entire year – not bad at all!
Points in the REWARDS Program are instantly turned into rewards as soon as you reach a minimum threshold. Once you accumulate 1,000 points, Kroger will automatically send a $5 reward. This makes keeping track of your points a non-issue as your rewards are instantly made available without any effort.
As a full-featured credit card, the King Soopers REWARDS World Mastercard® also has you covered with fraud protection, and you won’t be held liable for purchases made with your card if it’s lost or stolen. Also, you can take advantage of MasterRental® insurance and Mastercard’s proprietary travel services to book your next getaway. You also won’t have to worry about paying an annual fee with the King Soopers REWARDS World Mastercard, as the card does not include this charge.
Should You Apply for the King Soopers REWARDS Card?
Overall, the King Soopers Mastercard is a reliable – and potent – rewards credit card for those who are loyal patrons of the Kroger family of companies, including King Soopers City Market and Fuel Centers. The ability to quickly earn rewards that are applicable towards free groceries might not sound as glamorous as earning airline miles to book a dream flight to Monte Carlo, but for the vast majority of Americans, these rewards are what they really need – and want.
The additional perk of $.25 off each gallon of fuel purchased at Kroger Fuel Centers for an entire year after redeeming 100 fuel points is another perk that might not sound impressive but can go a long way to saving commuters big money over time. Add that together with no annual fee and the suite of perks commonly found with Mastercard products, and the King Soopers REWARDS Mastercard is a very good card to consider adding to your wallet.