Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on March 16th, 2021
Harris Teeter REWARDS World Mastercard®
Earn Up to 2X Points on Harris Teeter Family of Brands
- Regular Purchase APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn a $30 statement credit after first purchase
- For every eligible $1 net qualifying purchase you’ll earn: 1 point per eligible net $1 spent anywhere Mastercard is accepted and 2 points per eligible net $1 spent in the Harris Teeter stores (excluding fuel centers)
- Rewards are sent automatically every quarter. Every 1,000 points you earn gets you $10 in free groceries
- Enjoy Mastercard Travel Services and MasterRental® Insurance
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Harris Teeter REWARDS World Mastercard offers Harris Teeter fans across the South Atlantic states the chance to earn impressive rewards with every purchase. Cardholders earn triple points on Harris Teeter and Kroger own-brands products, double points for purchases at Harris Teeter supermarkets, as well as with other Kroger companies (with the exception of fuel purchases), and single points on everything else. Points are applicable to a variety of rewards, including free groceries.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently shop at Harris Teeter or any other company in the Kroger family of brands
- Want to earn points towards free groceries and impressive gas discounts
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Want an easy-to-earn $30 statement credit
Harris Teeter REWARDS World Mastercard Review:
The Harris Teeter Rewards World Mastercard from U.S. Bank allows cardholders to make purchases anywhere in the world Mastercard is accepted and rewards them for everyday purchases with rewards credits applicable towards future purchases at Harris Teeter at the same time.
The Harris Teeter Rewards Card earns three points for every eligible dollar spent with Harris Teeter own-brand products; two points per eligible dollar spent at Harris Teeter (excluding fuel purchases); and a single point for every other dollar spent on purchases elsewhere.
Harris Teeter is a proud members of the Kroger family of companies, meaning that this card isn’t just useful in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, but anywhere in the country. The Kroger family of companies includes such names as Fry’s, Ralph’s, Fred Meyer, and more, with locations spanning the nation – meaning cardholders can earn not only at Harris Teeter, but any Kroger brand as well.
The ability to earn points towards free Harris Teeter (or any Kroger brand, for that matter) groceries is a great perk with this card – and one that is certainly going to encourage a few new applicants. The inability to earn points on gas purchases, however, is a big letdown. Other Kroger cards, such as the Fred Meyer Rewards World Mastercard, allow cardholders to use points for gas savings; the inability to do so with the Harris Tetter card is disappointing.
Points in the Kroger REWARDS Program are instantly turned into rewards as soon as you reach a minimum threshold. Once you accumulate 1,000 points, Kroger will automatically send a $10 reward. This makes keeping track of your points a non-issue as your rewards are instantly made available without any effort.
The card also comes with an introductory bonus offer that will surely please shoppers: new applicants receive a $30 statement credit when they use their Harris Teeter REWARDS Card to make a first purchase. Since there is no minimum for the first purchase, this is essentially a statement credit with a value of as much as $29.99 – just for opening an account and using it to buy something!
Should You Apply for the Harris Teeter REWARDS Card?
Overall, the Harris Teeter Mastercard is a reliable retail card from Kroger and U.S. Bank. The ability to earn double or triple points with Harris Teeter (and other Kroger companies) is nothing to scoff at – even if the lack of points for fuel purchases is disappointing. Fortunately, for those who are seeking fuel savings in addition to earning points at their favorite Kroger supermarket, there are plenty of other options available, including the following, which offer excellent fuel savings:.