Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card
Earn 75,000 Bonus Points
- 15X points at IHG Hotels and Resorts worldwide
- 2X points per $1 spent at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- 1X points on all other purchases
- Gold Elite status after spending $10,000
- Save 20% on point purchases when using your card to purchase points
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 22.99%, based on your creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 22.99%, based on your creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Save as you shop at London Designer Outlet - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Achieve home office harmony with a Feng Shui session - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Take a flawless makeup masterclass at Cosmetics à la Carte - Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 - See Details
- Learn to DJ like an expert - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Shop like a celebrity with LookStyler - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Upgrade your stay in Belfast and see the city in style - Offer Expires on March 31, 2021 - See Details
- Master gin and tonics with tips from two expert restaurateurs - Offer Expires on May 28, 2021 - See Details
- Get a taste of the pirate's life with Miami Children's Museum - Offer Expires on January 22, 2031 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card from Chase Bank makes it easy – and lucrative – to spend money; earn points from everyday purchases and watch them add up to Reward Nights at more than 5,200 hotel properties worldwide. Using this card for all purchases can net you up to 15x points per $1 spent, and exclusive Mastercard benefits like travel protection, purchase protection, and fraud protection make this card an attractive offer. The generous sign-up bonus offer that accompanies this card is another feather in its cap.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Stay at IHG properties frequently when you travel
- Plan to spend at least $2,000 in the first three months of account opening to take advantage of a generous 60,000 bonus point offer
- Want a discount of 20% when purchasing IHG® Rewards member points with this card
- Would like a card with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card Review
There are multiple ways to earn Reward Nights by using the IHG Rewards Club Traveler card. There is no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee associated with this card, which will help cardholders save money as they earn rewards points in the following ways:
The Signup Bonus
New cardholders will be able to earn a generous bonus of 60,000 points when they spend $2,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening. Points can be redeemed for a complimentary stay for as little as 10,000 points so this bonus can add up to six free nights at IHG properties across the world.
Reward Points & Redemption
This card offer has a standard rewards bonus structure, offering the highest amount points for every dollar spent with IHG. Cardholders can earn a total of 15x points for every dollar they spend with the IHG Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card when booking an overnight stay directly with IHG Hotels and Resorts:
- Earn 5x points per $1 spent as an IHG® Rewards Club Travel Credit Cardmember
- Earn 10x points per $1 spent from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club Member
Additionally, cardholders earn IHG Rewards Club points at the following rates:
- 2x points for every $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- 1x points for every $1 spent on all other purchases
Cardholders will get the best value for their money when they use this credit card to purchase a hotel stay at IHG properties, although the ability to earn unlimited rewards for all purchases will certainly put a spring in your step. IHG Rewards members can also transfer points to select partners, including leading airlines.
Cardholders can earn Gold Elite status when they spend at least $10,000 each calendar year using their IHG card. Additional Qualifying points can be earned to achieve higher Rewards Club statuses, too.
When purchasing IHG Rewards Club points, IHG Rewards Club Traveler Cardholders will receive a 20% discount when they pay for those points with their card. These are non-Qualifying points and do not count towards Elite qualification, although they can be redeemed for a free night stay.
For each standard room Reward Night stay of 4 or more nights booked with points, every fourth night is free. Cardholders must book four consecutive nights within the same Reward Night point redemption room stay at the same property. Eligible members will be charged the point redemption rate for only the first three nights; the 4th night will be free.
For more information on the IHG Rewards loyalty program, check out:
Should You Apply for the IHG Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card?
The IHG Traveler Card is a decent option for those who casually travel and want to watch their spending. No annual fee makes the card an appealing option for the budget-conscious, IHG-aficionado, but earning and maintaining IHG Gold status requires spending of $10,000 per year, which is exceedingly high. While no annual fee may be the draw of the IHG Rewards Club Card, for anyone beyond the most casual of travelers, the IHG Rewards Premier Card might be the better bet, even considering its price tag.